Gears of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just burned my hand pretty bad while working on the EVA foam, looks to be second degree, so im gonna delay the foam build for a few days. : (

This is the reason I bought a pair of 'ove gloves. You keep your finger-flexibility and can grab the foam right off of the oven sheet.

I should probably get something like that. My fingertips are basically rock hard and i only have a few partial fingerprints just from working with this stuff my whole life. I mean, i dont even have any feeling in my fingers. That's only useful sometimes. So anyway my fingers healed remarkably fast and ive gotten back to working, and I almost finished the Boltok Revolver pep model one handed yesterday. It helps being ambidexterous :D

I dont know why it grows back so fast. The top layer didnt really close up, the layer under, (Theres alot of layers of skin) was down to the muscle, but it kinda filled in with wrinkly red skin, and became flush with the surface overnight. Its still a little Blistery, but its almost my normal pale skin color.... Im assuming it should hurt alot more but im used to this.

I did get alot done though:
This is the disaster area. Ive been sitting on the EVA foam and it is pretty comfortable, so lets see how it is when i wear it.
DSC00122.jpg

Theres some collateral damage from the disaster area. Right around some of my 1/72 scale models, yes i make some of my own. (balsa wood)
DSC00123.jpg

Here is about 50% of the armor put down on the floor. Its alot, its just that the picture was taken 6 feet above the ground because of my height. For scale , The wall is about 5 feet from the table, and its between those, with less than one foot of space around it.
DSC00124.jpg

I just got back from D.C., so the work will continue. It actually got 3-Dimensional right before I left, when i combined the two parts.
Front:
DSC00125.jpg

Back:
DSC00126.jpg

i would love to attempt to unfold the boltok revolver but i have never heard of .dae format is there any way to get it in .obj then i'll do my best to get it unfolded

Thats the export type from sketchup. It becomes an Obj. when it is imported into pepakura. Which i cant do for some reason. I already got a code a while back, but it wont let me import anymore. Basically just download it, go to pep, and import it.

I have never unfolded any thing in my life I just uploaded it to Google sketcup and then got the detentions and stuff sorry i dont know how to unfold stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back