Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life-size Warthog Build (WIP)

Lightbulb Life-size Warthog Build (WIP)

I was planning on building a simple object first like an assault rifle or a helmet for a first project. But i though might as well start big then if i can do that i can do anything, if anyone has any objections or thinks otherwise then please let me know. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. But for now, a warthog is gonna be built...pics soon

Pictures for creation framework taken down due to misconception of intellectual property theft

Updated 6.28.11
    Last edited by Cadena; 06-28-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: junkyard vehicle not usable

something like this?

There's a huge difference between a full-size Warthog build and a wearable armor/weapon prop build. The techniques, skills, and experience needed for each of them is quite varied, so I don't think that being able to build a full scale Warthog necessarily translates to being able to build armor or weapons.

There's nothing wrong with going all out and attempting to build a real Warthog, but please keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily prepare you for other costuming projects. (Though fair warning, the only full-size 'Hog I've seen finished is the WETA one. I've yet to see an amateur builder complete one, so forgive me/us if we're a little skeptical). You most likely will have a much better chance of success by starting smaller, getting your feet wet and building confidence for larger projects.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpenguin View Post
    something like this?
    i hope soo lol
    -Roceifin Nye

I second Spitfire's comment. Either way, good luck to you and whatever build you choose!
    Thought I'd try shooting my way out—mix things up a little

Check out my Mark VI build! http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...161#post546161

well u got to remember that vidoe and build wus made in 2007. this is 2011 if u know what u r doing u can make look realy good.

please tell me you are not making that out of wood...
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Good for you if you want to attempt this. Good luck!

Everyone, just a raise of hands, how many have you heard of posts wanting to make a warthog? A lot. Next question, how many of you have actually seen a warthog completed, besides WETA. The answer is none.

Intresting, this is the second warhog build I've seen using a land rover. The other being the one built for Operation Chastity. Good luck with this build its always fun watchin people go after big projects like this!

CoolC, what about the one for operation chastity?
    " Grif, I've lost my shotgun. What'll I do without my Shotgun? Shotgun Dammit!" -Sarge RvB
    "Don't shoot his head! You'll hurt Cortana, she's a hottie. She's blue, but she's a hottie." - H2 Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Freezer View Post
    Intresting, this is the second warhog build I've seen using a land rover. The other being the one built for Operation Chastity. Good luck with this build its always fun watchin people go after big projects like this!

CoolC, what about the one for operation chastity?
    Since the time I joined last year, I haven't seen a complete warthog build. Perhaps I missed Operation Chastity. I did a search and locate the website of Operation Chastity. The three photos posted by Cadena belong to Operation Chastity. Perhaps Cadena care to comment?