Gears of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

As the majority of you know, the GoW3 beta has been out for 3 weeks now, and the full game supposedly does not hit shelves until September. Ive been workin on my wooden DMR, but since its been done, i decided to delay that, and make the sawn off from GoW3. It resembles a civil war era shotgun, as it is large crude, and decorative.
gearsofwarsawnoffshotty.jpg

This is the concept so i dont know if it is up to date. I also noticed it has only one shot in game. Old ones have two triggers or one for each barrel. Newer ones have one two step trigger. Halfway back fires 1 barrel, and pulling it all the way fires the second. If it is pulled back all the way the 1st time it fires both barrels. This might be why.

I also feel like making a retro lancer, and possibly casting seperate parts, and making gold ones as well. I love the retro lancer. When i play i dont even need the rifle, all i need is the bayonet on a stick for all i care.
gearsofwarretrolancer.jpg

It looks like the bayonet is detachable. Some plausibility for the stick idea? :D
goldenretrolancerrifle.jpg

Looks like the Cole train is about to run over some locusts.

I might do a pep and slice for the retro lancer, and i also played some more, and yes the shotgun changed. They made the handle into more of a pistol grip, and replaced the metal tray that catches the barrels with a small spike. Also it now has only one non variable trigger. They also made the metal parts over the wood more intracate. Anyway im gonna start my sliced file for retro and its bayonet, im thinkin seperate parts, as it will be perfect 1.1 scale.

I might do a pep and slice for the retro lancer, and i also played some more, and yes the shotgun changed. They made the handle into more of a pistol grip, and replaced the metal tray that catches the barrels with a small spike. Also it now has only one non variable trigger. They also made the metal parts over the wood more intracate. Anyway im gonna start my sliced file for retro and its bayonet, im thinkin seperate parts, as it will be perfect 1.1 scale.

Thank you! Sounds amazing :)

Finished the barrel cover. I need a great unfolder to make this 1.1 scale based on the hole for the barrel. Therefore findin the barrel diameter is a good idea. All parts will have to be changed by the exact same amount as they will all use the same reference pic.
http://www.4shared.com/file/JFLRa9th/GoW3_Retro_Lancer_barrel_cover.html

They should all fit together well if done right. All i did was section out the reference pic.

Just finished the barrel and what i assume to be the gas block thing. The grip will be next, then the bayonet and the little knob under the barrel.
http://www.4shared.com/file/bY_cIT5p/GoW3_Retro_Lancer_barrel_and_g.html
Also, does anybody know how to flip faces? they're always inside out.

Almost done with the back, handle and all. I think i will leave off the tube because that would suck to model, and pep. Actually i might leave a few places for scratchbuilding, like the screws and bolts that tighten the bayonet mount. I might also make a slice file for the internals as i want it to function. Just pull a lever, the door thing opens, and the mag falls right out. :D

Almost done with the back, handle and all. I think i will leave off the tube because that would suck to model, and pep. Actually i might leave a few places for scratchbuilding, like the screws and bolts that tighten the bayonet mount. I might also make a slice file for the internals as i want it to function. Just pull a lever, the door thing opens, and the mag falls right out. :D

I'm actually really excited for the file! Sounds like its going to be awesome :)

Since there is such a big difference between the two,(concept and final) I will finish the concept, and make interchangeable parts, so you can have one the other, or a combo of both. I know mine will have the original barrel cover, and the final bayonet for sure.

Someone went and modeled the Beta lancer, so i was just going to finish the bayonet, and the barrel shroud, as i like the concept barrel shroud better. In other words someone already made a great base so i dont have to. Back to the DMR!

Someone went and modeled the Beta lancer, so i was just going to finish the bayonet, and the barrel shroud, as i like the concept barrel shroud better. In other words someone already made a great base so i dont have to. Back to the DMR!

Do you happen to have the link? :p

The thread is on GEARS OF WAR 3 game but on what topic you guys are talking i can't understand it... is gears of war 3 has released?

No, gears of war 3 does not come out until SEPT, please read.

If you pre order the game from Gamestop you can play (or could) it's beta multiplayer - 3maps (got boring actually) also Gamestop has a Full scale retro lancer pre-order (combine it with the game to save $20) for only $99.00 (hand painted official licence and machine gun sound effect)

and.. bayonettes were made to come off... don't you know about the real versions? literally a combat knife shoved on the end of the gun for close-quarters combat.

In fact, since many guns don't support the official "latch' system for a blade - many makeshifts exist that were literally duct taped knives to the gun.

I just went and got a pack of EVA foam, and im sittin here cutting out a GoW3 cog armor chestpiece. The good thing is I have something to sit on while im sitting on the floor tracing on it with a sharpie. These EVA foam matts are pretty comfortable. I wonder how they will be when im wearing them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back