phillydon21's Mk VI armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydon21

Ive been a member here for long time now and have worked on this suit on and off for over a year now do to workin on other costumes and i can say im almost done . Only thing left now is to finish the chest piece .. then i can move on to starting my son's ODST ughhhh :p .
Enjoy the pics i will be putting up as much as i can i put alot of work and detail into this so far .. :cool

053.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

0023.jpg

0033.jpg

023.jpg

0463.jpg

IMG_20110221_185805-1.jpg

0503.jpg

0454.jpg

Very nice work. I especially like how you weather your pieces and the LED lights. Wished I had the time to do the same with my kids' costumes.

OH OH!!!!

This is going to look EPIC!

I like the color choices and the LED's!
Hmmmm your build and LED placement's look kinda familiar. I have a feeling that I had a hand in the inspiration on this one. Yes?

Fantastic work so far. Please keep it up. I'm flattered at what i am seeing and cant wait to see this one done.

Email subscribed to this one... DONE.

Keep it up!

OH OH!!!!

This is going to look EPIC!

I like the color choices and the LED's!
Hmmmm your build and LED placement's look kinda familiar. I have a feeling that I had a hand in the inspiration on this one. Yes?

Fantastic work so far. Please keep it up. I'm flattered at what i am seeing and cant wait to see this one done.

Email subscribed to this one... DONE.

Keep it up!

yes sir i did take tips from your led placement i thought your setup was phenominal !

here is some more work i have done to my helmet , i choose to sculpt my details with stuff i have used for other projects called fix-it sculpt it does wonders

IMG_20110226_024119.jpg

IMG_20110226_024045.jpg

and finished before double visor effect ..

IMG_20110227_190351-1.jpg

IMG_20110227_190407.jpg

and after ..

IMG_20110301_163158-1.jpg

IMG_20110301_163212-1.jpg

Absolutly fantastic! Everything appears to be UBER.
I can tell that you have been spending quite a lot of hours on this.
I also have a feeling that once finished, your suit will rival mine.
FYI: I believe that your's is the 2nd Chief that has its LEDs styled after mine. Another member made one with RED LED's and black armor. KUDO'S

I'm VERY impressed and flattered. I don't impress easily. (5 Star vote added!)

Very good cheers to you and your project!

did i spend time on this cant describe it lol like i said i have been workin on this well over a year now but slow is better then rushed i think , yea i did see that member with that suit his turned out pretty nice

048-1.jpg

060.jpg

Although I just officially signed up, I had been surfing as a visitor for a little while. Longshot and many others have done some exceptional work. This too is on my fav. list. I'm really wanting to start a build as well, but seeing all these great ones just makes me more nervous, lol. Props to you sir! I'm spending the next week or so just going through all the stickies and search options. Looking forward to seeing this thing finished! Thanks for posting your progress.

btw
the fix it sculpt it you referenced, is this what you were referring to:
http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

So you used this all around instead of any bondo/rondo(sorry, still learning about those).

OMG! Who are you? Awesome job my man.This is looking sick! I agree with CoolC the weathering is very good. keep it up!

Although I just officially signed up, I had been surfing as a visitor for a little while. Longshot and many others have done some exceptional work. This too is on my fav. list. I'm really wanting to start a build as well, but seeing all these great ones just makes me more nervous, lol. Props to you sir! I'm spending the next week or so just going through all the stickies and search options. Looking forward to seeing this thing finished! Thanks for posting your progress.

btw
the fix it sculpt it you referenced, is this what you were referring to:
http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

So you used this all around instead of any bondo/rondo(sorry, still learning about those).

yea thats the stuff .. but no i still did the majority of the work with bondo i just used that to do some little details

Now that I see it all on you.

Your Undersuit/Strapping and Scaling are definitly spot on! Not 100% sure about the shoulders, I would need to see ya wearing the torso to be 100% sure. --But-- I am betting that they are perfect.
Excellent Bondo and Sanding! All the round areas are indeed round. ie. Can't see the polygons.
Fanstastic paint job! I love your choice of chief's colors.

Please keep going... I'm getting excited with how well your armor is looking!

Super Cheers!

Wow. That looks seriously good. I mean it. Your bondo work is superb. You are at a level rarely seen here. Chapeau sir!

This is one of the best MKVI's that I have seen on here on here, your attention to detail is spot on, please finish this your almost there. Excellent job so far, Wish I had your skills.

thanks everyone for the support .. i had to re-pep the chest becuase i wasnt happy with my first one so thats where i stand now on this i just hope i dont get hung up on it because im still not sure how im going to do my setup once i split the pieces , my plan is for magnets but i guess it will have to be a trial and error thing

I have some tips for ya when you get to the magnets stage, as that is what i did for my chest piece. I used Harddrive magnets and modified parachute clips. Worked out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back