HD Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuse

Hi all. I finished this helmet last summer and its been sitting around 'til now. Just two more finals to take and then I hope to begin the resin process. What do you think?

downsized_0602001807a.jpg

32538_394703941151_630251151_4569495_8036017_n.jpg

downsized_0602001806.jpg

This looks great cuse! And I feel ya on the college business. Progress on my build slowed down a ton this semester! Your pep work looks great, nice and clean. Cant wait to see this thing finished!

Keep up the good work!

rino626

ooo thats a nice pep bro well done ,must be horrible having a project sitting there asking to be done since the summer .
good luck finishing this bro.

sonic

Nice bucket. I play the college game also. It's really nerve racking to have a project laying around that you can't touch. Best of luck.

great job, your pep work looks really clean. I don't know if you've installed the supports since you took those pics, but I can't stress enough how important they will be to keep your helm from warping while you harden. Good luck with the rest of it, you are starting with a great base.

I agree, supports will save your pep when it comes to resining.

great job, your pep work looks really clean. I don't know if you've installed the supports since you took those pics, but I can't stress enough how important they will be to keep your helm from warping while you harden. Good luck with the rest of it, you are starting with a great base.

But its looking good and if you take your time, Im sure it will turn out great.

Yes, just installed the supports the other night. It would totally suck if the helm warped.

Hey.

Very clean pep work ... mind if i ask if its ur first pep project ? looks like u practised already alot

And yea... you cant say it often enough to install the temporary visor and the support stripes ... Both is needed to make sure that the helmet stays symmetrical... I know im annoying by saying that :DD but also make sure to work with a first coat of THIN resin layer and let it cure... after that you can put on a thicker one... the more u put innitally on the more dangerous it is to warp...

im really curious to see some progress if u still work on it! :)

spes 256

Hey.

Very clean pep work ... mind if i ask if its ur first pep project ? looks like u practised already alot

And yea... you cant say it often enough to install the temporary visor and the support stripes ... Both is needed to make sure that the helmet stays symmetrical... I know im annoying by saying that :DD but also make sure to work with a first coat of THIN resin layer and let it cure... after that you can put on a thicker one... the more u put innitally on the more dangerous it is to warp...

im really curious to see some progress if u still work on it! :)

spes 256

Completely agree with the supports, and especially the temp visor. MY Mk VI came out all kinds of crooked because I left out the visor. Lots of regrets and mistakes with it, but it was a learning experience and I'm proud of it as my first project ever

I posted a Daedric helm recently. Went back and looked at my old thread and realized the photo was broken, thought I would fix it. Still plan on finishing this at some point despite the helm being slightly small. Wasn't trying to necro-post or whatever that is.

Nice job Cuse! Maybe with the holiday here, would you be working on more pep of your armor? Nice job btw! I like the ribbing you have underneath the bill of the helm, I haven't seen that before, Great Job!

Check out my thread sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back