Elite Head Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsunamiX146

Jr Member
Hey guys, I'm Jason a.k.a TsunamiX146. I'm currently working on a Halo Reach Elite Minor costume. I'm at the head but I'm stuck with an obstacle. The vision, to be precise. I was thinking about placing glass that kind of ricochets off of each other so that you could see out from an elite's view. Would that work? And if you guys don't understand I can try to explain it a bit more. :$

That sounds pretty cool if you could get a good enough field of vision with it. It'd be intense immersion as long as it didn't get too claustrophobic in there.

I think U would die in there cuz ... u are inside a suit and if it summer, the suit will heat up like a chicken in the mirco slowly sizzeling its fat away u will die from heat in there lol no to mention how u would turn ur head inside or if u get hungry or thursty but i belive in u
Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you

Uh... well I didn't think about that... hmm... i could add a cool system. I don't know about the turning my head part, though. Got any ideas?

You may need to add holes in the neck or chest, then. Some of the angles on the Elite's necks look to be a bit much for a periscope using just mirrors. Or you could set up a closed circuit camera system with a camera in the mouth; the problem then would be the screen. It's the same problem with the Gungnir helmet.

Ah yep, im following now. You failed to mention that your head would not be in the helmet, but i gotcha now.
Why not just add the height into the Legs?
I've seen other people do it that way.

Sorry that might've been vital information...
But YES! The height will be in the legs! :D
I've seen Sean Bradley's youtube video where he had stilts for his suit. I guess i could try that, just as long as the Elite head doesn't make the costume unbalanced... -__-

I think the thing to do would be to have the stilt legs, and to fashion some kind of see-through screen in the chest for you to look out of. To make the head move (this is going to be a silly idea, but I'm just throwing it out there), wear the elite head and neck as a hat. When you turn your head, the elite head will also turn, although it will look like he's got a stiff neck.

Actually no, that doesn't seem silly xD
It's actually a pretty good idea

Edit. Now the you mention a see-through screen... i could place a visor that blends in with the chest and that could possibly work. Is that what your trying to say?

Yeah, what ChaoBreeder said. I failed to credit him when I re-mentioned the idea in my post. I think mesh would be better, since it won't fog up and it could assist in ventilation.

Ok sorry for the double posting but I'm getting REALLY fired up and motivated so I'm going to work on the Elite head and chest.

I'll be taking pics as soon as I can. And again sorry for double posting T__T

yeah jaben has the right idea, build yourself some stilts in the shape of an elites legs. Then you can just look out the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back