Spitfire22V's LD Mark VI build - Now Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
well all i have to say is with a years worth of work and effort put into that build of yours jealousy should be the first thing that can be expected when someone looks at that suit

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

Just stopping by to see how you're BR is coming along.

Hey! Well to be honest, I haven't worked on the BR in a long time. Finally got the magnets for the magazine attachment, glued them in, and started to board up the edges to smooth it out, but then it just kind of petered out. Been busy job hunting lately, not to mention it's the holiday season again. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure I'll ever finish the BR. You never know though, I tend to go through cycles of interest and disinterest.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be sure to post any new progress on anything, though I don't foresee much since there aren't really any events to wear the suit to.

bullets for the spartans!

Love your build, and now my shoulder 50.cal attachment is finnished, so thought I'd promote it abit here, since i got some of the inspiration from your build. But still they turned out pretty different, but yet again so is the shoulder its going to sit on :p

here's how it turned out:

Picture%252075.jpg

Picture%252091.jpg

AWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOMEAWSOME

This is really cool, I bow at your skill

Croc co

Just wanted to say thank you Spitfire22V for posting the entire process of your build. Made me inspired to build mine... even if it's nowhere near how perfect yours looks.

Hello again 405th!

First of all, let me say thank you to those who have commented in my absence.

It has been a very long time since I've posted in the forums, and a lot has happened since then. Back in April, I was offered employment by a start-up aircraft company, and moved from my home Maryland to my new home in Superior, Wisconsin. Since then, my life has been a hectic whirlwind of adult responsibilities (finally). I of course brought my suit with me, but it had been neglected for several months. Finally, with Halloween approaching, I dusted it off and examined it to re-prep it to be worn again. I had not worn the suit since last Halloween, and some of the hot-glue joints (mostly strapping) had weakened or failed. It was a rather simple matter of re-glueing and reinforcing them.

Wednesday featured Halloween festivities at work, so I of course wore my suit there, and pretty much floored all my coworkers with it. It was non stop fun and amazement all day. I won best costume and best carved pumpkin. Prizes were some gift certificates to local restaurants. Here are some photos:

2012-10-31134822.jpg

_DSC2056.jpg

02_Sippingsomecoffeealliswell.jpg

_DSC2069.jpg

My pumpkin and candy bowl
IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_24.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_19.jpg

Fighting Gimli! lol
Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_35.jpg

Bros united to fight Covenant and Uruk-Hai
Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_37.jpg

The Chief's solution to computer glitches
Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_45.jpg

Taking a breather
Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_84.jpg

Kestrel_Halloween_2012_PCL_43.jpg

Later that night, I went to a local bar and easily won their little costume contest and the $100 cash prize.
IMG_0121.jpg

Like many of you, I will be wearing my suit to the Halo 4 midnight release, and I hope to get some photos then too. Thanks for stopping by!

love this build man. it looks awesome and give me inspiration to try this out and hopefully mine can look as badass as yours.

Awesome build, can not wait to get started on mine (except mine is a stalker chest as it is based on Red Vs Blue).

Does anyone have the pepakura files that actually exist for the Halo 3 Mark VI armor? I've been looking all over for them but haven't found any...at all.

The file archive at the top of the 405th page has a ton of files there. You just have to look. The following steps will lead you to them.

File Archive...
Halo Universe...
...Halo 3
UNSC...
...Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back