A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well for clay carmine helmet, i have to make it twice

i put 300mm on height, but i'll post a pic on it later, i have to go to work

all right here's my WIP of clay carmine's helmet, i had to make another one because the first one was small, so i change the height into 300mm so my head can fit in

SANY0964.JPG

SANY0965.JPG

SANY0966.JPG

SANY0967.JPG

installed fiberglass cloth and rondo

SANY0969.JPG
- rondo it after fiberglass

SANY0970.JPG
- the one on the left is small

SANY0971.JPG

all right here's my WIP of clay carmine's helmet, i had to make another one because the first one was small, so i change the height into 300mm so my head can fit in

SANY0964.JPG

SANY0965.JPG

SANY0966.JPG

SANY0967.JPG

installed fiberglass cloth and rondo

SANY0969.JPG
- rondo it after fiberglass

SANY0970.JPG
- the one on the left is small

SANY0971.JPG

a question for you to use in mass?
*inside

what is rondo?(the translate 'rondo' its not clear for me)

Rondo is a mixture of Resin and Bondo body filler, hense the name "Rondo". It is alternative method to using fiberglass cloth or mat to harden a piece of pepakura armor.

Rondo is a mixture of bondo and resin....true. But fiberglass should still be used on the inside of peps. The "Rondo" slury should be used on the outer surface of the pep to smooth out lines and create more detail for the model. Some rondo mixtures can be brushed on to the surface in thin coats......Without fiberglass to reinforce the pep, rondo can still crack when stressed. . . . . Don't mean to steal your thunder Vshore, but I have worked with fiberglass in many various ways......... P.S. You still need to use hardener.

garamasa, if you're ever going to use rondo, put fiberglass mat/cloth inside first then rondo, i recommend using the bondo hardener

Rondo is a mixture of bondo and resin....true. But fiberglass should still be used on the inside of peps. The "Rondo" slury should be used on the outer surface of the pep to smooth out lines and create more detail for the model. Some rondo mixtures can be brushed on to the surface in thin coats......Without fiberglass to reinforce the pep, rondo can still crack when stressed. . . . . Don't mean to steal your thunder Vshore, but I have worked with fiberglass in many various ways......... P.S. You still need to use hardener.
You're not stealing anything bro, I know what I am talking about. I myself have worked with FG in many various ways, you're not telling me anything I don't already know. And yes you can use Rondo by itself to harden peps. If you are putting enough stress on an armor part to crack multiple layers of Rondo, then you are doing things that armor wasn't intended to do.

Bottom line, "Rondo" is yet just another tool in your arsenal. You can use it in a multitude of applications. I second what vshore has said, if your cracking the rondo, then you probably should stop using your helmet for cracking coconuts.

Thank you all for your help, 'bondo' here called 'mass - Plastic'.
somethings its different,thank God, resin and fiberglass do not xD

Thank you all for your help, 'bondo' here called 'mass - Plastic'.
somethings its different,thank God, resin and fiberglass do not xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back