My Nerf Recon MA5B mod (pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Crumb

Hey guys, Been wanting to post this on here for a while but i only just got around to becoming a member so here it is.

P1000482.jpg

So basically mine is very similair to all the other Recon/MA5B conversions however what i saw in all the other mod's was that everyone else was using the rifle butt from the recon with a few additions made to it, what i couldnt figure out was why nobody simply cut the butt's off the BuzzBee toy and attached it... so i did it.

P1000481.jpg

I dont have any working shots on the butt, but i do have a few of initial construction

SP_A0112.jpg

SP_A0111.jpg

So basically it's all held together with a quick setting two part epoxy, didnt need to bolt anything down. Used a hacksaw and Dremal for all the cutting and grinding, a two part milliput was used to fill alot of holes and gaps however i found a cheaper solution was to use hot glue! I could fill up massive spaces and long rifts quickly and paint over them with silver to simulate welding (rough - yes. expensive, time consuming and tedious, no!). To fill areas where i had cut plastic away or needed to add mass to it i used plasticard in layers, generally cut down to size and glued on, a thin plastic sheet i cut off a note-pad worked really well as psuedo plating (as seen in next pic)

P1000484.jpg

Painting was done with a black base coat of spray paint with silver, dark grey and light grey spray paint secondary coats. However i used alot of black india ink (tamiya and other painting inks will work too, even craft shop acrylic paint rubs on really well) for weathering and to even the tones, I also used black and silver tamiya paints to dry brush on to certain areas.

Overall i like the finished product, the light works but i have to pull the bottom assembly out and stick my finger through a plasticard hole to turn it on then re-attach it so i want to work on a switch. I also want to attach a LED light behind an acetate screen on the top-back of the gun for the ammo read out... but i need money for that.

If anyone needs more info on it please contact me, i can always draw accurate diagrams of what i did if you want to do the same thing.

My next project will be aquiring and painting a full ODST suit, if you make ODST helmet casts or armour casts please let me know because i am keen on building more MA5B's as payment!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to feedback!!!

Very impressive! It looks awesome, and nice and rough like a battered weapon.

I'll keep this in my mind, since my roommate has a Recon that has stopped working. We can probably fix it, but time will tell if he donates it for an AR mod. :)

I imagine you grinded away or simply glued/covered over the "NERF" and "Recon" words?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Great work.

Without Bondo too, so I'm very impressed. How well does it fire?

Well to be honest i'd never even heard of bondo until i came onto this forum so i'm gonna go get some and play around with it. And it fires amazingly well, the pipe i added gave it a little bit more accuracy and a little bit more range, if i did this project again i would remove the air restrictors from the gun as well, just to give it a bit more punch.

I imagine you grinded away or simply glued/covered over the "NERF" and "Recon" words?

Yeah i used a dremel to take them all off, surprisingly easy job, i ended up using a sheet of sand paper to even up the surfaces.

Yeah i used a dremel to take them all off, surprisingly easy job, i ended up using a sheet of sand paper to even up the surfaces.

Yup, if I were to do this, I would use my Dremel. By the way, my roommate and I took out the air restrictor on his Recon. It's not a phenomenal improvement, but it's definitely less pathetic shooting! Good luck if you try it.

Really good! I love seeing nerf mods, they're somewhat niftier than straight pep builds in my opinion, perhaps due to retained functionality.

Great work Lord Crumb! Love it!

I hope my build comes close to this great end result. How long did you work on yours for?

Cheers.

hi nice build, does anyone know where i can get the green gun you use to cut down for the extra pieces as i cant find these in australia? if anyone can help me out it would be great

Selling this gun.

Things at my house have become rather... heated. My parents are getting rather annoyed with me at the moment due to a few issues, the main one being i don't have a car. I'm planning on selling this gun on ebay soon, I will list it at a starting price of around $80 - $100.

Has anyone got any interest in this gun, its decent quality, alot of hours of work, fires beutifully and is made if a decent attention to detail.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS SALE AROUND THIS FORUM AND OTHER SITES!!!!

Thanks heaps guys.

Things at my house have become rather... heated. My parents are getting rather annoyed with me at the moment due to a few issues, the main one being i don't have a car. I'm planning on selling this gun on ebay soon, I will list it at a starting price of around $80 - $100.

Has anyone got any interest in this gun, its decent quality, alot of hours of work, fires beutifully and is made if a decent attention to detail.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS SALE AROUND THIS FORUM AND OTHER SITES!!!!

Thanks heaps guys.
I have interest. I haven't been able to find the buzz bee toy so this is the next best thing
Edit: Its only the next best thing because I wanted to make it myself. This gun is EPIC

i am very interested! hope you haven't sold it yet. but i will buy it. can't find it on ebay. i'll give you 90-100 dollars for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back