Resin R2-D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I am actually working on 2, 1 resin and 1 full alluminum. I have all the parts for the resin one. It will have dome movement, sound, lights and possibly even RC action. It will be the swamp R2. The alluminum one will be clean and have a load of options. Here is a vid of the Resn R2 parts. My wife used her phone to shoot this vid for me.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck sir, a lot of the astromech builders warn people away from that kit due the the problems when casting, and assembly. Hopefully yours isn't warped, and casted badly. again good luck but I would have stuck with your original build

oh yes sir, my first build is still going, this is just a side project. The all alluminum is still being built. I am about halfway done with purchases for all alluminum so you can imagine the costs. This one will be a home display piece. I am a member of R2-D2 Builders I know the deal. This was not bought off of R2-D2 Builders though. Just letting that be known.

Ithica

R2D2 fan 4 evar here:) I can't wait to see this finished:D Will it be drivable?:)

The alluminum will be this one is still up in the air as far as what I am doing to it. Brad is working on a light kit for me and the dome will spin but am not sure if I want to RC it yet.

Ithica

When my brother was working on his R2, he sculpted a bunch of the R2 detail pieces, like ankle cylinders, coin slots, and various others pieces, and made his own molds and resin casts of them. To this day, he still uses his R2 ankle cylinders on a vareity of prop and costume projects.

I am a HUGE Starwars fan. Very eager to watch this build.

A VERY GOOD LUCK you to sir!

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back