Project Biosculptor: Halo 3 Marine Helmet PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trando434

Hey guys, I am trying a new technique for making a mold. I have a Halo 3 Marine Helmet pepped by my friend the 308-er because I am still practicing my pep and he has his technique down pat. Instead of fiberglassing it, I am going to use Biosculpter, it is a program and machining tool used in the Orthotic and Prosthetic industry to make accurate casts of a persons leg, torso, or head. It uses a handheld scanner wielded by a person to make a 3D image of a real world object to get maximum detail. Since I have a real Marine Helmet, I am able to utilize Bioscultor to it's maximum efficiency (and hope to post vids of how it works). When the "print" comes out of the machine, it needs some touching up due to teh amount of detail lost, it can't get little crevices and needs certain detail to be added, but I am more than confident I can do this. At the moment I cannot post pics of the Pep piece due to Photobucket turning all of my pics into mobile sized pics (anyone know how to transfer these to Tinypic?) So By tonight I should have an OK to post more info on my technique.

Plus I am also working on a magnetic holster for my Taurus airsoft gun (yes I am not 18 yet and can't afford the real deal, and hey, the airsoft gun is way lighter and easier work with, I am modifying it to look like a M6 Socom)

Sounds like an intresting idea. It will be more unique using that equipment. Also, I like the magnet idea, just like how the armor works in the game! Good luck on it

Helmet Pics (pepped) I am going in on Friday to finish mowing the lawn, so after I get done with the lawn I should be able to scan this sucker in and show some of the process of how the Biosculptor program works :)

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

Magnetic Holster (prototype) The magnets I am using are too weak, I have 8 small rectangular magnets, and I am utilizing them in pairs. They are pretty cheap though, the standard pack is about $.67 so of course they are not going to hold a 1lb metal slide plastic CO2 airsoft gun, but if I can make a holster that can support this, a much lighter M6 cast could easily hold to the holster. The electrical tape is a temporary mount as I have not figured out yet how I can graft magnets into the gun's slide yet.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

In making the magnetic holster, get 4 super magnets. Walmart has them 4 pack for 4 or 5 dollars. Put two on the pistol and two on the thigh piece, creates a stronger hold. ;)

Really, I knew walmart had cheap prices, I didn't know they had super magnets that cheap though. I'll stop by after I finish my Research Paper. The thing I am trying to figure out is how I can somehow implement them so they aren't seen, I want to make their profile as small as possible which means using as little as possible. As you can see by my taurus, it isn't working right now.

It would be easier for a "home-made" pistol, lol, but what i did for my armor's biceps attachments is, gouge out a small area, the shape of the magnet, a small circle, and glue in the magnets, so it lays at the same level as the rest of the weapons body, then probably paint over it. The only problem, my bicep is foam, and pistol from scratch is most likely cardboard, and your airsoft pistol is plastic. :confused Maybe disguise the magnets as some kind of "weapon attachment".

New pics

3D copies of the helmet, scanned in last Friday

My detail of the pictures is pretty bad I didn't have my camera and had to use my phone, but as you can see the helmet lost a lotta detail, this is because the Mill cannot pick up sharp edges and small detail, so it has to be pre-smoothed in order to be cut. I think it didn't turn out too bad, considering my MK VI was lopsided and had a gaping hole in the top of the head when I scanned it. No Pics of that one though sorry.

A small problem I have is that the scanner picked up small bits on the helmet I thought it would overlook, unfortunately it didn't. So now those bits are cancerous bubbles all over the helmet, I am going to rescan with some tape covering the parts up, but I can always sand it outta the cast.

0429111718a.jpg

downsize-2.jpg

A small

I am going to put the magnetic holster on standby, A friend asked me to prom and I lost a lotta building funds that way, so I don't have a lot of spending cash right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back