Helghast mask build (WIP) (PIC Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper234

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am working on a helghast cosplay. First time ever using pepakura so I decided to go with something small.

Pep file printed and folded
IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Resin process
IMG_0934.jpg

Hose attachment test
IMG_0942.jpg

Primed with the headstraps sewed on
IMG_0952.jpg

Painted with goggles
IMG_0961.jpg

Wow, thats looking REALLY good. I wondered about it being low def and such, but looking at the end product... It looks great. If the rest of the costume is as good as this, you'll have one kick butt helghast on your hands. What are you planning on doing for the helmet?

a normal pagst helmet with insulation foam to bulk it up a bit. I just got the leds for the goggles I just need to get them to glow with the intensity I need them to glow.

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to bump this thread to get a feeling on what I should do when wiring the goggles. I have come up with 2 badly drawn diagrams, each one showing the different ways I could go about doing this.
Without the diffusing material

gogglediagram2.png

With the diffusing material

gogglediagram.png

Bumping for great justice!

Quick update on prgress. I still haven't wired the LEDS. On the other hand I have foamed the hemet and begun the bondo process. I just have to do a whole ton of sanding. I still want feedback on what I should do for the goggle LEDS.

Pictures when I finish sanding.

Looks really good so far. Can't wait to see it with the LEDS. I have wanted a helghast mask for a while so I'll be watching your build for inspiration.

Sorry for the wait on updates.

Finished the helmet:

Started as:
DSC_4241.jpg

And then a whole lot of insulation foam and bondo later:

Finished as:
DSC_4249.jpg

DSC_4248.jpg

should take some notes from the Iron man guys, they have found ways to see fine with the glowing eyes in their suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back