stormtrooper belt and left thigh utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
501st does not like pep and fiberglass armor anyway. Unless you were going to vac-form them it just be a huge wast of time.

Heres the legs
http://www.4shared.com/file/JS3xt5pq/Legs_-_Dungbeeltle_Stormtroope.html

why do people keep saying that?
501st DO NOT stipulate the medium you use to build your costume, the costume just has to meet the Accuracy requirements and CRL requirements.

Its not what you build it from or how you build it, it just has to be accurate, they do suggest getting one of the available kits, but they don't stop you building your own.
there are troopers in the legion with FG/ABS/HiPS suits

You have the Mando'a creed in you signature, so I assume you are familair with TDH and the Mando merc's, some of those guys have built their Mando/Fett kit based on pep and been approved.

I am presently working on the Sith Stalker armour (from pep) and have been told as long as its accuarate they will add it to my legion costumes.

why do people keep saying that?
501st DO NOT stipulate the medium you use to build your costume, the costume just has to meet the Accuracy requirements and CRL requirements.

Its not what you build it from or how you build it, it just has to be accurate, they do suggest getting one of the available kits, but they don't stop you building your own.
there are troopers in the legion with FG/ABS/HiPS suits

You have the Mando'a creed in you signature, so I assume you are familair with TDH and the Mando merc's, some of those guys have built their Mando/Fett kit based on pep and been approved.

I am presently working on the Sith Stalker armour (from pep) and have been told as long as its accuarate they will add it to my legion costumes.

Whoa dude, relax. Yes, i know people have been approved in to both the 501st and the Mercs with fiberglass armor. The Mecrs dont have a problem with it but last i checked the 501st did. It may have changed the last time i read it. There are over 2000 stormtroopers in the 501st now, i wouldn't doubt there were suits made from other things.

so just build them from scratch like cardboard or something

You could but cardboard is difficult to bend. If you do get it damp with water then bend it. Plastic works too, you can buy a cheap plastic storage tub and draw out the pattern and cut it out. I may have misspoke about pep though. That will do if you would rather do it.

Whoa dude, relax. Yes, i know people have been approved in to both the 501st and the Mercs with fiberglass armor. The Mecrs dont have a problem with it but last i checked the 501st did. It may have changed the last time i read it. There are over 2000 stormtroopers in the 501st now, i wouldn't doubt there were suits made from other things.

Wasnt Having a go mate, I hope you didnt read it as such.
the problem with text is it can often be read in the wrong tone.

I was just clarifying as it often gets posted on the 405th that the "501st dont like pep" not just by you, its been posted on numerous occasions by different members.

the 501st actually made a costume for my friend that had brain cancer as part of the make a wish foundation' but he's gone now

search star wars. I know I've seen allot of pep linked here on the 405 for that type of armor.

I think im gonna try to kinda work from a picture I got the basic dimensions im using cardboard with this and use a white cloth to wrap around it and some other stuff i got laying around but thanks for your guys help in this.

I can probably help you with measurements
Have about 3 kits in the garage, 2 FX and one TE (trooper expert)

I can take measurements for you and post them if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back