StarFest Denver 2011 Pic heavy, and video!!! 405th Spartan took 2nd place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishNinja

Heres some pics from Starfest Denver 2011. I ended up taking 2nd place in Sci-fi media category. best in show was a Warhammer 40k space marine, and 1st in class was Darth Starkiller. Both excellent costumes. Enjoy

Links to the YouTube videos on my page

And the link to video of MC and Starkiller hugging it out ;)

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

And StarKiller
IMG_5809.jpg

Hugging it out
IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

IMG_5755.jpg

Best in show, Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
DSC00585.jpg

Last but not least... a pic of Master Chef!

202072_1926989983416_1502169117_32080861_5374101_o%20%20.jpg

Well thats about all I feel like posting. I have a ton more on my FB page if anyone wants to see more
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.729361491982.2243116.42114227&saved#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.729361491982.2243116.42114227

Also made the first pic of Metromix denvers post about the convention
http://denver.metromix.com/events/essay_photo_gallery/denver-plays-dress-up/2562214/content

Thanks for reading all!

SwedishNinja

Last edited by a moderator:
Aah how did the Space Marine beat you! Yours looks a ton better. Looks like you had fun though and that's what counts. Thanks for sharing this with us. :D

Aah how did the Space Marine beat you! Yours looks a ton better. Looks like you had fun though and that's what counts. Thanks for sharing this with us. :D

i know really, not to take away from the other guys and im not saying this cuz im a halo freak but your costume is leagues ahead

Agreed, that MkVI has A TON of more detail than that marine.
Go kill him for some ammo, soldier! :p
What we would do in Halo for more bullets..

I totally agree that your Spartan beat the big red pants off of that Space Marine! Even Starkiller looked better! I demand a recount!!!

I agree with everyone else. You even have lights! That has to count for show. Tis a sad day indeed.

It looked like a fun time though. Congratulations on placing!

I need to get to one or all of these conventions!

Yeah, I defiantly won the crowd favorite. I used the intro music from H3 and as soon as that singing started and they announced me the crowd went crazy. but the other 2 guys had pretty great setups. This was my first convention, first costume, and first contest so I couldn't have asked for much more :D As soon as I upload the video I will toss it up here.
Thanks for all the support guys, this is the exact reason why I love this place!

You did awesome! Was also fantastic to meet another 405th from Colorado. Yay!

YAY! I found you! going through all members that start with an S and end in Ninja was not going so well XD

I was Ghost who talked with you. Love the suit man and i loved the performance for the contest! Congrats on the award and i hope to see you around at StarFest and maybe even NDK if you go!

Video added on first post... enjoy ;)

Hydra and Shadowshail it was great to meet you guys, it would be amazing to start to establish the 405th community in CO and get some projects rolling! I plan on going to NDK, I think I might be making some changes to the rig and put some numbers on my chest peice and go as Spartan 1337 from halo legends.

GHOST!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Thats actually a LOT like what my ghost costume looked like for halloween last year (minus the ammo vest, I couldnt find a cheap enough one :()! Ok, sorry to go off topic there, but man this thing is awesome! And yours definately beat the space marine! This is simply astounding. Oh, and shadowshail, did you get your balaclava from ballys? Because I think we have the same one

I am a Colorado 405th member myself. I plan on going to NDK in sept. Nice armor man. I saw it first on my friend's facebook album for Starfest.

Higdog, yea i got it from bally's. they actually sent me 2 cause one got lost in the mail when the UK was having weather issues and then they sent another cause i never received the first. In a span of 2 weeks i got both of them, the one lost in shipping and the new one they sent out. I just never got the energy to call them and send it back.

I will be at NDK this year and im hoping to have my MC costume with the H2 ODST helm on. I will also have Tron (hopefully) and would love to see a 405th gathering at some point over the weekend!

Higdog, yea i got it from bally's. they actually sent me 2 cause one got lost in the mail when the UK was having weather issues and then they sent another cause i never received the first. In a span of 2 weeks i got both of them, the one lost in shipping and the new one they sent out. I just never got the energy to call them and send it back.
XD nice. And not to intrude, but does anyone know of any conventions that take place in or near Northeast Ohio? Because I really want to go to one, but I dont know of any around here.

As I dont live there I am not sure but a 1 min google search found

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_conventions
and
http://www.starwardbound.org/cons.htm

Hope it helps! Also you my want to just post something in General chat and see if anyone knows there, I see a ton of chatter about cons in there lately.

Well, Ill look into these, but planning con trips isnt a huge priority for me untill I actually get my armor done! And unfortunately, it looks like the only conventions are in Cinncinatti, Dublin, and Columbus, which are all at least three or four hours away from me :(
But thanks none the less!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back