Props Tactonyx GS-221 CARB (Aka Avatar Assault Rifle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactonyx

Greetings. Since there has been very little activity coming from me, I thought I'd show you guy's what I've been up to. Behold the GS-221 Caseless Assault Rifle Base. In the movie, if you'll observe, the rifle has an ejection port and spits out brass casings. As for mine, I'm following the conceptual design of this gun, as it's more... Streamlined? Futuristic? Anyway's here is what it looks like

CARB.jpg

And here is what I got done so far

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Hope you enjoy, questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

Fell in love with this rifle when I first saw the previews. I'm itchin to make the anti-material varient of the munitons launcher, that thing is a beast. You can see a WIP sabot right underneath the munition's launcher mag. That thing is boss!

MATANZA!

Da+Guns+006.JPG

That part was really hard, took me a good two and a half hours to make. Yeah I know, it looks like a retarded monkey carved this while having a seizure, but I gotta make do with what I got (One day, laser engraver, you will be in my shop!)

I made the stock of the munitions launcher. I know it's not a whole lot to see, and it looks like I don't have much of an update, but believe me, I got a lot done, I just would like it to be...done-er, before I post any more update pics. In the meantime, enjoy!

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Your C.A.R.B. looks absolutely stunning so far :) I noticed the photo you are using as a reference is very limited as far as detail. I have some photos of the actual WETA made Props from the movie. Photos from all angles. If you would like me to send them to you or post them here, I would be happy to. :) I also will be making a C.A.R.B. Replica or Replicas i should say. :)

Thanks guy's. Im trying to hurry and finish all of the main components so I can show them off.
Thanks for the offer Destination, but rest assured that I have an ample supply of reference pics of both guns. In matter of fact, I don't even use that pic as a reference, it's there so I can show those who couldn't remember or didn't know what the gun looked like

Progress has been really slow on the CARB. Been working on eight projects at the same time (Busy building commonality parts) Suffice it to say, progress on the CARB is slow. Hopefully here in the next couple of weeks, I'll be able to get the CARB finished and then finish up the Pulse Rifle. If anyone is wondering, this was originally a commission, and this is why it took priority over the Pusle Rifle and the Shotty. Unfortunately for me, the guy who commisioned this backed out, and this is too far along to simply abandon. But that's Ok because I really liked the weapon to begin with.

Here are some pics of what I got done so far:

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Both components together.

Da+Guns+004.JPG

CARB Carbine

Da+Guns+005.JPG

20mm Munitions launcher

Da+Guns+008.JPG

And bullets. The bullets are about 98% done

Right now I'm working on the scope, muzzle brake and the foregrips for the CARB. I'll probably use elements from my DMR cast to make the flash hider and barrel for the CARB, since they are very similer.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my work, and as alway's feel free to comment.

Ok, this is going to sound a little weird, but I finally watched Avatar for the first time last week. I can't believe it took this long! It's now one of my favorite movies, if not THE favorite; what was I waiting for to watch it!

On that note, I wasn't that interested in this build when I first saw it, but I am now. :) Keep up the great work, looking forward to more progress and seeing this thing get finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back