MrPinski's Daft Punk Guy Manuel Helmet (Tron-Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
loving it, very impressed with the vacuum form for the shield. what did you use for the equalizer style circle for the ear?

Just so you know I am still working... Making a new shield for the Guy Dome...
IMG_28951.jpg

Just gotta do some final trimmings to make it fit perfect.

Love your work! You made me get up off my butt and get back to work on my Guy helmet! I have a quick question about the acrylic you used for the Visor. I know you said it was 1/16" thickness acrylic, but is this the same as PETG sheets? Also about how long did you leave it in the oven and at what settings? Thanks!

Love your work! You made me get up off my butt and get back to work on my Guy helmet! I have a quick question about the acrylic you used for the Visor. I know you said it was 1/16" thickness acrylic, but is this the same as PETG sheets? Also about how long did you leave it in the oven and at what settings? Thanks!
It's acrylic yeah, I didn't go with petg because you have to buy too much of it and I simply didn't need the quantity that was in the required minimum order. Though I do hear that petg is better because you can just cut it with scissors when you're done shaping it and don't have to dremel it out. I heated my oven to 300F and then I put in the sheet for 5 min, I then raised the heat 10F at a time until it began to sag down quite a bit (@350) and then I put it onto the Vactable and presto formo, a visor is born! haha

Did you have any issue with the helmet scraping the edges of your ears, or can you get it on cleanly without problem?
I scaled it down from the original 330mm thinking it was too big, and now it makes contact with my ears when test fitting it (I can still get it on, but it hits my ears).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back