Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 18, 2011, 3:46 PM - #26

Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    You said you didn't have anyone up for gauntlets right?
    I'm interested.
    I know I don't have much stuff up here, but this could be a way of proving myself to the community in several ways.
    Ok I will put you down for gauntlets...be sure to check the 1st post for updates.

Ithica
    Dave
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Feb 18, 2011, 3:59 PM - #27

I can probly do both of the knives, if you dont mind them being of wood. Let me know mathieu. I can do in Balsa for lite weight of hard wood thats tougher but heaver.
  3. Nintendude is offline Nintendude
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:01 PM - #28

I'm up for helping out I just ordered a set of handplates from JBetts, I'll clean them up add velcro to the backs and take care of the gloves. I don't have armored finger gloves I have black tactical full finger gloves I can give. I can also make the shotgun ammo attachment on the forearm with pleather and spent shells that have been closed up. Is there a certain paint choice we are going with? so I can paint the handplates while I'm at it. I should also share that right now I am battling myself with a inoperable brain tumor so I want to help Mat as much as I can since I can understand what he's going through.
    Last edited by Nintendude; Feb 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM.
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:10 PM - #29

Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I can probly do both of the knives, if you dont mind them being of wood. Let me know mathieu. I can do in Balsa for lite weight of hard wood thats tougher but heaver.
    Even more amazing, you are full of suprises. I will updat the first post.

Originally Posted by Nintendude View Post
    I'm up for helping out I just ordered a set of handplates from JBetts, I'll clean them up add velcro to the backs and take care of the gloves. I don't have armored finger gloves I have black tactical full finger gloves I can give. I can also make the shotgun ammo attachment on the forearm with pleather and spent shells that have been closed up. Is there a certain paint choice we are going with? so I can paint the handplates while I'm at it. I should also share that right now I am battling myself with a inoperable brain tumor so I want to help Mat as much as I can since I can understand what he's going through.
    I am so srry to hear this. It is wonderful that even while battling your medical issues you still help others. You are what this Community needs. Thank you.

No need to paint the handplates because all armor will be painted by Brandon so there are no matching issues. Thank you so much. Be sure to link up with Brandon.
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:15 PM - #30

I will send who ever the Emile knife and scabbard. Just let me know where to send it. I will through a M6G if he wants it. I will have the other knife molds made by sometime next week if you can wait for it.
    Last edited by LeeKegan; Feb 18, 2011 at 4:26 PM.
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:25 PM - #31

Originally Posted by LeeKegan View Post
    I will send who ever the Emile knife and scabbard. Just let me know where to send it.
    Thank you Lee. I will put you down for that knife and Rick down for the other. All items can be sent to Brandon. Thanks Lee.
  7. 405th Southern Regiment Member JUSTINIAN 117's Avatar
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:29 PM - #32

Just a thought, would an undersuit be made also, or would it just be the outside armor?
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:34 PM - #33

Originally Posted by JUSTINIAN 117 View Post
    Just a thought, would an undersuit be made also, or would it just be the outside armor?
    You have someone in mind that can make one?

Lee your work is worth waiting for.
  9. 405th Southern Regiment Member JUSTINIAN 117's Avatar
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:39 PM - #34

No, sorry. I just saw that it wasn't no the list and thought you forgot to put it up.

I wish I could make it though.
    Blog Entries
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:48 PM - #35

I know I'm a noob still and the wrong side of the pond, but if anyone can think of something I can help with, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:50 PM - #36

You know what! Its for a good cause, Ithica, looks like he is using the same thigh attachment as I am and I would be delighted to make another! So list me down for the thigh attachment
    Feb 18, 2011, 4:55 PM - #37

Originally Posted by active84u View Post
    I know I'm a noob still and the wrong side of the pond, but if anyone can think of something I can help with, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Will do....thank you

Originally Posted by SPRTNBD50 View Post
    You know what! Its for a good cause, Ithica, looks like he is using the same thigh attachment as I am and I would be delighted to make another! So list me down for the thigh attachment
    Great news. I'm updating now. Be sure to get with Brandon.
    Blog Entries
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:01 PM - #38

Wait, you updated the 1st post but put me for the thighs....does that mean I'm doing the whole thigh plus attachment?
    If yes
    If no, I wouldn't mind doing it.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:18 PM - #39

Your quick. I messed it up but fixed before I thought anyone seen it...lol.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:19 PM - #40

Put me down for thighs
    I'll add some lights. Can we agree with blue LED's for the thing? or are we going without them?
    Last edited by MikyVengeance; Feb 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:20 PM - #41

Put me down for biceps too. Might as well since it's an easy cast. Even if they suck to demold. You know what I mean. Stupid thi vex.
    Last edited by Brandon McClain; Feb 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:33 PM - #42

Originally Posted by Brandon McClain View Post
    Put me down for biceps too. Might as well since it's an easy cast. Even if they suck to demold. You know what I mean. Stupid thi vex.
    You got it and yes I do lol.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:36 PM - #43

Originally Posted by MikyVengeance View Post
    Put me down for thighs
    I'll add some lights. Can we agree with blue LED's for the thing? or are we going without them?
    Sir you are taking your time to do this you can add them as you please. Thank you very much. I'm updating now.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:38 PM - #44

Originally Posted by Ithica View Post
    Sir you are taking your time to do this you can add them as you please. Thank you very much. I'm updating now.
    It's not problem for me, but if I do lights, will the other parts such as the chest have lights as well? Thought it should match. I guess it depends on the person doing that piece.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:39 PM - #45

This is a great idea. I don't really have anything to contribute (all you guys would do it better than me), I wish I did.

I do live in Canada, (Vancouver) so if there's anything I can do over here just tell me.

One thought: Are you trying to make the armor carcinogen free? I know Bondo and resin aren't the healthiest things, even when set. Are you going to try sticking to smooth on and aquaresin?

Keep it up guys.
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:45 PM - #46

Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    This is a great idea. I don't really have anything to contribute (all you guys would do it better than me), I wish I did.

I do live in Canada, (Vancouver) so if there's anything I can do over here just tell me.

One thought: Are you trying to make the armor carcinogen free? I know Bondo and resin aren't the healthiest things, even when set. Are you going to try sticking to smooth on and aquaresin?

Keep it up guys.
    That's very true. I guess it'll be a great learning experience using Aqua Resin and SmoothOn but I don't know where to get them + price 0_0
    Feb 18, 2011, 5:51 PM - #47

I have nothing at all to contribute but my best of wishes.
  23. Nintendude is offline Nintendude
    Feb 18, 2011, 7:29 PM - #48

What's a Spartan without a weapon, right now I'm building my Sliced Foam H3 AR, for Megacon in Orlando in March, but as soon as the convention is over with I would be more than happy to give him the rifle.
  24. Spartan Eternal
    Feb 18, 2011, 7:54 PM - #49

Helmet: Recon, security or Masterchief (mark v) security shoulders, security/UA based chest, dunno if you can make the weapons too but my favorites are DMR, Shotgun and AR.
    Feb 18, 2011, 8:41 PM - #50

I'll see what I can do about getting you set up with a DMR