300: Leonidis Spartan Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hangmanzknot

This is my first pep.
Started it last night, finished the paper part today.

Need to research on how to do the fiberglass resin...errr whatever :p

P1020901.jpg

P1020903.jpg

thats a pretty nice helmet, clean pep.
if you need help with fiberglassing or rondoing, or smooth-on there are plenty of stickies exploding with information.
ill follow this thread

Good pep. My dad wants me to make him one but he wants it to be small. Did you have to scale it up to make it full size. I was just wondering if I had to scale it down or not

thats a pretty nice helmet, clean pep.
if you need help with fiberglassing or rondoing, or smooth-on there are plenty of stickies exploding with information.
ill follow this thread

i'm just trying to find a place here that carries the supplies i need. are there certain brands i should look for?
and thank you

i'm just trying to find a place here that carries the supplies i need. are there certain brands i should look for?
and thank you

well, walmart carrys it for 8-16 dollars, i dont exactly remember but that is cheap compared to alot of places, and the main brand alot of people use is called Bondo....not to be confused by what people on the forum call bondo what they are reffering to is (Bondo brand) autobody filler/detailer which people use to smooth out their resined peps but this is what stores you should go to and for what:

Harbor freight: disposable brushes for resining, box of 36 for $6 dollars, respirator for $15-20
Walmart: resin, body filler spray paint (its like 3 bucks for a can of krylon and like 1 dollar for a generic spraypaint
Autozone: resin, extra catalyst
Home depot/Lowes: gloves extra catalyst

hope this helps

Good pep. My dad wants me to make him one but he wants it to be small. Did you have to scale it up to make it full size. I was just wondering if I had to scale it down or not

i didn't scale it at all.. just printed it from the file and it fits me perfectly.

i'm so new to this.. need to also know how to scale these... trying to get an Army of Two that isn't small

well, walmart carrys it for 8-16 dollars, i dont exactly remember but that is cheap compared to alot of places, and the main brand alot of people use is called Bondo....not to be confused by what people on the forum call bondo what they are reffering to is (Bondo brand) autobody filler/detailer which people use to smooth out their resined peps but this is what stores you should go to and for what:

Harbor freight: disposable brushes for resining, box of 36 for $6 dollars, respirator for $15-20
Walmart: resin, body filler spray paint (its like 3 bucks for a can of krylon and like 1 dollar for a generic spraypaint
Autozone: resin, extra catalyst
Home depot/Lowes: gloves extra catalyst

hope this helps

sweet! thanks for the info.. i'll see about getting everything so i can continue with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back