J326 Spartan III Armor Version 2 WIP [Foam]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update! Since I had to move for 2 days I didn't have time to finish the thing in its entirety but I was able to make it to a small con in sacramento. One of the hilarious moments was standing in a strike pose behind some guys absorved in a Halo game. Gave them a nice surprise when they realized who was behind them :)

Gungnir Knees.
IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

sac5.jpg

sac3.jpg

I went to Sacanime with the suit held together with hopes and dreams..and tape. I didn't have time for the boots and a gun but I had a fun time at the con with my friends here are the few pics my friend took with their cell
sac1.jpg

I CHOOSE YOU
sac2.jpg

Thx for the comments, my progress on the suit has stalled at its near completion. I still plan to wire in lights and finish the boot coverings, then work on a gun. im thinking the M90 shotgun. My deadline for suit completetion is Fanime in San Jose so I got time to work on it. For now here are a couple pics I took getting the suit fitted for Halloween. I replaced the cracked visor with a new one I made using overhead projector plastics (50 sheets for $12, Guess ill have spare visor material) and spraypainting it with VHT nite Shade, I can see perfectly clearly out of it. Yes that's a Famas air soft gun just wanted to have a gun in my hand for a shot :)
IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Dude, This is very awesome. i am also doing some foam work, but my seams and stuff arent as clean.i also have been free handing everything ( not using templates). But, just. Wow. really nice.

UPDATE! well its been a while for me but College and games eats up a lot of time, but in the spare moments I've gotten to work on the armor here's what I've gotten done

Got the Core of the Shotgun Cut out, but I set it aside for a different project I can do inside my apartment since the weather hasn't been as nice to let me do it outside.
IMAG0024.jpg

The project I settled on to do at home is this! MARK V FOAM HELMET! its been a little tricky getting this far but I hope to get it done. I took Rhinoc's HD file and re edited the unfold for a more Foam friendly Version.
IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

The suit looks great man! I loved the pokemon pic lol that was hilarious. The color and detail are good. I also like the foam helmet your doing. I was thinking about starting one of those some day. I will be keeping watch here to get ideas if thats ok with u :)

Update! It's been a while but I have been working on the suit here and there in between schooling. So Last month Was Daicon 2012 a very small anime convention at UC davis and I went with my suit and Won the judge's single category: You can see me receiving my prizes at 9:00 and 14:20

Here are the Prizes I won; Trololol
IMAG0143.jpg

He has found a special place on my Armor's Rack
IMAG0145.jpg

Now Tomorrow is Fanime and I intend to go and so I rushed a few things
first is the Magnum
IMAG0147.jpg

It's not a stellar job but it looks fine to me especially when i covered my horrible mistakes with weathering
i DID manage to finish the Mark V foam helmet! (first foam mark V helmet?)
IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

I'm not sure if i will wear it at the Con because relative to the rest of my armor it does seem a bit wide.
So since that might be the case I decided to finally carve in Air holes in my Mark VI Helmet and Put a switch on my fan to turn it off to conserve battery
IMAG0148.jpg

I glued a magnet to the thigh piece and the magnum so they can stick together
IMAG0151.jpg

That's all I have for now! Overall the armor is pretty much Completed other then a few comfort changes i could make. I'm satisfied with the finished product and Thank's a lot for the comments. Hopefully I'll get a lot of pics of the Con to post!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the comment!

anyways like I said here are some pics I got from the Con!
IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

blarg.jpg

Also found a video some1 got of me dancing randomly xD!
enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some righteous pics man, :) It looks so much fun!
I cant wait to finish my suit lol. And nice dance lol
Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back