My repaint and additions to the rubies halo armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is the pictures of my Recon shoulders painted to my new color specs and I put in the pics of my Magnum that I got from Squid_Squir he did a awesome job.

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680-1.jpg

IMG_0682-1.jpg

IMG_0683-1.jpg

Love the color, want the magnum, and would like to know more about the pressure suit you use.

It is a motocross jacket with all the arm padding and chest protectors removed you can find it at the link below, It breathes great and moves with ease I wear a black stay cool underarmor long sleeve under it also, I went out here in washington on our hottest day of the year 80 deg lol and no issues with over heating. I use 3m industrial strength snaps no Velcro its like Velcro but both sides have hard black little hooks on them to hold the armor pieces on the jacket.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...cross+Jacket+(@TPROTECTOR1000-Black)+&x=0&y=0

To add to my suit I have ran into the issue with not understanding people that well when they are talking to me so to combat this issue I think I am got to run a sound amplifier outside in the suit hidden, and run ear buds into the helmet, and to fix the talking back issue use A voice changer, I am going to strip it down and mount it on the inside of my chest piece. That is what I am doing next just waiting on shipping.

Just shove a piece of dowel in it, and paint the dowel orange. That or make an orange cover for the tip, or put a piece of orange tape on the front.

shouldn't you put an orange tip on the magnum, if your going out because that could be mistaken as real.

No... I have gone out in public many times no issues in the event of a issue I have a piece of orange tape on hand to take care of the issue. If they have a no weapon sticker on the window or posted stating in the area no weapons allowed I don't go there with it, I have a very large weapon collection and you you know anything about pistols you can tell right off the bat that it is not real in anyway, but I have my carrier licences in Washington all you got to do to get one is pay $55 and fill out a form at the court house or local sheriffs office and wait for 6 weeks for background check I love America. So I am allowed to carry a concealed weapon and when I have my pistol on me no one says anything, Never had a issue with the prop.

Ok newest addition to my suit is getting my droid to be usable when wearing here is what I did found the slimiest holster and grinded the back off then riveted it to the forearm piece will come in handy at pax this year.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

MMMMM I wish I could have mounted mine as simple and cleanly as yours.
However, I found that it is a DREAM to have the smartphone on the forearm, rather on the hip.
Nice work! :)

MMMMM I wish I could have mounted mine as simple and cleanly as yours.
However, I found that it is a DREAM to have the smartphone on the forearm, rather on the hip.
Nice work! :)

Thx, I was going to go all crazy on it by bondoing it on so its apart of the armor piece but changed my mind because im not the best at detailing bondo. But after pax I start my new armor from scratch ill do that for my new forearms.

This is beautiful! I can't believe that was rubies armor at the start!

Thx the more I look back at the first time I put it on and how uncomfortable it was and how the armor was poorly painted and put together I realize how much better it looks now.

Ok figured out what to do to mount my magnum on my hip and figured it out and it works great bought a cell clip pack off of ebay for 2 dollars and attached the nub thing to the gun and holster/housing for the nub to the side of the hip tested it out jumped around put weight on it no issues. I also fixed the problem with not being able to be heard ie a mic with amp, here is the link to the item. I also found two more but the price is higher and the boxes are smaller so the more ya spend the smaller they get but you can always dissemble and mount the components in your armor if you wish. Do to the time between pax and now I will try to hide it my best but not dissemble not enough time to get another one and get it shipped better safe then sorry.
http://www.amazon.com/Audio2000s-AW...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1313034605&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-Bla...2X56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313035258&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-MR2...Q3HE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313035258&sr=8-2

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Nice work. I'm still debating to go with the rare earth magnets or your method cell clip method.

Nice work. I'm still debating to go with the rare earth magnets or your method cell clip method.

tried the earth magnet and jumped up and down and there went my gun took a bit but it fell, I am using a earth magnet for my grenade works great for the light weight of it, ill post a pic once I finish detailing it. If your magnets got the strength go with the magnets wish I could, but due to the fact my magnum is solid piece of plastic it is a little heavy.

It is getting close to crunch time before pax so i'm buckling down and finishing the additions to my armor. I got the blue leds almost put in every piece of armor, I changed out my orange leds with wide light blue leds very happy with them because instead of putting out light in a straight angle these emit light outward looks way better and I can use less leds. I also added back armor pieces to the arms and almost got my boots done had to make a piece to cover the heel of my boot because the rubies only cove the top of the boot and toe, I will post images when I get the flex pipe I ordered to fill in the gaps.

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back