Usama Bin Laden Confirmed dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
221691_2006966816896_1325441834_2923342_7611020_n.jpg

"Whoa! What the Hell? You're not the pizza guy!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbENZPSv340

See, what aggravates me is that so many people are excited about this.
A man is dead, no matter what he has done, there is no reason in the universe to be grateful for it.
Hypocrisy is America's way of saying "hello"

I'm kinda torn between the two extremes here. Yes, it's a good thing that Osama is dead, but I also think it's wrong to revel in any person's death. I was quite sickened by the people outside the whitehouse partying, but maybe that's just me being away fro mthe issue.

I don't know; it's a good thing the guy can never kill again, but I also believe it's wrong to glorify his death.

Just my view.

Values DIssonance I suppose.

People have a feeling of justice. 1 man dead for the killing of over 3000 at the WTC and all of the deaths within this war .

There are good men on this world who are willing to do what is necessary to protect what is right! You all can do the same! Be the better man and stand for justice and righteousness! Be the man who is willing to kill in order to protect what is good and what is right in this world!

Yes, these people are willing to kill in order to protect, but more importantly, they are willing to die for the same reason....
Anyone can kill, but to stand in the face of death shows much more courage. Cheers, to all that have fallen and all that stand.

There are Spartans in this world. There are people that stand above all others on the battlefield. I would like to congratulate Seal Team Six for under taking such a successful mission. Wish I knew who they were so we cold give them Spartan armor. They deserve it. They are, the master chief's of our world.

I agree he needed to be killed, and hooyah to the SEALs who made it happen, but I'm not really celebrating. He'd been on the run for years, all we've got from him in even somewhat recently is a few garbled cassette tapes. He wasn't a major threat; I thought the world had moved on to more immediate monsters.

So he needed to die, just like the suicide bombers in downtown Baghdad need to die. But our guys kill people like that every day, it's not worth celebrating over IMO.

BTW, Obama needs to stop using the word "I" and start replacing it with terms like "SEAL Team Six", "Our service-men and -women", "the military" etc. Such blatant self-praise; "...and vote for me in 2012!" Way to turn a debatably important day into a publicity stunt.

BTW, Obama needs to stop using the word "I" and start replacing it with terms like "SEAL Team Six", "Our service-men and -women", "the military" etc. Such blatant self-praise; "...and vote for me in 2012!" Way to turn a debatably important day into a publicity stunt.
Are you forgetting that he is the commander-in-chief? No matter how powerful our SO teams are, they cannot do anything of this magnitude in importance until he gives the go signal. And you may want to go back and listen to his announcement last night. He did thank those service men involved although he cannot give the operational details. That's not what the office of the president does. Just relish this moment without inserting politics.

I wish I can Buy the whole strike team strippers and drinks. Sorry if that sounds inappropriate. But thats all we talked about when I served. I just wish I was still there for this moment.

I agree he needed to be killed, and hooyah to the SEALs who made it happen, but I'm not really celebrating. He'd been on the run for years, all we've got from him in even somewhat recently is a few garbled cassette tapes. He wasn't a major threat; I thought the world had moved on to more immediate monsters.

So he needed to die, just like the suicide bombers in downtown Baghdad need to die. But our guys kill people like that every day, it's not worth celebrating over IMO.

Well at least your PRESIDENT is not controlled by the Saudi Arabians, and had the guts to PULL THE TRIGGER. Think about that next time...

Yes, these people are willing to kill in order to protect, but more importantly, they are willing to die for the same reason....
Anyone can kill, but to stand in the face of death shows much more courage. Cheers, to all that have fallen and all that stand.
You'd be surprised. Most Americans are almost always more ready to die for their beliefs then they are to kill for them. That is fascinating to me. But just like Patton said,

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Are you forgetting that he is the commander-in-chief? No matter how powerful our SO teams are, they cannot do anything of this magnitude in importance until he gives the go signal. And you may want to go back and listen to his announcement last night. He did thank those service men involved although he cannot give the operational details. That's not what the office of the president does. Just relish this moment without inserting politics.
Don't take this politically, because I do not mean it that way. Yes, he is the commander in chief. That does not mean that he has any control of the situation at all. Do you really think that the President goes through rosters, hand picks SEAL teams, sifts through all of the data, and then chooses targets for SEAL teams to strike? Or do you think it is more plausible that USSOCOM does that? The President may have given the order to start deploying troops, but that really is the extent of his involvement. His generals take care of the rest, which is how it should be. Politicians shouldn't pretend that they know how to wage war. Besides, the President is far too busy taking vacations to be concerned with military matters. (I am sorry. I couldn't help myself :p )

My sincerest congrats to the SEALs on this mission. Job well done, brothers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back