The Helghan Academy - Killzone Files by Hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thorssoli, i've been lurking here on 405th for a long time. And also on the RPF (I posted some stuff there a long time ago, never really got to finish mi GoW snub pistol even after molding it), and on The dented helmet, and I've been lurking on your site too. All I usually do is lurk. I don't post much anywhere, unless I really have something to show, or say.

This is my second post here, and let me say, how do I get to be you?? That is simply amazing! How the hell can you turn up one day, after spitting out a couple of helmets and a bunch of combat gnomes and say, "Meh, im gonna mold that rifle now" ??, Thats simply fantastic! I have a number of unfinished projects on my bench (my floor actually, I really need to improve my workspace), and i never seen to be able to finish anything! Seeing works like yours is what really motivates me to keep trying.
Kudos man, im gonna have to finish my snub after seeing this. And my Locus helmet, and my russian k6-3, and on and on...

I don't really have a good answer for that one. I suppose if you really want to end up where I'm at, you just spend a lot of time reading up on methods and materials and then spend the rest of your time experimenting with them. There's no shortcut, it just takes lots of hours.

In other news, the rifle mold is working out:
8401087046_c949e7c4e5_c.jpg

I still need to mold the magazine and the rear sight assembly, but it's coming together. Let me know if you need one of these.

In other news, the rifle mold is working out:
8401087046_c949e7c4e5_c.jpg

WOW! Bravo man, BRAVO! Ive been following this thread for some time now, I finally decided to join the forum. So since this is my first post, a lil about me, Ive been building props for a couple years now; Ghostbusters proton packs, Fallout armor, and Im currently working on a replica of the bicycle from peewee's big adventure.

Im surprised there hasnt been any replies to this thread since your last post. Those guns look amazing and Id love to get one! Ive worked on tons of resin props before and these look like they'd be fun to work on. Let me know if I could get one, thanks!

-Andy

So far I've pulled five castings and there's a sixth in the mold. I still need to prototype the rear sight and adjustment knob before I can send any out. PM me if you're interested in more info.

Here's one of the raw cast kits straight out of the molds:
8497492598_d8441f2903_c.jpg
Click on that image and it'll get you to a higher resolution version on Flickr.

Here's a pair of them assembled and painted:
8497492454_2ef5f67d67_c.jpg

Hey guys 1st time posting the only reason I made an account was cause of this thread anyway the link for the mask is broken and while there's another one out there it's just not as good so I was wondering if someone could re upload it is sum thin also I've wanted to do pepekura files for a while but I don't no what programs to use I was thinking of doin some of the easier helgahst mask like the sniper anyway a list of programs and some tips would be nice

Andrez9ysinco, the last post in the thread was 8 months ago, the last post before that was six months earlier. This is what is considered a dead thread, please do not resurrect them. The date of the post can be seen above the username of the poster, anything over about a month and a half you should leave alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back