Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Blog Entries
    So, FRG next?
    Amazing work on the Plasma Repeater, Satchmo!
    Wish I Had a Damn Jetpack.- Jun S-266
    MJOLNIR Mk VI Female Torso Thread:http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...dies-REMODELED!!
    Remember Reach. Remember Delta-7.

you are a Beast

Hey Satchmo! Havent heard from ya in a while! How is your build coming?

Satchmo, for a new build of mine, I wished to create a needler using your file as a base. While working with the original file, I discovered it was much too small. After going in-game and using proportions to determine the actual life size of the needler to be 68.2 cm, I decided that life size was slightly too large. Therefore, given a spartan was 6 and a half feet tall, I scaled the needler to be proportionate to a 6 foot man. With a final measurement of 62.9 I re-scaled the file, redid the unfold and am undergoing the construction process, this time being much more satisfied with the new size. For the benefit of the forums, and possibly for your own interest, here is that file. Needler Life Sized
    -Andrew out
    Crazy? Crazy is just your perspective. I'm determined.

ADD UPDATE...

Reach commando helmet (sourced from concept artwork) has been added to the beginning of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HaloGoddess View Post
    I'm actually fond of the sliced models. I wish there were more of them. Simply because you don't need to worry about winding up with a prop weapon that is hollow on the inside and have to figure out how to harden it without ruining it! XD Although I personally think that using a rondo mixture and then slush casting the inside of a weapon is the best way to harden it.
    I have yet to build a sliced model but I do like the slush-cast method of hardening a pepakura build (though one must be careful not warp the paper before or during the slushing).

Quote Originally Posted by SPRTNBD50 View Post
    Satchmo III, you are the awesomest person on earth right now!
    Agreed. Just kidding...you're going to give me a Madonna-complex.

Quote Originally Posted by ACDCrockr209 View Post
    Dude. YES!!!

Thank you sooo much!!!
    You're welcome, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by koshima07 View Post
    So, FRG next?
    Amazing work on the Plasma Repeater, Satchmo!
    Thanks, koshima07...there are a number of in-game reference images sitting on my file-share right now (I think these will be the last images that will be on my file-share since Bungie stopped managing it). Unfortunately I haven't begun to plot out any verticies yet...I'd like to see one built though...maybe you should give this one a shot (I could relay the references to you...let me know).

Quote Originally Posted by Pappa Midnight View Post
    you are a Beast
    Thanks, brutha.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSchlenn View Post
    Hey Satchmo! Havent heard from ya in a while! How is your build coming?
    Still in flux.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadus27 View Post
    Satchmo, for a new build of mine, I wished to create a needler using your file as a base...I scaled the needler...redid the unfold and am undergoing the construction process...
    I hope you're make good headway on your build.
    ┌ NO BULL ──┐ > Model portfolio
    └───── TEAM ┘ > Project portfolio

ADD UPDATE...

Come 4th my son. Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet has been added to the beginning of the thread. Much thanks to harnor for allowing me to work with his original model and share it here.

Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet and Reach commando helmet concept came out great thanks for the files satchmo keep it up

ADD UPDATE...

Conceptualize. Reach concept helmet #2 added to the beginning of the thread.

I'm asking the community to provide an unfold for this one. If you'd like to participate please send me a PM or post with a link to your unfold. If more than one unfold is provided I'll either select the best one or put links to them all at the beginning of the thread (I will upload the file to my file share to maintain it in the thread). I hope to see someone take up the charge. Thanks four-o-five.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbucu View Post
    Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet and Reach commando helmet concept came out great thanks for the files satchmo keep it up
    Thanks, tumbucu. I hope to see people be able to utilize them.

My unfold of the lid should be up later on today, buddy.
    Orbital Drop Shock Pony ODST Build.
    http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...808#post514808
    ODSP: ORBITAL DROP SHOCK PONY
    "Ponies, we're raining love from above!" GT: WarPony38

UNFOLD UPDATE...

Tit for tat. Thank you to harnor for unfolding the concept #2 helmet. The link to the unfold is now included at the beginning of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ACDCrockr209 View Post
    My unfold of the lid should be up later on today, buddy.
    If you'd still like to send something in, please do.