Reach UNSC Trooper Kneepads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD2253

For my Reach UNSC Trooper costume, I sculpted a kneepad out of styrofoam and made a mold of it. Then I made a slush cast of it using polymer casting resin. Thought I'd share it with you guys.

From left to right...kneepad master, silicone mold and my first slush cast of it.
DSC01543.jpg

Close up of master made from styrofoam.
DSC01545.jpg

Slush cast.
DSC01546.jpg

Just a small update:

I received my shipment of stamped rubber material, which is what I intended to cast my Reach UNSC Trooper kneepads with.

My first cast of the rubber material. I now know that I need to use more to help it be more rigid than floppy the way it is in the pic. Also, need to brush it into the crevices to get rid of bubbles. My intent is to attach this on top of tactical kneepads for a more game accurate look.
DSC01552.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

Man, those casts look really nice! I can see why you'd want to go with foam casts, since plastic casts tend to hurt your knees when kneeling. :Rolleyes:

Sorry for the double post but here is a little update on the Reach UNSC/ODST Trooper kneepads. I was able to find a somewhat similar set of kneepads from the game/figure and attach the casted rubber kneepads to them.
DSC01562.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

I understand this is a necro post, but I was wondering if you would be doing a small run of these if enough people were interested. I'm not only asking for myself, but others as well. They look really good! :)

I too understand that this is a necro post , but where can I get my hands on some of the casting rubber (blackish rubber on the kneepads)

I got them from Aeromarine Products which is a local company here in San Diego. It is actually called concrete molding and stamping rubber but unfortunately they are out right now and are looking for a better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back