my sliced DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashyink

Jr Member
hello 405th dudes and dudets this is my first build of a cardbored DMR the file was sliced by L3X BLU3R1V3R

so onto the build :D

heres what i got done so far
herpaderp522.jpg

herpaderp517.jpg

heres a close up of the hand hold, bar thing....
herpaderp518.jpg

herpaderp520.jpg

reference I am using
DMR_left3.jpg

also if anyone has a 3d DMR i could unfold or has the pep file for a DMR i would love to get it from you :D

whoot first update

didn't do much but i added the barrel plus the little slope thing, I also added the finger guard and did a bit of sanding.
DMR1003.jpg

DMR1002.jpg

DMR1001.jpg

Big props to you for being able to do that with cardboard, that stuff is a pain in the butt to work with. With a little bit of spot putty and/or bondo this thing is going to come out great. Looking forward to more updates. I also must say I really like your grip for some reason, it looks extremely neat. The only think that needs tweaking is the front end, but then again, nothing spot putty and bondo can't fix. Overall, great work!

You could always try to make it magnetic, unless there's things inside and then it would be too heavy causing your clip to fall out. :D

small update

updateing what i got before i go to bed (yawn) but i added some detail to the triger also i cut out the little slot thing.
dmr2002.jpg
dmr2001.jpg

im also starting work on the scope yayz

dmr2004.jpg

also i was going to go with a 3 fingered hold but now am woundering if i should extend the handle any input?

DMR3001.jpg

lastly, i was thinking about adding some lights and electronics dose this sound like a good idea yes no maby so?

Update :D

Update started the scope today just got the body done :D. i have to fiberglass it yet and then get the eye peaces and do a bit of sanding but....(takes a breath) i will get that done lator >,<
DMR4002.jpg
DMR4001.jpg

Update

got the pull slide done, and it MOVES :Dtryed to show that but failed o well.
dmr5007.jpg
dmr5009.jpg
dmr5002.jpg

i would love any and all feed back...

Mabey some dummy rounds in the clip when its done? Looks real good so far

EDIT : Or you could do an ammo counter and put a light behind it? Make it out of some type of plastic then tint the area around the numbers so the light doesn't get through as much if at all

something like this

Screenshot.ashx?fid=17981792&size=medium.jpg

Plan is to wire in a ammo counter that's back lit and maby some other lights and the hide the battery's in the clip, though I might hide them with a dummy round. So thankyou for that idea :)

thoughts?

after sifting through the 405th and then other websites gun builds i realized that my DMR was super under par when compaired. so my goal is to make a DMR replica that is as close as i can posibly make it. in light of this i was hopeing that the 405th could help me with this. if any reader has a flat DMR in which the image is not sligtly turned that would be great, also i would love all comments and criticism on what needs to be fixed.

so heres what im starting with
dmr7001.jpg
dmr7002.jpg
hgd001.jpg
DMR6001.jpg
DMR4002.jpg

now this is a pic of all the stuff im fixing.
red is what is being fixed
green is complete removal
blue is details being replaced
dmr703-1.jpg

tell me what you think, and please help me by criticizing my work

1/4 update

not realy an update, after talking to Spitfire22V,Devious, and marshon i decided to go with a mix of foam board + useing my current work as a base to work off. this weekend i got some supplies such as foam board, and foam mat:D.
dmr8001.jpg

i will try to work on it this week but with a week and 3 days left of school, theres going to be lots of homework:p and i probly wont have time to work on it :C. anyways thanks for fallowing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back