Another ODST Dropping In! (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

Ok here we go, this is my first thread here on the 405th! I have been stalking around the forum for quite some time and have posted here and there, now seeing as school is out I'm ready to start my build!

So I've decided to build an ODST using mainly Hugh's files and Kirrou's shoulders (so credit to them, since they are great files!). I have been pepping for a couple days now and I have manage to bang out 3 pieces of the chest assets.

And here are the pics!

CIMG0775.jpg

CIMG0774.jpg

CIMG0769.jpg

CIMG0768.jpg

CIMG0766.jpg

CIMG0765.jpg

Well thats all for now folks. I'll keep working and in the mean time please feel free to tell me what you think!!

your pepp is looking good so far. glad to see even more odst's joining our ranks. if you need help or want any advise check out my odst build or just ask me....... link is in my sig.....

hehe, guess what, its another ODST (in the making) replying to your thread!
and as said before you pepping skills are really quite good, especialy the round part for the chest centre thingy, i struggled with that.
have you considered making any parts out of foam, as alot of us have made the chest core from foam, as its much more comfortable, and in a way, easier to make.

WOOT! You even got it to be symmetrical.

Now you just need to pep the rest and resin. Good luck ODST enemy! Covenant FTW! xD

Thanks for all the support guys!

@ Spartan-005: Thanks man your build looks great and i will hit you up if I have any questions!

@ 0235: Thanks, and I plan on following my fellow ODST's example and use foam for the chest core. In addition after looking at rino626's build I also think i will be doing the thighs in foam as well, seeing as I feel they would be more comfortable than than hardened pep.

Again thanks for all the support so far guys. I'm working diligently now but I start work on Monday so my progress might be a little slower. Either way I hope to have more pics for you soon!

yes do your thighs in foam i had started mine in pep and the wife had did here oni last year that way and said it is a pain so i made them out of foam and o so nice. best file to use for it also is hughs. and core go foam also.....

I'm back folks,

Thanks so much for your support thus far! Its great to know the community and my fellow ODST's have my back!!

So its been a week and I have UPDATES!

Here's the pics and I'll comment on them after...

CIMG0776.jpg

CIMG0777.jpg

CIMG0778.jpg

CIMG0780.jpg

So its been a difficult week building this helmet but I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Obviously it isn't quite done (still need to add the pieces that make up the neck seal). Over all I'm excited about the progress so far but the real test will come when I see how well all the pieces fit together with the glue and if it fits on my head after the clips have been removed.

As always folks I love to hear your input so keep posting and thanks again for your kind words so far!!!

Hey all,

Ok its been a couple weeks since my last update but i have plenty to show! So without further a due....

Pictures!

First up the gauntlets!
CIMG0784.jpg

CIMG0785-Copy.jpg

CIMG0786-Copy.jpg

CIMG0787-Copy.jpg

Helmet after glue...
CIMG0788.jpg

CIMG0789.jpg

CIMG0790.jpg

CIMG0792.jpg

Finally the Tactical Fanny Pack (never thought i would put those 3 words together)
CIMG0793.jpg

CIMG0794.jpg

And all together now!
CIMG0795.jpg

So thats my progress so far folks. Its been challenging at times but I'm having fun. Oh and the best part is I just picked up my foam mats from the area Harbor freight store!!! That being accomplished I'm hoping to start work on the chest core this weekend.

Well i suppose that is all I have for now. As always your input and words of encouragement have been most welcome and greatly appreciated thus far. Its great to hear from my fellow ODSTs as well as the rest of the community. so please keep the feed back coming and I will hopefully have some more updates soon (updates of the foam variety i hope).

Once again thank you! Time to jump back into hell....

Hey y'all!

So been a while since my last post (again) so I'm just guna jump right in!

I gots foam chest core!
2011-06-25_13-45-46_266.jpg

2011-06-25_13-46-06_748.jpg

I banged the chest core out in a weekend, and I have to say it was pretty challenging but very rewarding. I look forward to working with foam more often.

In other news, after a long relaxing morning of fishing I came home and hunkered down in my garage with my respirator and began to resin my armor. It has gone pretty well and tomorrow i hope to start rondoing the pieces!

Well thats all for now folks. as always please comment because i love to get your feedback!

Thanks y'all and ill see ya on the other side!!!

@ iGrunt,
Thanks for the kudos man!

Now on to my mini update!!

All my resin coated pieces
2011-07-12_14-36-57_234.jpg

And the two pieces i have rondoed
2011-07-12_14-37-10_924.jpg

2011-07-12_14-37-23_166.jpg

So using rondo for the first time was interesting. The first batch i mixed up i added too much hardener and the whole thing solidified in the cup before i could slush it into the pieces. Overall i have to just get the mixture of body filler and resin right, since even when i did pour the rondo it was till a little too thick and i had to use a paint brush to try and get full coverage.

Thanks for looking guys and if y'all have any advice on rondo i would love to hear it!!

Thanks again,
Keep on fighting!

Hey all!

Spent the day playing with paint!

so here it is

Front
2011-08-02_18-14-35_472.jpg

Back
2011-08-02_18-14-17_233.jpg

And credit goes to Sir Tsaboc for the paint scheme as his work is what made me go with the mate black and gunmetal grey.

Tonight i should be working on the strapping so i can actually wear this puppy.

As always folks please comment because i love to hear feedback no matter what it is!

Cheers

Nice foam chest! Good progress.

As for rondo. I use it lots and the way I use it works great for me. I use one of those red party cups and do a 50/50 mix of resin and bondo with the bondo on the bottom. Then I put in about 2 spoonfuls of the resin hardener (Usually a bit less) and I mix it using almost like a stabbing motion, used to bring the bondo up from the bottom, and push the resin down, thus mixing it. Using this I can get a good 5-10 minutes of working time, which is a perfect amount of time to get an even coat around the piece.

Hope I helped.

Thanks darkrider!

I did manage to work out the mixture after some messing with it. I have hardened everything i have peped, so my challenge now is just doing the bondo work on the outside to smooth them. whole different challenge lol.

but again thanks for the comment man i appreciate the input!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back