Mortal Kombat Noob Saibot

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, following the release of nintendudes mortal kombat masks i just had to make one :) his masks can be found in his thread here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32240-Mortal-Kombat-9-Pepakura-Files?highlight=mortal+kombat
i know someone else has already made this pep but tbh this was the easiest and quickest from the looks of things and i wanted something less time consuming so..... yeah :p

i will say somethings were fidderly and hard for me personly to glue so i used a bit more masking tape than i would have liked to :/

2011-05-11_19-29-25_241.jpg

2011-05-11_19-29-31_896.jpg

2011-05-11_19-29-57_905.jpg

wow the pep looks awesome, alot cleaner than my first attempt

really ?? lol personly i think this is the worst pep ive every done. it was really fidderly, and the cave in cheeks, had trouble with them, couldnt properly see the fold and cut line. but im happy with how it turned out, great sizing too, fits great, i gotta say though man i loved yours, did you ever add anything on the inside ??

oh and im thinking about not cutting out the cheeks and just adding the wire mesh ontop

had school all day today so i will probably do some more sanding tomorrow and possibly add the felt too. the felt will go behind the mesh so it will be cooler when wearing it and give it a more accurate look to the game version.

i honestly don't know either, all i know is that its a fabric, my mom knows what it is so she will be getting it for me, also depending on how much it costs i might use some other kind of fabric.

hmm I think I'm going to slightly revise the mask file where there's a place where there's just a line there and you can't see a tab at all just the two same numbers next to each other you don't need to cut that line think of it as being already glued there. But I might revise it and make that area easier on people that don't know that. But the mask does look good you should have used superglue or hot glue instead of tape though.

hmm I think I'm going to slightly revise the mask file where there's a place where there's just a line there and you can't see a tab at all just the two same numbers next to each other you don't need to cut that line think of it as being already glued there. But I might revise it and make that area easier on people that don't know that. But the mask does look good you should have used superglue or hot glue instead of tape though.

yeah i did use super glue but tbh this wasnt good stuff, my nan got a different type than i usually use, really bad, and ive got fat hands lol, always had trouble gluing, sometimes i just use the tape to as a simpler solutions, doesnt really matter when its all resined and bondod. you cant see it

today i fibreglassed the hell outta it, 4 or 5 layers, bit of over kill but man its strong, strongest thing ive built yet, also adding rondo onto it on inside cause i prefer it to fibreglass ( obviously gona sand the inside 1st ) will post pics soon

fibreglassed and sanded
2011-05-13_16-16-30_804.jpg

went too far and added rondo, i shouldnt have cause i couldnt get the bloody thing on, had to trim top and sides so it would fit, also some of the inside :(
2011-05-13_17-18-55_648.jpg

added bondo and sanded it and primed it so i can see what i have to work on, lots needed to do
2011-05-13_18-49-25_919.jpg

2011-05-13_18-49-32_902.jpg

2011-05-13_18-49-41_210.jpg

cheers guys, yeah im having touble with my dremel, its just me being akward with it, hard to use for certain areas
got lots of work yet to do, just shame about me kinda wreaking it with the rondo, really wish i didnt do it now :/
and i just trimmed the side with the dremel and then sanded the inside with really fine grit sandpaper, didnt take too long

i know what you mean about the dremel, i had a hard time with it this morning when i was cleaning up some edges on my mask, which BTW is done. i didn't use felt cause the store was out of it. anyhow yours looks better than mine, i did a rush job on mine cause i have a time limited project for a friend that has to be done next week..

yeah i saw your mate, nice job on the mesh work, looks awesome, and i like the way you fixed it with the straps, i like the idea of it, and it looks like it fits ya lol, mine fitted batter before i did the rondo, this is for a friend and he wants it like concrete. so i was trying to make it soo damn hard. just went too far, well ive got ages to go yet before this finished

UPDATE

sanded down and added spotting putty
2011-05-16_16-29-30_366.jpg

2011-05-16_16-29-40_389.jpg

resanded the spotting putty and its smooth :)
2011-05-16_18-28-42_741.jpg

reprimed it to see any more problem areas, only a few left, not sure if you can see how good it is, bad camera
2011-05-16_18-33-13_366.jpg

2011-05-16_18-32-54_468.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back