Reach armor + recon helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewTheWookie

So I started a project last year, but had to put it on the back burner for a while. I had a pepped and rondo'd helmet, and a pepped chest piece somewhere, but the gremlins have since hidden them from me, so I've decided to start from scratch.

As of today, I've got L3X's V2 torso fully pepped, and I'll start on the helmet tomorrow. This quarter I'll have plenty of time to work on this, so hopefully I'll actually be able to finish it.

I'm 6'5", and it fits without resizing. I would have taken pictures then, but forgot before I put the braces in.

IMG_0126_2.jpg

Rather than do the front details in pep, I decided to block it out with foam

IMG_0129-1.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Great work so far. If you want to strengthen the chest with resin and bondo, the foam will not work. Resin will melt the foam.

I was finally able to get enough time to finish the helmet. It's Belakor's recon helmet with smoothing and new unfold done by Macattack64. The original scale had it at 29 cm long, but I upped it to 33 cm.

I'm still deciding on whether I'm going to pep out the full suit and then start the next steps, or resin and glass them as I go. Decisions, decisions.

IMG_0127_2_2.jpg

IMG_0128_2.jpg

Thanks!

You did an awesome job with the helmet, but SO MANY FLAPS. :p

There are so many flaps but you'll be happy in the long run. The bondo stage is sooooo much easier. You can take my word for it, because I have done a recon from that file too.

~ Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back