Reach EOD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!! this is amazing! really really amazing. you were able to get it so smooth, and painted so well. really good job

Wow, somehow I missed the finished product. That thing looks incredible!! Fantastic work, I especially like the caution decals on the sides.

-Matt

Thanks for the comments everyone

@ mkshane Unfortunatly im not done with the helmet yet, I need to install the visor and still weather the black areas, Its just to darn hot outside, so I haven't had to urge to go outside and work on the helmet, I will end up working on it today just later in the evening when its cooler

Hey everybody, I still need to get the lens installed in the helmet, I did finish up weathering the black parts, all I did was scratch it up a bit with 200 grit sandpaper to give it a weathered worn look, I didn't take pics of it yet, I will do that once I get the lens in. Also a few people mentioned about molding this helmet, I wasn't going to do it , but I do want to try and learn to mold so I repep'd another EOD helmet to use for making a mold, while the current one looks good and straight it does have a few mess ups that would show up in a cast, so yeserday I peped out a new helmet that everything is nice and straight and no warps, In pics there is alot of resin bumps that will have to be taken care of, also some bondo work I should have the body work done in a day or two, this time I will post updates on how I add the details to help some of you guys out who think the helmet looks so detailed, once you see how I do it, you will see how easy it is to do, on to the pictures the helmet is resined on the outside and hardened with smooth cast on the inside

DSC04690.jpg

DSC04691.jpg

DSC04692.jpg

DSC04693.jpg

DSC04694.jpg

Inside of the helmet also got the rebreathers on better than the other helmet, If you want to see how the other helmet looks go bach a few pages for pics of it
DSC04695.jpg

What I would do would be to mould the breathers appart from the helmet, and then do a 2-parts mould of the helmet. Great work BTW ;)

That
is
so
bueatiful

I just wanna ask what kind of paint did you use? What did you use for the Matte White and the battle damage?

That
is
so
bueatiful

I just wanna ask what kind of paint did you use? What did you use for the Matte White and the battle damage?

Thanks for the comment, For paint I used Rustoleum gloss yellow rattle can spray paint, the areas you are calling matte white are actually gray and i used primer gray for those areas, and the ballte damage was done by black washing the helmet with a water based black acrylic paint that i water down let it dry a little then rub it off with an old tee shirt and the scratches were done using the typical silver dry brush method also I scratched of paint on edges to give it the paint chiped effect

This thing will be something alot of people will want. See if you can mould it.

That the plan hope to try out molding as I do want to learn the process

On a side note, i have had my son over who does not live with me, for the past week so I haven't had a chance to do much to the new helmet or get the visor installed on the yellow one, hope to get back on both of them tomorrow, its my day off so I may get a chance to work on it.

Small update, got the visor installed, I used a smoke lens for a paintball mask and it fit pretty good I still had to heat the center of the lens so it could bend to the helmets shape, also put the round silver things in the back part of the rebreather filters, there is a small detail still missing in the back of the rebreathers I may still put them in when I have some extra time, otherwise this helmet is done, now I have a new bookstop to put on the shelf, as for the other EOD helmet I am making to learn how to mold I did get a little bondo work done but it was raining most of the day so I gave up the lighting was bas and it was to humid for primer to dry quickly, so looks like a few more days till I get the base of the helmet done

Yellow helmet pretty much done with smoke visor installed

DSC04706.jpg

In this pic you can see the silver round thing in the back of the rebreather, added to look more game accurate
DSC04704.jpg

DSC04703.jpg

The helmet looks really great hyper. You have done an amazing job on it.

Moulding it would be tricky, but heres a great idea, seal the neckhole, and split the mould vertically. This should give you a non-hollow helmet mould. Then, put a buck in that it will get moulded around, and when it is moulded, open the mould, then pull the buck out of the helmet. It should leave a large hollow area in the helmet. Then remove the area for the visor, rinse, and repeat.

I WANT one of these! Great job as always!

Thanks man, I pretty much have the helmet ready for molding, just a few detail parts and its done, but I started messing around with an old Hayabusa helmet I had sitting in my garage that needed a little tlc so i kinda strayed away from the EOD but I will try and get it done sometime this week, Thanks for the comment

This is just a huge, steamy, pile of EPIC!! This is the best EOD helmet i have ever seen! Its fantastic!!

Thanks man, actually my 2nd EOD helmet which is about finished (I finally got most of the details done today) looks alot better than the yellow one, sorry I didn't take pics of it yet because im to lazy

Sorry its been a while since I posted anything such as updates on my 2nd EOD helmet, I got a case of its to hot in my garage to work on my helmets syndrome. but I did manage to get a little more finished on the EOD, got most of the little pits and imperfections out of the bondo work and a little bit of the helmet details in, I still have to add more details and cut some lines in so Im almost ready for paint so here are some pics, I know you don't see much progress but trust me its there

DSC04732.jpg

DSC04735.jpg

Yes that is a low spot on the back of the helmet gotta fix that

DSC04736.jpg

Thats it for now thanks for looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back