Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha!

The grunt funeral is pretty funny, though it seems a little cheap in my opinion. Its kind of like having an unlimited supply of plasma grenades, makes it a little too easy it seems. Regardless it is pretty cool!

Like i said its just my opinion, what do the rest of you guys think?

I'm on the edge of my seat for this game. This is Epic!

Meh, i did worse when i modded Halo 2. One plasma blows up, two spawn from the explosion than make four more, than 8, than 16... you get the picture. Too bad it crashed Xbox's because it got past 200 in less than 5 seconds lol.

The Grunt Funeral looks stupid. Thats great that they blow up like a plasma grenade, but really? A pre-order bonus? It's not even entertaining like Grunt Birthday Party is. How lame 343. How lame. I wish 343 had fourms like Bungie did so I can tell them how lame they are.

Oh and another thing,

won't the grunt funeral just make your battles less epic anyway.

I mean imagine this... You come upon a large group of covenant and you think to yourself mhmm i want to be a badass (cuz your master cheif so why not). At this point you run into the group of covenant guns blazing and of coarse you drop sum grunts first... next thing you know your watching your body fly across the screen with a background chorus of elites laughing because you over zealously forgot about grunt funeral and charged right into the blast radius in the midst of an epic attack!

Though it would be kinda funny... its just got multiple epic fail written all over it

Just food for thought :p

I dont see why you guys are complaining about the new effect i dont remember anyone saying anything bad the halo 2 grunt birthday party skull. where headshots turned them into insta plasma grenades.

Honestly saw this coming after reading all the novels and H3

When cortana also said it could be years before they would be found before they even show the planet in the cliffhanger ending of H3

I know it's halo 4 and all but you kinda get tired of seeing numbers in titles, anyone agree...... Saw series, Final Destinations series

But yes it will truly be epic.... I hope. A new trilogy to expand on what we still don't know

The other Spartan IIs, Spartan IIIs, the forerunners, the precursors, plus now coveys are allies so they might be helping us out at least elites anyway

Last but not least a whole new Gen of armor and weapons to pep and make

While I do see where you guys are coming from about the grunt funneral skull , remember people , its OPTIONAL lol I think alot of people will have fun with this skull.

I think it'll be a fun little add-on to play with. I'm fairly sure 343 isn't a complete POS developer just because they made their own version of the optional hint hint hint you can turn it off genius Grunt Birthday Party skull. Get over it.

I'm not all that excited about Halo 4, although I'll wait to see exactly what the story is about. Halo CE Anniversary is looking very interesting, though. I just wish they would release it for the PC.

Somehow, I doubt any Covenant can be written into Halo 4's script.

I wouldn't write off the covenant completely just yet. Even though chances are they have nothing to do with this story at all. I find it hard to believe that after 7 games (Anniversary included) that they cut the Covenant completely from the game. I'm sure we'll see a reference, cameo or something big or small to do with covenant forces, or a remnant species after the Covenant. Hell, it could even be a weapon or object found within the wreckage of the frigate left behind by the Arbiter or part of the various weapons taken by Sgt Johnson before they enter the portal.

It just wouldn't be Halo without them or even a hint of them.

Did anyone else notice 343 Guilty Spark in the reflection of Chiefs visor in the cover art?

Guiltyspark.jpg

Jacob

God, my mind is truly out of whack. It's been so long since I played 3 I've even forgotten that the covenant and humans have reached a truce. Where has my mind been all this time? Oh, right, studies and teaching. Ugh. I need to get back into this stuff.

I'm torn. I'm not sure whether to be happy at the remake/new halo, or to be irritated. Part of me is gleeful because, well, duh, another halo (yaaayyee!!!) But part of me is like, "Well, they said there wouldn't be another after 3, so, hm. Are they just scrounging for money, now?" And as far as the CE remake goes, part of me is like, "I really don't feel like shelling out a ton of money for a game I pretty much already have," but the other side of me is like, "I get to play my favorite game in the series all over again, and live through it as if it was brand new, just like when I was a kid and first discovered it."

Again, I'm really torn. My inner geek is gleeful, but the side of me that has become jaded and skeptical about the video game industry is just wondering if this isn't just another money-making scheme. Because it seems major game studios are opting more for things that give them the most money, rather than the things that give gamers the most fun--original concepts, fresh content, brain-melting new ideas, and more fun than the typical stuff we've grown so used to but which feeds our mindless addictions. Even if it is substance-less, we play it anyway. And the big companies are soaking it all up. (end jaded rant)

But. Halo: CE. Mmmmmm.

I wonder if they will keep armor customization, and griffball. I <3 griffball. I think I got my 1st killionaire in griffball...

To noodle, dude you could just buy CE Aniversary a week or two after it's out and buy it used, or just rent it Gamefly

It's been a while since I've shelled out bnib price for a game, that and my H3 360 vid card died on me, now I'm suffering through withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back