WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave for 3 weeks and look what happens! A finished set of armor, and what a beauty it is! Congratulations, the armor looks very bit as fantastic as I, and I'm sure many others, knew it would turn out to be! :)

what scale are the pieces? for the shoulder forarm and handplate?

To be honest I don't remember all the scale factors used. And even if I did, you are better off to scale your armor directly for yourself because of the difference in body types. Check out the Noob Reading List sticky for links to scaling tutorials. They really make the process easy.

I leave for 3 weeks and look what happens! A finished set of armor, and what a beauty it is! Congratulations, the armor looks very bit as fantastic as I, and I'm sure many others, knew it would turn out to be! :)

Thanks man. I am really happy with how it turned out. There are some minor tweaks I'd like to make here and there. Mostly for mobility, but all in all I'm really satisfied. Now it's on to the other suits, so we have a good crew ready for Halo CE Anniversary release.

Edit: Oh wow, I just realized I'm an Infantryman now. LOL don't know how I missed that.

"Edit: Oh wow, I just realized I'm an Infantryman now. LOL don't know how I missed that."

Congrats :cool

Here's a link to the Photobucket Ref. Pic's as promised.

Let me know if you need more. ( I have allot )

th_nig_noble_six02.jpg

i've been meaning to ask for a while now. When you made the sliced M6G mkB pistol, what sort of glue did you use? because i was planning to give it a go, but it seems like Hot Glue might not be the best idea...

Okay, so I know I said I was taking a break until school started but I really can't sit still at the apartment for long without needing to do something. So....

Here is what I did the past few nights.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

This was just a practice to learn foam techniques and wrap my brain around the new way of doing things. There are a LOT of mistakes and it is just a tad big. (maybe 2-3 cm overall) When we begin to make the guys suits there will probably be some modifications to do. None of the guys or myself have the chest size to fill the model so we may trim out a little depth so the pieces fit a little better. This is one of the best things I've found about the foam. I can modify on the fly with little to no problems. Overall it came out well. I notice all the mistakes because its my nature but I don't think many others will notice. Heard from one of my guys today and I'll be printing out his helmet within the next day or so. Not much more than that for now. Doubt I'll paint this piece. I want to use it as an example while I'm showing others how to build this way.

Anyway, hope you guys like the teaser of things to come.

What pep file did you use for this? It looks great! Keep up the amazing work! I know you're heard this many times on here, but there need to be more teachers like you out there. Keeping learning relevant and insanely fun at the same time!

Hi starvin.

Great work so far cant wait to see it finished, also cant wait to see how the foam build comes on ( about to start a foam build myself). I've seen throughout this thread how you need to do some fundraising for the materials to continue. How can I donate?. what your doing with these kids is great, and needs to continue, also and I think I speak for all the followers of this thread when I say this, WE WANNA SEE MORE!.
I gave some thought on your need for images of the halo reach armor, goto http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/images.aspx?c=51&page=1 , I found bucketloads of cool hand draw images by the studios that designed the armor, so you get a clear idea of the lines and detail.

Hi starvin.

Great work so far cant wait to see it finished, also cant wait to see how the foam build comes on ( about to start a foam build myself). I've seen throughout this thread how you need to do some fundraising for the materials to continue. How can I donate?. what your doing with these kids is great, and needs to continue, also and I think I speak for all the followers of this thread when I say this, WE WANNA SEE MORE!.
I gave some thought on your need for images of the halo reach armor, goto http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/images.aspx?c=51&page=1 , I found bucketloads of cool hand draw images by the studios that designed the armor, so you get a clear idea of the lines and detail.

Thanks for the link man. I'll have to get back to you about the donations. There lots of hoops for me to jump through when it comes to fundraising in public schools. I'll post info when I get the details. Thanks again to all those on the forum for your support and willingness to help out.

So is it just me, Or does sarges helmet look a tad different shade of red than the rest of your armor?

in this picture

Sarge-002.jpg

So is it just me, Or does sarges helmet look a tad different shade of red than the rest of your armor?

Yes your seeing things correctly. There is a different metallic paint on the undercoat of the helmet which allowed the black-wash to soak in more. The result is a slightly more dull red. It isn't as noticeable in person, but adjusting the contrast caused it to show up more in this image.

But thank you for pointing that out. :) lol

Yes it just what I thought. You're helm looks really smooth, and well crafted. The line work and details are great. The paint is is darker but this allows it to look a little smaller in scale pulling off the super hero look ie. big body little head. Chipped paint look is great just the right amount of wear and tear. Ok I found that blending flaw you were talking about. You didn't have to paint in any of the details that were missed (as I did.) because you put them in you're work already. And adding shadowing to you're work wasn't needed do to the fact that you're able to light you're project and take such great photo's. Thank you tho for the compliment coming from a teacher that means allot

Thanks Thorn,
That is high praise and as an artist I appreciate the specifics in your evaluation. Although, as a perfectionist I see every little nit-picky detail that I missed or got wrong. But all-in-all this has been a great project for me. I teach photography but sculpture has always been my medium of choice. So this has allowed me to share my passion with some of the kids in a much more relaxed environment. I wont' turn this thread into a lecture on the state of US public school politics, but I will simply say that I wish we teachers could create that relaxed environment more often in classes.

On that note, we should be starting back up soon. Next up will be the Church suit and hopefully Caboose. I'll post as the updates come.

Cant wait for the Church build. will you be making an assault rifle for caboose and a sniper for church?

Cant wait for the Church build. will you be making an assault rifle for caboose and a sniper for church?

The easy answer is yes. Unfortunately I have no ideas about when those will come. We have a tight deadline for the suits so our focus needs to be on those. And we still have a rocket launcher to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back