Airsoft proofing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tangent, yep.

You went off on some tangent about liberty, and I stand on the front lines of that every day. I don't need to be lectured about it, so I tuned you out.

You stand on the front lines of liberty? That doesn't even make any sense. Are you trying to say that you are a soldier (for Canada?)? I didn't realize that Canadians stood on the front lines of liberty on a daily basis. My sincerest apologies.

"Oh he used this SmoothBlast DX Xtrastrong Rubber material? No idea where to get that. Oh it's expensive. Ah, who cares, I'll just use paper. ... ... Ouch, my eye!"

Does that sound familiar? People are doing it all the time with other stuff (my favourite example: safety around resins, respirators and all that stuff). They only read half of what is here. They don't think about the other half. They replace right with cheap and skip inconvenient steps. Then they get poor results. Or hurt.

Bottom line: You're both right. Of course you can do what you want. It might even work - to be honest, I don't think it's that difficult material-wise, you don't need NASA-approved superfibres. But it would be negligent to not explain the risks first. And it's probably a safe bet that even if you do mention them, some people won't get them. Darwin's theories won't ease your mind if YOUR explanation made a twelve year old kid lose an eye or a tooth.

My friend took a paintball to his chest armor (he was a space marine) and it exploded like a frag, as epic and hilarious as it was, he had bruises for months. I do not recommend it.

You both missing the point though. This is a PROP building site, as in NOT used for any sort of combat.

If you want piratical armor, take it somewhere else. Its not meant for here.

Sorry but this is a costuming forum, not a site for building real armor.

Airsoft/ paintball threads are not usually allowed to continue for the reasons we see in this thread.

Discuss building armor for fun and decoration, not for protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back