newb...and Metroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutrot45

i've lurked this site for long enough now, figured i'd sign up and join the fun. i've built various things since finding out about pepakura, but only managed to finish 1 complete suit thus far. i ended up building Samus's suit for someone i work with. yes, it sucked building something for someone else based on nothing more than a few pieces of paper with various measurements and a few pics to try to use as a reference point. i still have to rebuild some pieces so they fit, but meh, it gives me something to do haha.

anyway, here are a few in progress and completed pics. these haven't been rondo'd or anything yet, so it's in its first steps. also can't remember whos files i used, but if they look familiar let me know and i'll give credit where it's due. excuse the poor pics, these were taken with my cell at the time as i just wanted to get some shots to show the person it was being built for

leg
0526002022.jpg

both legs
0602000640.jpg

upper thigh and cod
0602000640.jpg

back of chest and helmet
0609001925a.jpg

full suit pieced together
IMG_3161.jpg

the tube sitting in the center is a 60in core from one of the paper rolls i have at my office used for an idea of scale
IMG_3162.jpg

random pic of completed
samusupdate2-1.jpg

so far, other plans besides finishing this are various Killzone and Halo sets. possibly see if i can scratchbuild something from F.E.A.R.

Attachments

• 0602000640.jpg
    0602000640.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 151
nice work!! where did you get the files?? i don't think i have seen a metroid project actually completed on here. stoked to see your work!! may have to make one for my gf :)

thanks! i think i found the files here before the site went through its change (proof of how long i've been lurking haha) but i really can't remember. took me a little while to build, but wasn't that tricky, trying to figure everything else out so i can start finishing the suit

i used this stuff called "tacky glue" that comes in a brown/bronze bottle. as strong as the hot glue, but a little more time before it sets and dries thin. great time, you can get it at walmart for under $5 for a medium sized bottle.

i'll have to look around. i used to have them on my other laptop which has since crapped out on me but i backed up said files on either a disc or my external HD. i'll see if i can find them and fire 'em over to you

well, i managed to track down the original files so i can post them up later tonight when i get home. with the files being found though, i'll be able to make the corrections i need to on the scaling and sizing for the girl who's ultimately going to be wearing it. still on hold for now, though other projects are starting to flesh out as well.

no problem :) good luck and have fun! just so you know, the scaling on the pieces are slightly different but should fit someone about 5'9ish, but not all pieces have the same scale.

update

not really an update, but i have pics of how the suit looks on the person wearing it (face has been blurred for now). can stress enough how difficult this gets when it's a suit built for someone else who isn't literally right next to you for scaling reasons. anyway, some things are going to need to be rebuilt, but things are beginning to fall into place so i know what needs to be changed and resized, then the real fun begins.

pics
DSC00774.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00784_1.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778_1.jpg

DSC00779_1.jpg

DSC00781_1.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

the helmet looks decent, though it might have to change to keep with the rest of the scale on the suit. the legs (shins and thighs) will need to be shortened just slightly so the boots will match up correctly and so she can have free range of movement. chest needs to be made a bit thinner so her arms aren't hanging out the way they are. cannon obviously needs to be shortened significantly, something like half of what it is now if not more. the upper arms/shoulder bells will probably change as well, though of all of the things to build, the shoulders were one of the biggest PITA's. as for an under suit, she might actually create a zero suit to wear to keep in full character. i think out of boredom i'm going to scratch build Samus's paralyer pistol from Super Smash Bros for her to have as well which is right here:
Paralyzer_om_Artwork.jpg

anyway, this, along with the suit i'm building myself should make for a good time provided i can get through it all and not burn myself out or anything.

updates imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back