Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADD UPDATE...

RIP KAT. The Halo 4 Air Assault helmet has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

Halo4helmetairassaultpepref2_zps4e06aa15.png

http://1drv.ms/1oLy5z9

I've been tinkering with some very rudimentary rendering in blender. In addition to the air assault render below I updated the summary image at the beginning of the thread (you should check it out).

H4HAArender1_zps7a1499b5.png

I try not to fill up your page with useless post. But every now and then, I just have to stop in and Say how Awesome your work is. Thank you for sharing Your hard work :)

Thanks much thorn696. I haven't heard from you in a while and hope you are well. I really appreciate the feed-back.

I'll admit that it disheartens me a bit when little to no one comments in the thread. I would like to hear what people think of the models.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADD UPDATE...

RIP KAT. The Halo 4 Air Assault helmet has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

Halo4helmetairassaultpepref2_zps4e06aa15.png

http://1drv.ms/1oLy5z9

ahh... sweet :) i love that helmet. iam currently working on the recon helmet for my h4 suit. for the torso ive chosen the recon suit but now iam working on the CIO chest piece.
I will build this helmet until i get the rest of the armor done as a second helmet and ive to tell you, that i love the less detailed but smooth file. hate all those ridiculous details which never comes out after the hardening process.

request: could you take a look at my project for the help purpose. i want to do this by myself but ive very low skills in 3d design. is it possible that you could give me some tips or take a look on the file at the end? would help alot.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/41162-Halo-4-CIO-Chest-model-WIP

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit that it disheartens me a bit when little to no one comments in the thread. I would like to hear what people think of the models.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. Excellent work as always. Would you mind looking over my air assault chest piece. Just to see what you think about it or if any changes are needed.

Would you mind looking over my air assault chest piece. Just to see what you think about it or if any changes are needed.

you have an air assault chest going? do you have any progress pics? i will finish my project with the CIO chest, but iam really interested in the air assault chest too.

edit: okay, ive spotted your thread :)

I'll admit that it disheartens me a bit when little to no one comments in the thread. I would like to hear what people think of the models.

Well I dunno man I can't criticize because satchmo's models are always truly complete when they are released so all I can say to all of these is:

*YOINK* FANTASTICO

It kind of is a shame to see little appreciation for these, but if people are still using them it's all good right?

Even without the active voice Satchmo, we all appreciate what you do. Keep it up mate

Sometimes, it's a little hard to put my appreciation into words.
Have some quick samples of what most of us are probably thinking then:
"Wow"
"That's bloody amazing"
"How the f* do you create such an efficient model and unfold?"
"All my models look bad next to these"

It will be a sad day if/when you leave.
We really do appreciate both you and all the work you put in to these, even if we don't say it sometimes.

CJ

Satchmo, To be honest your models are absolutely beautiful... I have not built any yet but have assembled some only in paper and they are so nice to build. I need to stop being so scatter brained and actually complete a helmet, fiberglass and all..

Satchmo, trust me. I bet a lot of people visit your thread here and there just to admire your models. I, for one, do just that. Sometimes I use your models as inspiration, sometimes I just look at them cause they're damn good eye candy. You're a role model man! You're one of the reasons why I even bothered modelling from scratch- heck, the very reason why I gained interest in 3D modelling in the first place. Keep up the good work buddy, I'll make sure to drop in from time to time. That Air Assault is just a thing of beauty btw, just like the others! :)

I'm guilty of lurking but not posting. Your thread got me to recently download blender and start playing with it. Many times I have checked this thread and thought I have to build that if my Mark V ever gets done. Your work is great and very appreciated.

awesome work brother I haven't been on the 405th in a little while but it's always awesome to see your pep files you really do some top notch work I really like your metal gear solid 2 and metal gear rising revengeance cyborg helmets very cool thank you so much for all these awesome files

Hey guys I'm trying to do 3D Animations of Halo Characters do you guys know anywhere to download a Locus Helmet or Locus Armor

Hey guys I'm trying to do 3D Animations of Halo Characters do you guys know anywhere to download a Locus Helmet or Locus Armor

One: try to not necropost. This thread is almost a year dead, it's considered bad form to pull it out from the graves after this long.
Two: this isn't the thread to be making requests in. We have a dedicated Requests thread already, make any model requests you have there.
Three: check the Archive, dummy. I personally have all Halo 4 armour assets already uploaded there - do your research before making requests.

Jesus! Read the post above you! "One: try to not necropost. This thread is almost a year dead, it's considered bad form to pull it out from the graves after this long."

Ease up. The post is only a few weeks out from mine, and was a 'thank you' post that's considered on-topic rather than a generic off-topic response. I wouldn't call that a 'necropost' - let this one slide.

these pep files from page one aren't showing up in my downloads folder after i download them from 4shared. Can anyone help with this?

these pep files from page one aren't showing up in my downloads folder after i download them from 4shared. Can anyone help with this?

I don't think it's an issue with the service. Have you verified that you've selected your downloads folder for where the file is to save?

Re: Model summary and request log

i have a question i downloaded the E.O.D helmet file and tried to open it but my computer says it needs a application to open it can you direct me to what application exactly? thanks in advance for the help and models!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back