WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone> I'm glad you like the results. It makes all the hard work worth it. Sutekhian: thanks for that, but to be honest the pics do a decent job of hiding the spare tire. Underarmor is not always your friend. LOL

So here is the still-to-do list:
1) Re-pad the COD so it sits in the right place.
2) Mount LEDs throughout the suit.
3) Rework the boot mounting. I may add soles similar to what Sutekhian did.
5) Start detailing the under-suit. Really need to figure out the midsection to hide straps.
6) Finish the SPNKR build.
7) Build a shotgun to complete Sarge

I myself am looking forward to seeing more :D

Thanks to everyone> I'm glad you like the results. It makes all the hard work worth it. Sutekhian: thanks for that, but to be honest the pics do a decent job of hiding the spare tire. Underarmor is not always your friend. LOL

So here is the still-to-do list:
1) Re-pad the COD so it sits in the right place.
2) Mount LEDs throughout the suit.
3) Rework the boot mounting. I may add soles similar to what Sutekhian did.
5) Start detailing the under-suit. Really need to figure out the midsection to hide straps.
6) Finish the SPNKR build.
7) Build a shotgun to complete Sarge

Starvin,
*claps* congrats man, looks wonderful.
I have an idea about number 5. Hiding the straps. its not the best but i think it could work if you do it right. Use foam to cover it. Make a little midsection area that goes all the way around and is black (or color it black) and since its foam its flexible :)

I was gonna see if I could find a good reference picture of what the abdomen looks like to draw up a template for myself but you could try to do something like that and sew maybe a vest type thing or just an ab thing.

What is that strap supposed to hold up?

Congrats Starvin!

Super AWESOME to see the armor complete and on you!
It looks FANTASTIC!

Kudo's to you and your team.
Can't wait to see more exciting pics from you.

Cheers!

I myself am looking forward to seeing more :D
I'm taking a small break to prepare for the school year, but I'll be back up and running with more updates soon.

Starvin,
*claps* congrats man, looks wonderful.
I have an idea about number 5. Hiding the straps. its not the best but i think it could work if you do it right. Use foam to cover it. Make a little midsection area that goes all the way around and is black (or color it black) and since its foam its flexible :)
I have some ideas along that line. I'll create something that goes overtop of the midsection. Maybe not foam, but I do have leather scraps that would work nicely if they are detailed correctly.

I was gonna see if I could find a good reference picture of what the abdomen looks like to draw up a template for myself but you could try to do something like that and sew maybe a vest type thing or just an ab thing.

What is that strap supposed to hold up?
The strap is part of the harness holding up the thighs and shoulders. I modified an old daypack into a harness for those pieces so the strap rides higher than a belt would.

Congrats Starvin!

Super AWESOME to see the armor complete and on you!
It looks FANTASTIC!

Kudo's to you and your team.
Can't wait to see more exciting pics from you.

Cheers!
Thanks Longshot. I'm hoping to start working on the Church suit next. Most of those pieces need to be smaller sizes so no molding but given the lessons learned things should go well.

Man, phenomenal job my man. I cant believe I missed this thread. Everything is so on point!
Thanks a bunch. I always appreciate compliments from builders with high quality work like your helmet. It is still the best Carter I've seen.

Small update just on some planning. I got together with a couple of my students and we came to a decision after finishing this suit. They want to try building their armor using this season's reach models and using foam. I think in the long run it is the right decision. It will be an overall better medium for them to work on because of cost, clean up, space, and skill level. Also, the reach suits lend themselves to more customization in the future. They can start with a base suit and then create parts at any time to add for a custom character if they choose. But we will still be trying to stay with the core RvB characters at first. I actually a bit excited just because it will be a completely different build method so there is no chance of me getting bored. :) I have to do some test fits with my helmet but if it works for all of the builders then well will probably just mold my helmet for each suit. That allows me to teach molding to them with a core piece that fits most any size head.(hopefully) Of course Caboose is still building his MKV from the ground up so I'm working with him as often as I can.

So I think this will be a good change and I'm looking forward to getting things rolling in September. Our first major project will be to fundraise for material costs. That should be an interesting bit of paperwork for me :)

I've viewed this thread from afar for quite a time now, but I just can't hold back any longer. Fantastic job to you and your students! I just love the consistent updates and quality in this thread. Outstanding work.

Starvin this is absolutely phenominal definately grade A work. After you and all your students finish your project you should definately take a video of all you guys and send it into roosterteeth :) congrats sir.

Sounds really good, And I wish you the best of luck on you're fund raiser.

I've viewed this thread from afar for quite a time now, but I just can't hold back any longer. Fantastic job to you and your students! I just love the consistent updates and quality in this thread. Outstanding work.

Thanks again guys. Using the foam will help a ton with the costs.

Starvin this is absolutely phenominal definately grade A work. After you and all your students finish your project you should definately take a video of all you guys and send it into roosterteeth :) congrats sir.
Thanks man, I may just have to do that. We'll be at the Halo CE Anniversary opening so I hope we'll have plenty of pics from that.

U double posted by accident lol. Yeah i also hope to have my armor done by the CE anniversary :)

OOPS! Now how the heck did that happen. Thanks for the heads up.

If a Moderator happens to drop by can you please delete the double post? Thanks.

Nothing on the other armors just yet. Had to take a break to enjoy what is left of the summer. We will start up again once school starts.

Enjoy you're break, And with any luck I'll Just about be done when you come back.

P.S. if you go to edit and just hit the delete with out making a comment it will remove the post without a trace. ;)

okay youve made me think !! Should i paint my armor like a character from RvB (and if so which one?) or should I paint it like master chief?

i already started school yesterday in GA, so do you have a few weeks to take a break or a few days? Anyway I like the idea of doing the new armor and the foam will probably make it easier to convince people that this is a school project (or extracurricular). Also you might have to change the visor on your helmet to black to match all the other characters.
P.S.- It looks like Tex and Doc are the only ones from the original blood gulch that we haven't seen in season 9.

i already started school yesterday in GA, so do you have a few weeks to take a break or a few days? Anyway I like the idea of doing the new armor and the foam will probably make it easier to convince people that this is a school project (or extracurricular). Also you might have to change the visor on your helmet to black to match all the other characters.
P.S.- It looks like Tex and Doc are the only ones from the original blood gulch that we haven't seen in season 9.

We start school the first week of September. And thank you so much for reminding me just how little summer I have left (sarcasm intended) LOL j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back