Higdog827's Masterchief Build (NOW COMPLETE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

higdog827

111009_001.jpg
<---FINISHED PRODUCT

COMLETED PICTURES BEGIN ON PAGE 17

Hey everyone! I've been on 405th for awhile, so I figured I might as well start a thread on my progress on my first build. I started this masterchief build about a month and a half ago, and Im about half way done pepping. So far ive pepped the Right hand, R forearm, R shoulder, R thiegh, R shin, R boot, and a knife. I have also completed the helmet, which I made by hollowing out the Halo 3 Legendary edition helmet and installing a tinted motorcycle visor. Heres what Ive done so far:
Photo0963.jpg

Photo0800.jpg

Photo0803.jpg

Photo096.jpg

Photo0858.jpg

Photo0965.jpg

(Yes, I know my neck looks really weird in this picture.)

Photo0967.jpg

If your wondering what the empty shotgun shells are for, im probably going to put them on the wrist, waist, or chest to add a little more kick to the costume.
Well, I hope you like it so far, ill have more to come soon. Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, using the Legendary helmet is cheating! haha jk Good looking build so far, though if I may, your handguards are MASSIVE. If I were you, I'd scale down those bad boys A LOT.

I see you have a similar idea with the shotshells as I! I will also be using empty hulls, mounted on a forearm most likely. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. :)

How do you like the visor? I just ordered the same exact one yesterday, and I'm eager to recieve it to install it.

Hey, using the Legendary helmet is cheating! haha jk Good looking build so far, though if I may, your handguards are MASSIVE. If I were you, I'd scale down those bad boys A LOT.

I see you have a similar idea with the shotshells as I! I will also be using empty hulls, mounted on a forearm most likely. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. :)

How do you like the visor? I just ordered the same exact one yesterday, and I'm eager to recieve it to install it.

Yeah, I figured those hands werent supposed to be that big... And as for the visor, Its BIG. I had to spend about and hour and a half cuting and measuring just so I could fit it inside the helmet!(of course, I was only using a crappy pair of sisscors, so...) once i could actually get it in the helmet it worked fine though, I just duct taped it down and epoxyed it in. Good luck on your build as well!

Umm i hate to be a downer here but everything looks WAY to big for you. Did you remember to scale everything to your body type? Pep is scaled to the Chief full scale, meaning over 7 feet. You are not.

You may also look into building your own helmet. The one you got is going to make your head look smaller then the rest of your body when fully suited up.

Umm i hate to be a downer here but everything looks WAY to big for you. Did you remember to scale everything to your body type? Pep is scaled to the Chief full scale, meaning over 7 feet. You are not.
I know it doesnt look like it, but the peices actulally fit alot better than it seems in the picture. It is a little big, but not nearly as bad as it looks. and as for scaling, I followed the scaling instructions on the halo armor wiki EXACTLY.

Thats not the most accurate method, but it works. there is to much room for error.

Your arm looks fine but your leg is big. everything is overlapping and going to rub together when you move around. Nothing should be touching when its all done. Thats just my two cents, if your happy with it, power to you. Other then that, its all looks really good.

You are certainly off to a great start! The lower body stuff might be just a tad too big, considering the correct scaling can't always be correct because of different body sizes of people, as you are on the skinnier side. I have a problem with that, myself. Nothin' a nice layer of padding can't fix there.
I'm not gonna nag you on it because it's YOUR suit, and I tend to favor originality rather than a replica, so I shall take your word on it when you say they are the correct size. Very nice job, my friend. I wish you luck!

Yeah, i thought the hand plate was a tad large myself. The rest looks alright i guess. Kinda like if the Chief were more space marine like.
But hope this goes all good for you =D

Well, I appreciate the advice. Im probably going to eventuall redo the thiegh, and definatly the hand plate. Im actually going to start pepping the hand today, and since its a very easy pep, I should be done with it quite soon. Then Ill post it up here and see what you guys think, hopefully I scalled thia one right...

Well since everyone is on the subject of the helmet, Ive been wondering, do you think i should install a small flashlight on the side? Because I have seen a lot of other people do this and it seems like a good idea. also the visor really makes it hard to see in the dark, so a flashlight would probably be necessary for me to use the helmet at night anyway.

You mean the built in LED's that people install on the side protrusions? It's really up to you and whether it's possible with the modded Legendary helmet. Usually, people can do it because the Pepakura + fiberglass/Rondo helmets are relatively thin and there's plenty of room. If you can fit some in there, why not? :)

You mean the built in LED's that people install on the side protrusions? It's really up to you and whether it's possible with the modded Legendary helmet. Usually, people can do it because the Pepakura + fiberglass/Rondo helmets are relatively thin and there's plenty of room. If you can fit some in there, why not? :)
Im pretty good with electronics, so I could probably set up something with LEDs pretty easily, but sadly im saving up to to buy the fiberglass so I cant afford to buy any. The reason I said flashlight is because I have this little skinny flashlight that would probably work good, I just need to figure out how to install it.

Ok, first off, sorry for the double post, because apparently double posting is FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT!!!
E-Trade-Baby.jpg

XD ok sorry, I had to go all Etrade baby right there. Anyway, I just finished pepping my left hand, and hopefully I actually scaled it right this time! Have a look:
Photo0968.jpg

Please tell me this looks right, because honestly, I have no idea what size the hand is supposed to be. Thanks!

Still looks whopping gargantuan. I think they're supposed barely cover your knuckles, let alone flange over the sides. I'd say take a few cm off all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back