Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
got armour is right, Onyx was glassed and it wasn't a shield planet created by the original Didact. If in fact what we see in the end of the Halo 4 trailer is a shield planet. The shield planets were the plan of the original Didact as an alternative to the Halo rings. It's my belief that we are looking at a new trilogy that introduces more information on the Forerunners, precursors and maybe even the Timeless One. If Cryptum is to be believed that is.
it wasnt glassed, it was literally Destroyed.

Many employees? You mean 5? One of which never really made anything in the game?

And what does the name have to do with anything? 343i was made to shovel out Halos for Microsoft, since Bungie didn't want to milk it out.

Does anyone realize that 343i has worked on every Halo game since Halo 2????

4 or 5 out of all those Bungie employees is really stretching it. They seem to be outsourcing everything and just "overseeing" it too, even though Microsoft has their own internal game studios. It is kinda strange to me.

Yeah, I know that... But that dude who wanted to change the core of halo and add a japanese influence was, well, stupid. Halo's already had a taste of japanese influence with halo legends which, I add, was epic. Changing the core aspects of halo would make me turn my head in disgust.

I take particular issue with this post so I'm going to reply despite being 6 days late to the punch:

As far as "Milking It" goes, Bungie didn't leave because they didn't want to Milk the franchise they left to create new games and expand to more than just halo
Right, because they were milking the franchise. No one wants to be stuck making games for the same franchise for eternity, unless they want the reputation that comes with it. Electronic Arts, anyone?

honestly, 5 halo games would be enough for me to work on before i wanted something new. Saying that Halo is just being milked to death is just... well....
Saying that Halo is just being milked to death is just... well... pretty much exactly what you stated was, and will be, done. 343 Industries' creation is pretty tangible proof that Microsoft is going to milk the cash cow until its dying day.

Not every game that lasts is getting milked, is it impossible that it lasts because its good?
It's possible, but not common, that a genuinely good game lasts to see a sequel or two. Staying power does not directly correlate with being a good, or even decent, game, however.

By using "Milking" than it must not be good?
That is one of the defining properties of a milked franchise, yes.

Hell, if any game is getting milked its Call Of Duty who is already at 8 games and going 15 if you count the others, but yet, its not because its a darn good game and has earned the right to go on just like Halo.
Call of Duty is perhaps the best example of a milked franchise currently in existence. It's not so much that it's a horrible game (I personally think it is but that's for another discussion), but the fact that it changes so little between iterations, much like every EA Sports title that people shell out $60 for every year.

Milking is a term that should be left for farmers.
Or people who have found an alternative use for the word that makes sense in context. e.g. this usage.

I may be wrong, i may eat my words later. But at this point in time 343i is doing a stand up job and doing justice to the franchise.
I agree, they're doing a great job with Halo CE:A, at least from what I can tell from videos. But the announcement of a new trilogy alongside it made it quite clear that the Halo cow is having calves, and those poor suckers are already being sent to whatever decrepit factory Microsoft wants to operate.

Moral of the story: Halo is a milked franchise, and will continue to be one.

Quick comp of the Mk V Helmets:

HelmetsComp.jpg

343 changed the anniversary helmet to it's original state in the original Halo: CE. The reason why it was unporportionate in the trailer was because thhey were not able to fix it in time before the commercial would be aired (or something like that).

343 changed the anniversary helmet to it's original state in the original Halo: CE. The reason why it was unporportionate in the trailer was because thhey were not able to fix it in time before the commercial would be aired (or something like that).
What do you mean by fix? the trailer was the alpha build along with the alpha model of chief. It was just an early model nothing was broken.

@ImaGonnaGetYou: I have to respectfully disagree with you... To say Halo is being milked? Maybe, but I, along with many other Halo fans, wanted to see Master Chief's story continued... or at least see Halo continued in some fashion.

I will say this: When Halo starts getting millions of eye rolling and facepalming when the words "another Halo" pops up, (I'm looking at you Star Wars), that's when it has, in my opinion, become milked.

@ImaGonnaGetYou: I have to respectfully disagree with you... To say Halo is being milked? Maybe, but I, along with many other Halo fans, wanted to see Master Chief's story continued... or at least see Halo continued in some fashion.

I will say this: When Halo starts getting millions of eye rolling and facepalming when the words "another Halo" pops up, (I'm looking at you Star Wars), that's when it has, in my opinion, become milked.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Yep. Well put.
And I'm tired of the 3D version of the Clone Wars. I miss the hand-drawn, five-minute episodes...

Thanks guys. That's how I feel on the subject. When Halo: The prequels happens, I know all is lost. lol. XD

I don't know if it's already been discussed but, how's the Scorpion's machine gun going to work in CEA?
I've been wondering...any thoughts :confused

Halo: Reach. It already happened.
Well at least those who didn't read the novels can enjoy the campaign... Most who watched the Star Wars prequels didn't read any of the expanded universe content and still didn't like the prequels. lol.

Plus I am still in denial... I kinda like the campaign... It needs some help to make everything fit, but I kinda liked it. (Lack of scarab battles didn't amuse me, though.) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back