Sk8AlmostBay's Reach EOD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th! I have been working on a Reach EOD Helmet lately and Decided to start a little thread of my progress. As of now i have pepped, resined, and rondoed the helmet. I started on smoothing the edges on the top already to take away the pepakura look. I didn't get any pictures of the pep before or during resin, but nobody wants to see that boring stuff anyways:p...

Here's my Progress as of 3/21/11
DSCN0827.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

I have the right top sanded as well. I used a Black and Decker Mouse for sanding. It is awesome. I will post some new pictures probably tomorrow or later today. If this helmet ends up looking good, i will do a full set of armor. I will do MkVI armor because it is cooler than MkV to me:)

Edit: This is my player on reach. I want the finished product to look something like this but with MkVI armor.
Vanity_634364156171562500.png

Looking really nice so far. The edges are very defined and perfectly straight, I'll definitely be following this thread.

Ok I sanded the other side of the top. That small bump thing is almost a hole. I have to put another layer of rondo inside for more Smoothing and less holes.

My Progress as of 3/22/11
DSCN0834.jpg

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0831.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

I want to shout out to BenStreeper for teaching me what rondo is:) and that is my mouse sander. his name is Mickey lol

I'm actually out of bondo right now. As soon as i get some i will rondo again and then bondo/sand the top of the helmet where i've already smoothed out the angles. Any comments or suggestions would be appriciated:) and If i screw up in any way, PLEASE tell me.

Edit: did i mention i pepped this piece with Fabri-tac? Check out my thread about it: "Pepping with Fabri-Tac."
Fabri-tac = EPC WN

Keep up the good work! I used fiberglass strips and resin inside my helmet.... not a fun task. After that, I vowed to never use those again. EVVVIIIIIILLL. Rondo is the way to go :D
So keeeeeeep goooooooooiiiiingggggg! I want to see more!

Keep up the good work! I used fiberglass strips and resin inside my helmet.... not a fun task. After that, I vowed to never use those again. EVVVIIIIIILLL. Rondo is the way to go :D
So keeeeeeep goooooooooiiiiingggggg! I want to see more!

Thanks. i Fiberglassed the inside of my first helmet too. I like rondo so that i can snad into the helmetand detail it. But as of now i am out of bondo:( I have to wait till friday to get some more. But untill then I cannot work on my helmet. I will probably take some pictures of my handplate and bicep and post it tomorrow (i did make a forarm but i scalled it a bit too big).

Just found out wi will be getting some bondo tomorrow! Praise Jesus! Just wanted to let you guys know, so expect an update with a good amount of pictures tomorrow!

i took a simpler route, made my helm, resined once, sprayed with a sh!tty pant job, and it now sits on my dresser :p

Nice job My man! The helmet looks really good so far. Also, I vowed never to use fiberglass at one point. Then I dropped a helmet and it cracked down the middle. Now I use a first layer of rondo, then a layer of fiberglass, and finally another layer of rondo. It's solid after that. But like you, I learned from Benstreeper too. I love his tuts, they were a godsend for people like me. Anywas, great work & keep it up!

If you just use rondo and give it a good drop most likely it will crack, I would mudglass in some fiberglass cloth to help it from cracking, The one time you don't think you will drop it , thats when it will happen better to be safe then sorry, but great job so far, it be nice to see a Reach EOD finished for once

I actually didn't get any bonod today, so no helmet update:( But I have some other pictures...

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0837.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0840.jpg

That black thing is one of those things you put in the bottom of your sink, so that your dishes do not slip around inside. I will be cutting it into strips and attatching armor with it, such as my bicep in two pieces up there. I DEFINITELY will be getting bondo tomorrow, and early in the morning too, so I should get alot done:D AbbyWan Kenobi, there you go, as you asked;D

@Hyperballistik

Do you think if i mudglass it when i am finished it will withstand a drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back