PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongShot X

Pax Prime 2011 - Website and info: http://prime.paxsite.com/index.php
FYI: All passes are now sold out.

Who's Going:
Longshot-X (MK VI) (Arriving Thursday)
Devious (Halo Ce master Chief) + 4 more (possibly a reach trooper) (all arriving on Thursday)
Savagegiggles (if they ask her to come back as KAT) I really hope that they let you! :D
Spartan-847-David (Spartan) (showing up Early Friday morning a little after 7:00am)
Smiggly (ODST) + 3-5 marines
ROK Gmoney (possibly in armor)
DaSlaker (Church)
Hyokenseisou (In armor and as Corana)
Tsau-mia
Adam (our 405th forum owner/admin) (In armor, I'm sure)
Walter "Spase" (our 405th uber admin) (Going as himself)
Shadokat
Achille (Big Daddy armor)
Lawacr (Uber modified Rubies Armor with lights!) I need to redo mine like yours too!
Gmflex
M-701 (Jorge Armor)
Sean Bradly (bringing lots O stuff)
akdickinson
Hale (Blue Scout Armor) (quarters at the Westin hotel)
xretrogradex
MW Immortalking
Sepheus 13
Fearless Son
More to be added as we continue to here from other forum members.
If your going and your not on this list, and want to be on it. Let me know and I'll add you. So far it looks like were going to have a very nice size group.

Hotel that were staying at: Crowne Plaza Seattle

Hotel phone# 206-464-1980
We are calling this the 405th "HQ" Most of us will be arriving on the Thursday. We can then meet and greet. Check out each others gear. Take a few photo/video shoots. Eat and have FUN.
The Hotel is fully booked.
If your attending and already have accomodations, feel free to post where you are staying and if you have room for sharing. I'm sure we can fill those extra spots if needed.

Room assignments: I have 2 rooms booked under the group named "405th". Each room can accomodate 4 persons. Meaning there are 8 sleeping spots. I have the rooms booked for the following days: Thursday (early check in), Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (with late checkout) Room assignments can be swiched around as we want. It works out to $57.00 per nite (after taxes). Both rooms are at full capacity. (max 4 as per the Hotel)
  • Room 1: LongShot-X, Spartan-847-David, Adam, Walter "Spase"
  • Room 2: Ming, Armin, Shervin, Devious

Events and or destinations that we as the 405th would like to go to "as a group":

PDF of the schedule is here

These are just ideas that we may want to consider. :)

HALO FEST

WHERE:
PAX Prime Seattle, WA Washington State Convention Center Annex 3rd Floor WHEN: DayTime Friday, August 2610am-6pm Saturday, August 2710am-6pm Sunday, August 2810am-6pm TICKETS: Admission included with PAX Prime Badge purchase WHAT: Check www.halowaypoint.com soon for details

If you call yourself a Halo fan, this is the year to attend PAX Prime! With a PAX Prime badge, fans gain admission to Halo Fest, the largest and most expansive live Halo experience ever. Packed with tournaments, exclusive panels, and sweet prizes, Halo Fest is the place to be for Halo fans attending PAX Prime 2011.

This event commemorates ten incredible years of Halo, looking back at the amazing stories that forged a diverse community and redefined gaming for two entire console generations. Join us August 26th-28th, at the Washington State Convention Center, and see why the last ten years of Halo were just the beginning.

All content is subject to change, all promotional items are limited to while supplies last.

Here is the full link: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog...ormation/49437

Photo Shoot:
Tentative photo shoot with Hyokenseisou.
Time: Thursday (hopefully)
Place: TBA (I believe DaSlacker can show us the place that was used last time)
Who: Myself and possibly 1 or 2 more Spartans.

Halofest Friday Fan Photo's and Interaction:
Friday Evening (the entire friday evening) I have offered my time to the Halofest Staff for an opportunity to interact with the Halo fans and to have pics taken with them. If you would like to participate in this, let me know and I'll commit you to this fun side event (should the halofest staff approve it.) Think of it as a great way to show off your costume and have it apprieciated by all of the Halo fans. The only requirement is that you must have a Pax Prime Pass (friday or weekend) and show up wearing your costume.
Who's participating (pending approval)?
Longshot-X
Hyokenseisou
ROK Gmoney
DaSlaker
Spartan-847-David
akdickinson
Fearless Son

With the recent anouncement on Halo Waypoint's The Halo Bulletin: 8/10/11
Halofest Friday Fan Photo's and Interaction: Has just become more clear.

The night goes into morning

Another place the cool kids will be hanging out is the Halo Fest VIP Party. Taking place Friday night from 8pm-11pm, those with an invite will get to party like it’s 1999. Or 2011. Or 2552. Take your pick. Included in the festivities will be music, contests, film shorts, trivia, prizes, and other things that are awesome and fun in nature. Manning the music side of things will be someone I know as Maggie, but you may recognize as DJ Zealot. A Senior Technical Artist at 343 Industries, this lighting and shading Drop Pod Lead will spend that particular evening doubling as a disc jockey. Having had the only electronica radio show in the Boston market for almost four years, that experience, along with dj-ing live sets at Ryles, tunnel raves at MIT, and clubs in Boston and San Francisco, make her the perfect maestro for the evening.

At this point, you may find yourself wondering how exactly to secure an invite to, what will undoubtedly be, a rockin’ good time. We’ll be handing them out in a variety of ways, one of them being to people wearing Halo-themed cosplay.
Meet up Location:
This is the place where we all meet up before we go to the event.
Suggestions are welcome! I'm thinking that the Crowne lobby would be a good starting place.

Communications:
I'll be bringing my cell phone and will give out my # to those who show up.
Someone had suggested walkie talkies. Great idea! Will have to consider this too.

405th Broadcast Team: Those that have access to internet (via computer) and want to help share pics, videos, blogs, etc... for our 405th friends during the weekend event.
Longshot-X
Devious
Spartan-847-David

I'll update the this post as needed.

Cheers!

Kevin Hickman

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually about to post a topic on this yesterday, but thought it was a bit early.

Me and 2 friends are planning are taking the train from Vancouver down to Seattle on the thursday and staying till the monday. I'm planning on having a suit of some form for then, I'm just not sure what.

Seeing as Microsoft announced that they will be doing some special stuff for halo's 10th anniversary, I must go, and I MUST have a suit. I've been planning to go to a con and this is my chance!

We could meet up for the train and go down there as the BC 405th contingent. I know Liamthedevastator, is from here too, so he may well want to come with us.

I already looked up the amtrak (train) costs, and its pretty good. For 3 people trip there its only 108 US (stronger CAD dollar FTW). These should be reserved soon because it may well be in demand.

I'll ask my friends about sharing a room(s), this sounds like a good economical way to go.

PM me so we can plan things better. Have you gone to PAX before? do you know how fast things ell out?

I was actually about to post a topic on this yesterday, but thought it was a bit early.

Me and 2 friends are planning are taking the train from Vancouver down to Seattle on the thursday and staying till the monday. I'm planning on having a suit of some form for then, I'm just not sure what.

Seeing as Microsoft announced that they will be doing some special stuff for halo's 10th anniversary, I must go, and I MUST have a suit. I've been planning to go to a con and this is my chance!

We could meet up for the train and go down there as the BC 405th contingent. I know Liamthedevastator, is from here too, so he may well want to come with us.

I already looked up the amtrak (train) costs, and its pretty good. For 3 people trip there its only 108 US (stronger CAD dollar FTW). These should be reserved soon because it may well be in demand.

I'll ask my friends about sharing a room(s), this sounds like a good economical way to go.

PM me so we can plan things better. Have you gone to PAX before? do you know how fast things ell out?

Sweet! Ok I have sent ya a PM.

As for your suit... I agree! You should have something for this. If you need help/advise let me know as I'm willing to help you.

As for going to PAX... No this will be my 1st time. My advise would be to book the room(s) asap and then get the Event passes asap.

We will need to collaborate on which hotel we all want to stay in. I think that there are 5 of them.

Cheers!

Update:
I just purchased the weekend pass. Early purchases are $60.00 (US)

This hotel seems to be the best one with the best price and distance to the event: Avg nightly price is $165 and has wifi.
Paramount Hotel 724 Pine Street
(1.0 blocks to Event Location)

Last edited by a moderator:
I replied to your PM before I saw this post, so some of my questions In the PM are answered :)
Paramount looks good.

I'm also totally putting the Canadian Flag on my suit, we need to represent!

Another thing to consider is weapons, whatever we bring has to make it through customs and back. I am thinking of making a few "CTF" flags these we can carry and not worry about scaring anybody, or customs. Also they would be a great thing to get bungie or 343 people to sign.

Canadian Flag! Great idea! I'll have to put some of those onto the Chief!
As for weapons... I'm considering bringing my LightSaber. It looks like it will not conflict with any of their policies. "Does not look like a weapon and has no sharp edges etc..."
As for bungie and 343 people... I'm going to get them to sign the Chief either in black or silver felt pen. LOL

:)

I live here in the US and right know im making plans to go to PAX.Im probly going to go as a reach custom spartan.As for the weapons is bringing a AR or Magnum against PAX rules or custom rules,because if its custom rules I could bring a few extra ARs for you guys (spartans always got to be armed XD).Anyway if any body wants to share a room and split the price thats cool (165$ is alot lol).

I live here in the US and right know im making plans to go to PAX.Im probly going to go as a reach custom spartan.As for the weapons is bringing a AR or Magnum against PAX rules or custom rules,because if its custom rules I could bring a few extra ARs for you guys (spartans always got to be armed XD).Anyway if any body wants to share a room and split the price thats cool (165$ is alot lol).

I feel that the AR could be easily mistaken for a real weapon... which would mean that it could cause problems with security. However... It's up to you. I'd say bring it... at least we could use them in the hotel and possibly outdoors for some nice photo shoots.

Here is a snip from their FAQ's:

Can I bring my nerf gun/lightsaber/airsoftgun/other weird thing?
Don't bring anything that would annoy another attendee or set us up for a crazy lawsuit. PAX is not an event run by some giant corporate entity; it's a big party we throw for the gaming community in general and PA readers in particular. Have fun, but be cool. As a rule of thumb, nothing with projectiles (loaded or not, including airsoft), and nothing that could be mistaken for real weapons.

I underlined the important bit.

UPDATE: It looks like most of us have already purchased our weekend passes. It also looks like were leaning towards the Crowne hotel for our place of rest. However, I'm still waiting to hear from a few others before making a decision. Quad Occupancy is $196.00 per night. We will all split the cost of this.

Attendee list: So far it sounds like 4 from BC and 1 (or 2) from the states are attending. We will have to figure out room assignments since it looks like 2 rooms will need to be booked. FYI: I'm only willing to book one room on my CC'd so someone else will have to volunteer with the other room. If possible I'd like to be able to keep the rooms as close together. :p
I'll post a complete attendee list with names and emails so that we can all stay in contact with each other. If that's ok with everyone?

Idea: Once we have booked our hotel... we could call it the 405th HQ. :p

Transportation: It looks like I will be driving down due to the volume of gear that I'll be bringing. I believe it is $32.00 per night for valet parking. My "Bill". LOL.. oh the things we do to get from point A to point B. Hmmm I'll need to find my valet key!

I'm getting excited! Spending the whole weekend in full armor is just too cool!

Cheers.

So me and my 2 friends have our tickets bought. We suckered in and bought the shipping too so we don't have to stand in line forever.
Well still be taking the train down, and it looks like I'll probably be the only one from my group with a suit of some kind, so if I have to spread the parts between bags I can.

As for weapons, I noticed that in the 2010 PAX 405th contingent photos, there were members with quite realistic looking halo weapons. We need to find out from someone who went last year what the policy was. If one of the US members has a weapon I could borrow I would be quite obliged.

I think we'll be seeing more form the US as it gets closer to PAX. In the pictures there were at least 6 suits at the 2010 one.

I also need suit ideas. Im thinking of doing a halo 1 MK V as its classic. Ill be going the foam route with a solid helm. If I don't have time for that I'll have to do a reach trooper. suggestions are welcome.

So me and my 2 friends have our tickets bought. We suckered in and bought the shipping too so we don't have to stand in line forever.
Well still be taking the train down, and it looks like I'll probably be the only one from my group with a suit of some kind, so if I have to spread the parts between bags I can.

As for weapons, I noticed that in the 2010 PAX 405th contingent photos, there were members with quite realistic looking halo weapons. We need to find out from someone who went last year what the policy was. If one of the US members has a weapon I could borrow I would be quite obliged.

I think we'll be seeing more form the US as it gets closer to PAX. In the pictures there were at least 6 suits at the 2010 one.

I also need suit ideas. Im thinking of doing a halo 1 MK V as its classic. Ill be going the foam route with a solid helm. If I don't have time for that I'll have to do a reach trooper. suggestions are welcome.

LOL I did the same for having my pass shipped to me. LOL

Great idea for finding out about the weapons idea and if we can... Were those photo's at PAX or outside PAX? I'm hoping to have my sniper rifle shipped to me by then and I'm hoping to have my gravity hammer done too.

Suit ideas: The MK V is easier compared to the MK VI and your right... It's a clasic and would be a HUGE hit for the 10th anniversary of halo.

Hmmm I need to add something to my signature too...

Also, if nessesary, I should have room in my vehicle for your props, if ya don't have room on the train.

I'll be showing up with 3-5 of my friends. I'll be wearing my ODST armor and my friends are all building Reach Marine armor. We're driving up from Oregon and will be staying with another friend we have who lives there in Seattle. Hope to see you guys there!

I'll be showing up with 3-5 of my friends. I'll be wearing my ODST armor and my friends are all building Reach Marine armor. We're driving up from Oregon and will be staying with another friend we have who lives there in Seattle. Hope to see you guys there!

Great to hear from you Smiggly! Welcome to the PAX Prime 2011 group.

We'll have to figure out a place for all of us to meet up at.
I'll figure that out as we get closer to the event.

Hmmm... Looks like I'll need to make and post a list of all the 405th attendee's.
That way we can all see how many 405th'rs are going.

This is going to be FANTASTIC!

So my group is getting bigger by the second. Looks like there will possibly be 5 of us coming by train, still waiting final confirmation from 2 of them. As for rooms, 3 will share 1 room, while me and the other guy will share with longshot (if that's ok with you ;) ). So far I'm the only one in my group committed to wearing a costume, two others are on the fence, and the rest aren't hard core halo fans like me.

Longshot, when do you want to book the room? I don't want to make you wait too long.

As for my suit itself, I want to do foam, but having the pep program is even more necessary for that method. At least with normal pep you had a basic idea of where to put stuff. Sucks I can't run it. If anyone has any possible solutions, I'd be happy to hear them.

So my group is getting bigger by the second. Looks like there will possibly be 5 of us coming by train, still waiting final confirmation from 2 of them. As for rooms, 3 will share 1 room, while me and the other guy will share with longshot (if that's ok with you ;) ). So far I'm the only one in my group committed to wearing a costume, two others are on the fence, and the rest aren't hard core halo fans like me.

Longshot, when do you want to book the room? I don't want to make you wait too long.

As for my suit itself, I want to do foam, but having the pep program is even more necessary for that method. At least with normal pep you had a basic idea of where to put stuff. Sucks I can't run it. If anyone has any possible solutions, I'd be happy to hear them.

I have no problems with sharing a room with anyone. LOL... It helps to keep the costs down.
So... that means that there are 3 in my room (including myself) and 3 in another room.
I believe that Spartan-847-David is looking to share a room. If that's ok I'll invite him to our room?

I'm going to book our room before the end of the week regardless of how the room assignments go. Let me know if your friends need help with booking a room... I might book more than one room for discount purposes.

As for your pep program... do you have the pepakura viewer or the pepakura designer?

That's fine if David share with us. I told the other guy who was going to share with me that Thursday was the latest for his decision. If you were to book several rooms that would keep us all together, I do however think my friends can book a room for themselves.
What if were to book as a group? There is that option on the booking site, it might be something worth looking at.

So far the total 405th related attendees is looking like 10-15 with at least 2 full Spartans, an ODST and several marines. This is looking EPIC so far!

I can't run pep cause I have a mac, I forgot to post that earlier. I can build armor, I just need to have a plan. I have been thinking of hand drafting my own templates for the MK V, anyone know anything about that?

I'll have a look at the group bookings tonight and get back to you on that.

2 Full Spartans! Cool! Can't wait to meet up with the other Spartan. Yea, this is going to be seriously EPIC!

As for hand drafting your own templates... I'll be honest... I have no experience with doing that. However, I do have the ability to print off the templates of a Mark V. I could see about converting them to a .PDF and then email them to you... The hard part is going to be with the scaling (sizing) We'll have to figure out your sizing etc...

Cheers!

If I get my suit done ill be the other SPARTAN, but I'll be surprised if at least one more doesn't show up.

If you could PDF them that'd be great. I can take measurements, I just have to know which ones you need. The upside with the foam method is that you can print just one file and flip the template for the other piece. Thanks a ton for your patience and help.

Doh... forgot about that! lol... my bad.

I'll need your height in inches. I've got the MK V pep files, which looks very easy. I'll just adjust the scaling to your height and print them to a pdf file. You can then take those .pdf's and print them out to be used as your templates.

hmmm something tell me were getting off topic in this thread. lol. I'll email you more details....

:)

OK thanks.

Is it just as easy as putting in the height? Halo goddess put out a guide out on how to measure body parts for scaling, and she measures all parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back