UNSC Reach Trooper WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Jr Member
This would be my 5th armor and i need something compact. All of my armor are made by pep and fiberglass. This also would be the first time i gonna use foam. Not EVA foam. i dont know what its called but i got this when i was in japan a few months back.

Apparently this type of foam is the most common used foam for their armors. i dont have a thick one and i only managed to buy 2 of it and some already used for my Tron costume disc holder. Will try to source out the foam today at crafts shop.

My Hero For This Build Is TD2253 and Sgt Forge . Awesome job on their build and i hope i can make one like theirs. wont be as good as theirs tho .

My plan is : urban desert digital camo BDU, brown tactical boots, black half finger glove, modified ODST helm, motorcycle back protector , LED's, pouches, black belt, one sided shoulder and kukri.

My goal is to get it done by World Cosplay Summit in Nagoya,Japan. Still two months time. lots of time . since lately im pretty much busy with work and all . even right after i wrote this post, i had to drive somewhere 6 hours for some offsite work. and still there.

anyway, here's what i wanted to do . the left guy ..you can check my photobucket album here

ReachConcept_SoldierVariant.png

Sounds awesome. I love marine/reach trooper armor. Cant wait to see some pictures, especially if you're going the same great quality of those guys

UPDATE 6.27PM 2nd June 2011
I been looking since morning till just now for the foam i bought in japan and it looks like its impossible to get here in Malaysia. I also tried finding those foam they used but cant find it as well . EVA is totally out of the question here. We even have difficulties looking for craft-foam. Sigh . as expected. but a friend of mine told me a warehouse for art supplies somewhere. so i will drive there tonight to get it. Its an hour plus drive so i hope they do have some sort of foam i can use.

Sounds awesome. I love marine/reach trooper armor. Cant wait to see some pictures, especially if you're going the same great quality of those guys
yeah me too ... i love the mobility ... ahaha .. i hope.. never done anything scratch build especially with foam ... im pretty sure i wont get it as high quality as theirs

oh this build is going to be sweet. I can just tell good luck dude :)
thanks mate

I have sources to Craft Foam, Big pieces, 3mm for RM8.
And you can't really call it a WIP if you don't have any profile pictures.

i dont want craft foam and i need thicker . craft foam is too flimsy to work with . i tot balakor already said that "pics or it never happens" thing is annoying ..looks like people is still doing it . no picture isnt mean i havent done anything YET ..

i dont want craft foam and i need thicker . craft foam is too flimsy to work with . i tot balakor already said that "pics or it never happens" thing is annoying ..looks like people is still doing it . no picture isnt mean i havent done anything YET ..

I too think that craft foam is annoying at some points, but for me, as a substitute, I layer the craft foam so its thicker. Btw, were you the Spartan at Comic Fiesta with the Ears, Tail and Sniper?

even with layers of that thing which i have something similar and alot of it, it still not rigid enough. its still flimsy no matter how thick u make it. errr ... maybe ...

Well if you are, lets Troop CF this year, I'll be a Reach MKV Spartan(Check my progress thread) along with Red-109 and his sis.......and we might have an Elite Ultra this year :D

i will not be in malaysia at that time. RED-109 as in Red Hanif ? the noble six guy last year CF ? if yes, i dont want to know anything about that cheater .

some that i might used for this build from my CQB armor mutation .
SDC14565.jpg

been bloody hell busy with work .. but i did some today .. here it is ..
SDC14579.jpg

SDC14585.jpg

SDC14591.jpg

SDC14592.jpg

SDC14602.jpg

SDC14605.jpg

SDC14606.jpg

details will be put soon ..

more progress. the helm is based on ODST helm . removed the jaw and visor part. added other small details.

SDC14608.jpg

SDC14611.jpg

SDC14613.jpg

SDC14614.jpg

Currently im in a hospital . Mom got admitted since monday. Didnt work at all since that. Also im ran out of foams. Need to find more first next week.

well im back in Tokyo. With my hectic schedule, i still manage to get it done somehow. and i also managed to make a small armor for my dollfie . LOL

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

_MG_2891.jpg

tonari1.jpg

tonari6.jpg

Status