Halo: CE Aniversary Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMAW09

Just read an article on IGN that says they are integrating certain kinect features into the game without altering game play. What does everyone else think about this? I for one like this. I own a kinect and wish more games would integrate it as long as I can still play the core game with a controller or have the option not to use the kinect. I think it might have something to do with the rumored console hubs. Just my two cents...

Hmmmm...I will be buying a kinect later this year. I will only be able to judge weather it is good or bad once I play it for myself. It sounds cool, but im not sure how well it will work. Only time will tell. Thanks for this heads up man!

Jacob

I own a kinect, and have to say that it is very fun to use. However, I hardly ever use it due to the fact that most games never integrate it, except for the very cheesy kid games i.e. kinectimals. I'd love to see this, even if it was going to be for simply pausing the game. It's just fun to yell at your 360 ;)

i also own a kinect, but due to my language, i can't use the speech recognition (altrough my english is good (--_--*)) i hope i can use it in halo

it wouldn't surprise me if you could control your character with the kinect. i know that there is a new fps that you can control with only kinect. it looks really cool.

If they make it so I can swing my left arm and throw a grenade or move my right index finger and shoot my rilfe, I will cry with joy! :D

honestly i think the kinect is just too gimmicky for me to take it seriously, xbox has been about making great games that play on their controllers but when they decided to copy nintendo by doing motion control and releasing games that are basically the same thing and then sell the thing for the a high price I /facepalmed. If you enjoy the kinect that's fine but its not my thing. seriously... "Fist bump!"

From what I know, some games are adding gestures/voice commands.

Mass Effect 3 for instance, will allow you to give voice commands to your NPC allies "Archangel, take cover" for instance, will make the charecter Archangel - go to a cover position instead of whatever he was trying to do.

Gestures like moving the controller up and down quickly might also be incorperated to do things quickly - like toggle Running, then whenever another action is taken - say firing - the action is automatically toggled off again.

It seems complicated but really the movements and voice commands will seem more 'real' then you may realize.

Power to Kinect. Let's see what Sony has in store for the move.

honestly i think the kinect is just too gimmicky for me to take it seriously, xbox has been about making great games that play on their controllers but when they decided to copy nintendo by doing motion control and releasing games that are basically the same thing and then sell the thing for the a high price I /facepalmed. If you enjoy the kinect that's fine but its not my thing. seriously... "Fist bump!"

I agree with you that the initially released games were just clones of cheap nintendo games. I was pretty disappointed they haven't come out with more until now. What I have to disagree with is the actual gameplay of kinect. I have a wii also and the kinect is a completely different experience. It's hard to explain but it almost feels futuristic.

That being said I firmly believe that halo should be played with a controller in your hands. I wouldn't mind the kinect enhancing the gameplay through, as long as it's not required. I think when they start requiring mainstream games (Halo, Gears, COD) to use the kinect for core gameplay they are going to chase away people not willing to purchase and extra piece of hardware.

I really hope this isn't some ploy to get people to buy more kinects.
Of course it is, why do you think Microsoft is forcing the subject so much? They invested a lot of money into it, and are aggressively seeking a profit. While I think the Kinect is completely useless to anyone outside of the casual gaming bubble (thanks to its lack of 1:1 motion tracking), Microsoft seems to think, or wants to think, otherwise. Which is ridiculous, since full motion in a fast-paced game is laughable (and implausible), and using motion more sparingly will break any immersion you're experiencing (like moving the controller around to reload/jump/something like that).

I don't see it becoming a core part of any game not specifically designed to be a gimmicky pile of garbage. I mean, some shooters might have some Kinect option tacked on to grab some extra sales, but I can assure you it won't be anything remotely groundbreaking. I'm hoping the indie crowd come up with some good uses for the Kinect, though. I've been hearing that it will have a LOT of potential when independent developers get their hands on the SDK, which I don't doubt at all.

Mass Effect 3 for instance, will allow you to give voice commands to your NPC allies "Archangel, take cover" for instance, will make the charecter Archangel - go to a cover position instead of whatever he was trying to do.
Not to derail the thread, but I hope they implement voice stuff with the PC version... it would make more sense than the poor-mans pause to give orders.

I agree with ForgedReclaimer that GRFS looks totally epic with the Kinect. If Halo got the Gunsmithing system that Ubi showcased at E3, I would have tears of joy streaming down my face.

I agree Templar_320 Tears of joy indeed. I'm surprised no company has made a MC helmet with the Halo game inside so you could play halo anywhere you went! haha my little brothers would love something like that. Oh and by the way I'm new to the site and must say. I love the etiquette, encouragement, and vibe, it seems like the perfect place for a Halo fan like myself to hang out! I appreciate this site A LOT! May as well introduce myself while I'm posting. My name is Tony, I write music, install Video, Data, and VOIP... as well as POTS for the old school LAN line phone havers with a company called SureWest Communications. I also love Halo mostly the story of Master Chief for so many reasons that go deeper than just sheer enjoyment and wonderment:) My wife and I both play Halo! I stumbled upon this site to research making a suit inspired by the HALO 3 helmet that came with the legendary edition. So... Hi I'm Tony, nice to meet you all. Glad to be here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back