Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reach EOD helmet

Reach EOD helmet

Hey everybody, Im going to attempt to finish my Reach EOD helmet, I pep'd this thing when Ironium Customs release the model, its been sitting in my closet ever since so today while I was looking for the hand plates for my Hayabusa build, I found it laying there and decided to finish hardening it, I don't think I have seen one of these Reach versions completed on the forums yet but I could be wrong, This one shouldn't be to bad to finish up, looks nice and straight, plus it has a box type shape which for means easier with body work, It took me about 5 days to get my Busa helmet smoothed out and that one has all kinds of crazy shapes so this one hopefully will be alot easier, here are a few pics of it hardened I just wanted to show it before I do the body work.

Front view, It looks kind of funky with the air filter attached

Side view, still looks long and funky

Another side view

Resined outside harden with smooth cast 321, inside pic for those of you who must see the inside of the helmet

And here is a pic of the reach helmet next to a H3 EOD, which I may end up finishing up while working on the reach one and get both done, and for some reason the H3 version reminds me of Planet of the Apes

Thanks for checking this out, will post updates

Blog Entries
    looks great, keep up the fantastic work =D
    My photobucket http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/x.../halo%20stuff/
    My noble 6 build/ reach AR build http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...-Noble-6-armor
    My XBL GT: WakeJunkie message me saying that you are from the 405th =D

Have some update pics finally, I have been slowly working on this helmet, got it all smoothed out, added details, cut the visor part out, I think its about ready for paint, sorry I didn't take progress pics but you probably don't want to see the bondo sanding process, I think the end results are better, I have noticed that there are some diffrences in this model versus the game model which makes it a little bit tricky to add certain details and get the look right, the air filters are too long but im not complaining, let me know what you guys think

Thanks for looking

Wow that looks really amazing good. What kind of tool (or cutting blade) that you use to cut the visor area?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperballistik View Post
    Have some update pics finally, I have been slowly working on this helmet, got it all smoothed out, added details, cut the visor part out, I think its about ready for paint, sorry I didn't take progress pics but you probably don't want to see the bondo sanding process, I think the end results are better, I have noticed that there are some diffrences in this model versus the game model which makes it a little bit tricky to add certain details and get the look right, the air filters are too long but im not complaining, let me know what you guys think

Thanks for looking

Wow, great sculpting on with bondo work. Beautifully smooth surfaces with crisp edges. Nice work man
    "That helmet makes you look like a Master Chief bobble head!"
    -my student's reaction to the first attempt at a pep MC Helmet
    WHS Red vs. Blue Build WIP

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1973 View Post
    Wow that looks really amazing good. What kind of tool (or cutting blade) that you use to cut the visor area?
    Thanks, I used a dremel with the cutting wheel, cut out as close to the edge as I can, then I use a sanding wheel and smooth it dow to the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Starvinartist80 View Post
    Wow, great sculpting on with bondo work. Beautifully smooth surfaces with crisp edges. Nice work man
    Thanks man

Another update
    Started the painting process a few days ago, Yes I painted it yellow, I had the can just sitting in my garage and since I really don't plan to use this helmet for anything but to practice my bodywork and painting on, I decided what the hell why not. I still need to add a few more details especially with the air filter areas, I need to weather it and scratch it up a little and add the visor. So here is what I have so far, I probably will not get a chance to work on it for a few days so hopefully my next update its finished, So how does the school bus yellow look? thanks for looking

Blog Entries
    DAM!!!!! that looks awesome man fantastic work and it looks like you worked very very fast =D
    My photobucket http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/x.../halo%20stuff/
    My noble 6 build/ reach AR build http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...-Noble-6-armor
    My XBL GT: WakeJunkie message me saying that you are from the 405th =D

Really like the colors on that, nice and defined, and the black makes the yellow pop out real nice. Great work!

What is the pep inside of the helmet though? Kind of looks like a skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrider9 View Post
    Really like the colors on that, nice and defined, and the black makes the yellow pop out real nice. Great work!

What is the pep inside of the helmet though? Kind of looks like a skull.
    Yeah its a skull, it was the second pep I ever attempted thats why its all out of wack and full of pen marks, I saw it laying on a shelf and wanted to see if it would fit in the helmet, thanks for the comments guys

Heres the skull in case you were wondering