Italian based NOBLE TEAM - PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the comments.

@BaronVonReicher: yes it's Ruze's file, i'm thinking about making a list of which pdo we used.

@EMAW09: thank you for the advice, usually we work with a respirator, gloves and when sanding/dremeling safety goggles (that stuff produces loads and loads of dust which doesn't go well with contact lenses :) ) in that particular shot i was about to start sanding and i forgot to wear the gloves... so don't worry i should have enough life left to finish the work ;)

1zbxxqr.jpg

here u go... hazmat suit ;)

Also some more pics:

nf084h.jpg

for the weapons i started tracing a vector blueprint of the DMR directly from the game

254ykbl.jpg

rough shaping

10setl4.jpg

i plan to go for the working clip/bolt/trigger route...

4kd5sm.jpg

parts scattered everywhere

6oh8v6.jpg

clip detail

25yyedv.jpg

front grip detail

My friend who's working on emile's suit is also working on a shotgun, but i don't have pics here...and as i said we prefer to focus on finishing the suits first, this was kind of a test and to take a break from pepakura... (which can be a bit tedious, especially when making twin parts...)

That's all for now, i have a full week of work ahead, i don't know i can upload something before the weekend... see u soon.

is it possible for me to get a copy of those schematics for the DMR? I have been searching everywhere for the full sized blueprints and i cant find any at all. if it is possible please PM me.

Also your build looks amazing! i have to say that it is a lot better looking than my ODST build.

Another update, here are Emile's forearms. Even if the right forearm (the red/white one) is covered with the shotgun shells attachment I painted and weathered it as well

atut6s.jpg

2nhj0ba.jpg

Thanks guys for the appreciation! I'm about to vacform Emile's visor, let's hope it turns out well!

@ Vigilnt sniper

I have anticipated your request to my friend and since he is the one working on the DMR you should contact him via PM to Mjolnir Armory, he is the one following that account on behalf of our armor making group, I'm sure he'll be happy to help you with those designs.

Paint job almost looks like a screencap :D are you guys using an airbrush? if you aren't you guys are wizards.

Thanks Tenebrus! No we aren't using any airbrushes, its a layered paintjob

1- primer
2 - silver/metallic
3 - final color

after this then some work with 80-grit sandpaper and a sharp cutter for the heavier scratches and chipping away some paint. After you do some wetbrush with very diluted black acrylic paint to simulate dirt & grime in the crevices and indents, and sponging with a cloth with the same diluted black paint to add a "darkening" layer. Then you use silver acrylic paint (not diluted this time) on the scratches with a brush, removing the excess paint immediately after passing the brush, this adds a "silvery metallic" along the thin layers of paint that you scratched. Hope this helps!

You're paint job is looking sweet on all the parts, The weathering and attention to detail is just outstanding.

Finally some new pictures of the Carter build... i can see the light at the end of the tunnel now :D

2eogoz9.jpg

the helmet with his placeholder visor (i'm still waiting for the mirror gold tape)

2j26cur.jpg

2a9ofpj.jpg

Shoulders and biceps armor weathered (i still have to fix the right shoulder pad, print the unsc eagle and add a couple of screw and bolts here and there)

2je5tur.jpg

forearms, weathered and ready to go

4t106s.jpg

Thigh armour, wheatered VS unweathered

dqit5x.jpg

wheatered shins

2h2o22c.jpg

and finally the chest piece still in the "smurf blue" phase

The "spartan thong TM", boots and handplates are still in the pep stage :D

Small update:
i was not able to find an user friendly/game accurate enough .pdo for Kat's helmet, so i'm trying to build it on my own. Tomorrow i'll try to unfold it

hthhm9.jpg

Small update:
i was not able to find an user friendly/game accurate enough .pdo for Kat's helmet, so i'm trying to build it on my own. Tomorrow i'll try to unfold it

You've done a really great job with all of the detailing on Carter's armor, so does the accuracy for Kat's helmet require 100%?

Small update:
There's one made by harnor and it is, IMO, the best air assault helmet ever modeled. It's buried in the Official Halo Reach Pepakura Files thread. Normally, I'd tell you to search the thread but his model deserves special mention so here it is:

harnor's air assault helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back