Italian based NOBLE TEAM - PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MjolnirARMORY

Hi there, we are following this forum from an year or so (ok...lurking :) ), and eventually we decided to make a post to show some of our work.
We are a group of friends with a goal, create the entire noble team set of armour before november (because in november there's one of the most important comic convention in italy...still we miss a Jorge though).

I'll be spartan a259 Carter and most of the picture i'm gonna show here are from my armour set (mixed with some of emile's).

We started with pepakura models (trying to find the most accurate pieces first was the hardest part), then resin, fiberglass, bondo... the same procedure used by alot of people around here...

Keep in mind that even if we are aiming for a high level it's our first time working with this kind of stuff, but enough talking a let's start with the pictures:

n6rwpz.jpg

my pepped chestpiece

vf8pxu.jpg

helmet, shoulders and abdominal plate

2ii8gn8.jpg

again my helmet (whith a first coat of resin) while emile is cooking his helmet in our "ghetto oven - mark 1 - TM" (curing resin with cold is a big pain) ;)

8zpaaw.jpg

"the cake is a lie"

2jb1ut1.jpg

fiberglassing the inside

2r7wqif.jpg

"Ghetto oven - Mark 2 - TM"

688prs.jpg

cooking a pair of thighs

20ih2ex.jpg

first coat of resin on the chestpiece and biceps

105wawk.jpg

Emile's bowl redone (my friend found a much better model and unfold, unfond was done by BenSteeper i think)

2zsmg09.jpg

first layer of bondo (of many...and i mean MANY)

svky34.jpg

after those many layers and alot of sanding...a first coat of primer to check for problematic spots (plenty of them indeed)

ekep20.jpg

today i've remodeled the chin and started detailing using cardboard masks

kszg6.jpg

front shot

For the moment i've reached the limit of pictures in a message, i'll show you some more soon... more ore less we have two complete suits ready for bondo now but i don't have all the pictures (also i'm focused on finishing my carter helmet, then i'll move on other pieces...bondoing and sanding is very time consuming). The next time i'll show our start with weapons.

Comments and critiques are more than welcomed and if you have a facebook account look for "Mjolnir Armory"

Great start so far! Looks fantastic! Keep up the great work! (LOVE the ghetto oven by the way lol)
Is that Ruze's Carter helmet?

it looks awesome man, keep up the fantastic work and can't wait to see some more progress =D

Great looking build so far. I will be looking forward to some more pictures. One suggestion I have though is for you to wear gloves when working with the bondo body filler. It's got some nasty stuff in it.

Thank you all for the comments.

@BaronVonReicher: yes it's Ruze's file, i'm thinking about making a list of which pdo we used.

@EMAW09: thank you for the advice, usually we work with a respirator, gloves and when sanding/dremeling safety goggles (that stuff produces loads and loads of dust which doesn't go well with contact lenses :) ) in that particular shot i was about to start sanding and i forgot to wear the gloves... so don't worry i should have enough life left to finish the work ;)

1zbxxqr.jpg

here u go... hazmat suit ;)

Also some more pics:

nf084h.jpg

for the weapons i started tracing a vector blueprint of the DMR directly from the game

254ykbl.jpg

rough shaping

10setl4.jpg

i plan to go for the working clip/bolt/trigger route...

4kd5sm.jpg

parts scattered everywhere

6oh8v6.jpg

clip detail

25yyedv.jpg

front grip detail

My friend who's working on emile's suit is also working on a shotgun, but i don't have pics here...and as i said we prefer to focus on finishing the suits first, this was kind of a test and to take a break from pepakura... (which can be a bit tedious, especially when making twin parts...)

That's all for now, i have a full week of work ahead, i don't know i can upload something before the weekend... see u soon.

ah, suc a beautiful location to be doing resin! and your Ghetto oven is a fantastic ide, i see its a TM, so how much for the rights to use it XD
that helmet is also looking nice and smooth. and that picture of you with glives, overalls and a resperator should be on the front of a "how to make armour" manual.

Hello everyone, I'm the other member of the Mjollnir Armory that originally posted this thread. I'm the one doing the Emile build. I'd like to thank this community for sharing all of its knowledge and files and therefore allowing everyone to do such awesome armors!
We are striving to achieve an excellent result, and I can tell you that it's a very demanding although satisfacting task! Pics coming soon!

Ok, ok... due to it's outstanding success, we want to share with you the "Ghetto Oven Mark I - TM", it's a pleasure to contribute to the community ;)

blueprints.jpg

make a good use out of it.

@BaronVonReicher: the resin we used doesn't cure well when it's too cold, or at least requires a very long time to fully cure (from 10/15 minutes during summer to literally hours during winter).
Heating the resined pieces speeds up the process allowing to work on more than one piece during the winter time.

Pics

As I promised earlier, here are som other pics of our project :-D

Shotgun_01.jpg

Starting to work on the M45 Tactical Shotgun

Helmet_01.jpg

My helmet and a thigh out to dry

Cod.jpg

The cod piece

Shoulder_01

Emile's right shoulder

Shin_01

The shins

That's all for now, I think I'll start bondoing the helmet this afternoon. Still Thinking on how to make the enormous visor, I haven't decided yet between a vacformed full visor or to cut a small window and insert an hidden plexiglass piece where the eyes of the skull are.

Everything's looking great so far! That Security shoulder is L3X's model right? As for the visor, If I were doing it, I'd vacuum form it. I don't know how well it would actually work, but I personally would scratch the skull into the visor instead of drawing or painting it.

Really great work, looking forward to seeing all of this finished! The Carter helmet looks awesome already, and I'm sure that DMR will end up being really sweet. Keep it up!

Good work guys! finally i find other italians halo fans who aren't scared about the long work for a halo armor! i hope to see you at lucca and i hope i will have finished my scout helmet!

@BaronVonReicher - The shoulder is based on L3X's model but I had it remodeled from scratch by a friend of mine, now it's a little more in-game accurate, I will post the file soon. The only thing I didn't adjust it's the 45° angle bevel that runs around the whole piece, since that is easilly achieved when sanding and bondoing.
For the visor I'm more inclined to vacuform it as you say, and the skull will be scratched with a small dremel tip to resemble better the in-game look.

Yesterday afternoon I started bondoing the helmet
Helmet_02.jpg

This is a detail of the inside of the right thigh. I immersed between two layers of fiberglass and resin two rare-earth magnets ripped out of an old hard disk. Since they are quite strong I'm hoping to use them to hold the M6B Handgun attached to the side of the leg as it's portrayed in-game
Magnets.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back