Now it's our turn to do something amazing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathieu's obituary:

My translation (may not be perfect):
Mathieu Lacombe, aged 16 years and 8 months, passed away on the 10th of April at the IWK Health Center in Halifax. He was a resident of New Maryland, New Brunswick and the son of Marcel Nadeau and Josee Lacombe. He is survived by maternal grand-parents Nicole and Enoïl Lacombe and his paternal grandmother Jeannine Nadeau.

Furneral service will be held from 1:30 until 4 PM on Friday, 15 April in the chapel of J.B. Côté & Sons Ltd located at 21-37e avenue, Edmundston, NB. Burial will be at 4 PM in l’Église Notre-Dame des Sept-Douleurs in Edmundston.

WHAT! that sux, its so sad that he was not able to see his suit. but i think we need to either finish the suit and sell it help pay for the costs of the funeral or give it to his parents to put up on display in his room..we lost a great spartan

Very sad to hear he's passed. I will pray for him.

I have an idea though. It would be a shame to see this suit go to waste. What if we asked his parents wether we could auction off the full finished suit and donate the proceeds to the charity of their choice? It would be a fitting legacy and I'm sure he would approve of it. The suit should go for approx 10k or more auctioned because its for a good cause. I saw in the comments on the site that they were setting up a charity in his honor, the auction money would make a great start to that.

"May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace"

That would be a wonderfull thingto do for his family. Contact Dave about that one.

The suit WILL be finished and it will go to his mother in his name, it has never been a waste, you have all grown so much closeer and have become such better people..here is the sad story from Mats mom.....

"Hey Dave ,
I'm sorry but he left to a better world Sunday morning at 12h37.
He told me he love me and Spartan never die.
Art Foward a fan of Math (ROG Survivor) send me a email that he want to visit Math in his own armor , so we did the surprise Saturday night, he was so happy and the smile on his face was priceless .
He was asking Art if his armor would look like that and told me even if he's not here with us he will be with when I receive it and told him it was an honor to keep his armor in hos hallo room :)
We raising money forchildren wish every year cause it'simportant for those children to do something or receive something they dream about befor they go ...
Well my friend Math. Is an angel and is spirit is in the world of hallo and Spartans never die
Xoxo
Josee"

I can't say anymore.....

Hey guys,

I've been quietly watching this thread since it began, and have been deeply moved by all that you have done. I got to say I am truly honored to be a part of this community after seeing what you all have done for this brave young spartan!

To Mathieu's family my deepest condolences in this time of sorrow, and i must say that even though I have never met Mathieu he has been an inspiration to me. I have been truly moved by his story. He will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace Spartan!

I'm sure his mother will be very happy to have the suit in his room and in spirit I'm sure he will be happy with it as well, I'm glad that he got to meet a member of the 405th personally before he passed on, and in efforts to help I recieved a pair of Reach Gauntlets from Brandon McClain for being the Member Of The Month last month, those gauntlets have been cleaned up and are ready to be painted and as soon as I have information from Ithica for Mat's mother, I will be auctioning the cold cast gauntlets off on eBay with 100% of the charity auction being given to Mat's family for whatever they choose to do with it.

Just got Full internet Service Back.

I hate to find that I came back online, with this news...

I have no other words really to say other than my condolences to the family.

Nice Pic RoadKiller.

I've been watching this thread since it was first conceived... I am at a loss for words right now. I sat here staring at the screen for quite a while, pondering. This one project has breathed life into the unity of the 405th, why stop here?
Although Mathieu is MIA now, why don't we continue to share the spirit with others?
We can move hearts, one at a time, with more projects like this one. I'm sure Mathieu would want the same...

Rest in Peace Spartan, your story has moved me.

-Sir Tsaboc

I'm sad to hear this, I would have loved to have seen the joy on Mat's face with his spartan gear. As it's commonly said in the Halo universe: "Spartans never die, they're just missing in action..." Be comforted Josee, you will see Mat again.

I'm very sorry to hear this. My deepest feelings for you. Hope you treasured every moment you had with us.

The tears I shed now is my symbol of Respect for you,
Spartans don't cry but I have a reason to.
You've fought 3 battles and made it through,
Looks like this last one was too tough for you.

-Spartans don't die, they're just Missing in Action-
R.I.P Mathieu Lacombe.

I agree that people can carry on the spirit of this operation. This can be just the beginning to events like this. I will be carrying Mats name on in many ways in other areas. I am now passing on the torch of this project to Brandon to finish up. He is more than capable. I am honored to have worked with you all on this project and it will always carry a special place in my heart.....this is Ithica signing off!

I loev you all.

Very sad news but it's good to see the project will not be abandoned, but only shift focus a bit as I have been told.

Look for a new thread regarding this project from Brandon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back