William-B312 Noble Six Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double post. Here is the helmet with one coat of primer. I am supposed to get my face shield in the mail today so hopefully I can get that mounted tonight.

IMG_20110415_135614.jpg

Triple Post ftw. I've got the face shield mounted and have started the bondo. I installed it using the visor tutorial in the creation discussion section. It was really helpful. I also filled on most of the gap between the helmet and shield with plumbers putty, then smoothed it out with bondo spot filler. I will probably do one more pass with the bondo before I primer it again. I just got my compressor for the air gun in the mail, so I hope to start painting next week. I will do two coats of a metallic silver, two coats of iradescent purple and the accent pieces with silver.

IMG_20110416_100406.jpg

IMG_20110416_185138.jpg

IMG_20110416_225732.jpg

Here's another update. I have the visor mounted, three coats of automotive primer, two coats of metallic silver and just finished the second coat of purple. I will be doing the accent pieces in a dark silver in the next few days. I will also do some battle damage before I apply the clearcoat. I have all of the foam for the inside padding but I haven't mounted it yet. I am also thinking about putting in a couple of fans. I need to read up a little at some of the other builds that use fans first though. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20110416_100406.jpg

IMG_20110416_185138.jpg

IMG_20110416_225732.jpg

primerwvisor.jpg

helmetprimer.jpg

helmetpainted.jpg

Edit: I just finished some of the details on the helmet. Grey accents and also scored the visor. I still need to clearcoat the helmet and add fans. The helmet looks a tad big on me but it fits great. I think I will be doing foam armor soon. I think the size will look perfect while I am suited up.

IMG_20110419_154617.jpg

That helmet looks great so far. As for sizing, once you have all the other armor done, it should look fine. It doesn't look too big as it is right now, so good job on that. Can't wait to see more progress.

Nice job on the helmet man. I looks really great. Good luck with the armor.

Great job on the helmet man! Hope you got some kind of mask or something cause thats things gonna itch like crazy if you dont

Great job on the helmet man! Hope you got some kind of mask or something cause thats things gonna itch like crazy if you dont

Mask? I did put some padding on the inside but I also only did rondo on the inside. No fiberglass.

Ye like a ski mask or something. i didn't when i made mine, and it itched so bad! neoprene masks work good

Once more, great job. Good thinking with the fans. If you go to youtube, type in Massa420, and look at my Optimus helmet, its not all fiberglass like these, but i've got i think 2 fans in it. maybe 1, i cant remember. if you want, check the potato launcher

Ye like a ski mask or something. i didn't when i made mine, and it itched so bad! neoprene masks work good

Here is a picture of the padding I have inside. I tried to mock it up with the black foam used to make armor. It wasn't very comfortable, so I just used the puffy white foam. It's kind of unsightly but it was the felt the best.

padding.jpg

Looks great. Comfort is what matters most with that stuff since no one will see it anyways. Is it snug on your head or does it wobble around a little?

It fits snug. I also made sure that my ears are not fully covered. I have a motorcycle helmet that covers my ears and it makes it very hot inside the bucket.

Very nice. is it like memory foam or something? also, if you want like sweat and stuff to be absorbed, cut up an old like flannel shirt and tie it onto each piece of foam. or if all else fails, just stick a fan in there lol. Oh and if your looking for like an undersuit type material, if u have a like michaels or Joanne Fabrics, its a black vinyl, i think it's called like pleather or something, or just black vinyl. it's like 4.99 per yard and its like 4 feet (wide?) and so really you get like 12 sq ft for like 5 bucks.

It's just a standard cushion foam from hobby lobby. It was only like $2. I am currently working with foam armor. I like the definition and structure you get from pep, but I thought I would make up a foam set first and see if I like it. Besides I already have a forarm and chest done with the foam. I made the mistake of starting with the chestpiece instead of an easier part, so it's a little rough. I might redo it later. As for an undersuit I might just go with a padded motorcross uni.

What a difference. Your first and second Helmet have astounding differences! I myself am still to afraid to "take the plunge" and try pepping my own hemet. Good job though!

Thanks. I thought about taking those first pictures down. They are a little embarrassing but they show a huge improvement from the first attempt to the second. I am pepping the noble six chest now and it is going really easy after doing that helmet.

I redid the paint job. Our spring football game is tomorrow. I am going to put a clearcoat on it tomorrow morning and hopefully get a fan installed to help with the fogging before the game.

IMG_20110429_201636.jpg

IMG_20110429_202246.jpg

IMG_20110429_202238.jpg

IMG_20110429_202225.jpg

Nice. Those decals really came out nice. You'll have to post some pics of you at the game and tell us what kind of looks people give you. :D

Well I decided to try a latex mold of the helmet. I've still got a few more layers to do. I post pictures of the helmet after the mold comes off. I blackwashed it and the silver looks a lot better.

IMG_20110617_201012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back