Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give you all a heads up, i am going to be rebuilding my helmet. Mine was breaking a lot around the bottom and whatnot, so i took it apart. I blame the brute that hit me with the hammer :p lol jk
ahem anyways, im not sure if i will start a new thread or just post in this one. we shall see :)

take care

I have a Halo 3 rip of the Rogue helmet courtesy of MS7 that I've recently unfolded if you're interested. NZ-TK's is currently the only model out there that I know of, and while it's close in several respects it's not completely accurate.

I have a Halo 3 rip of the Rogue helmet courtesy of MS7 that I've recently unfolded if you're interested. NZ-TK's is currently the only model out there that I know of, and while it's close in several respects it's not completely accurate.

I am indeed interested :) Thanks very much! I have not started on the new one yet so you have great timing lol.

Sorry to hear about the helmet, I'm definitely a fan of yours now and I love that you had so many pics of you in the armor, too many>to little! :D

Sorry to hear about the helmet, I'm definitely a fan of yours now and I love that you had so many pics of you in the armor, too many>to little! :D

Thanks! :)
I actually have to rebuild the whole suit. I had a plasma grenade hit me and blow it up (major warping issues from leaving it in my car in the heat... oops) ,so i am going to rebuild it better :)
Will probably start a new thread on it as well. Ill keep ya posted

D: more like you tried to play catch with a plasma grenade? xD lol. I'm sorry for the warping issues, never feels good to see a work of art be destroyed/damaged >.<
If you start a new thread, make sure to post so here so I can follow it!

Here's the linkk: http://www.4shared.com/file/g3MDHB8b/H3_Rogue__Ripped_.html?

I have it set to A4 sized paper and scaled roughly to fit an (admittedly somewhat slender) adult head, so you may have to adjust accordingly. I did my best to have as many large/smooth panels as possible (because I personally hate having a hundred tiny little pieces to glue together). The visor is also has all the surrounding tabs on it so that the opening would be as smooth as possible should anyone choose not to include the visor piece in the pep work. I've actually been considering doing 3 different versions of this helmet, one for the Halo 3 build, one for what it would have looked like if it was in the Reach game, and one for what I think it should have looked like in Halo 4. lol.

D: more like you tried to play catch with a plasma grenade? xD lol. I'm sorry for the warping issues, never feels good to see a work of art be destroyed/damaged >.<
If you start a new thread, make sure to post so here so I can follow it!

XD shuuuush, it was blue and shiney and i get distracted by shiney things lol.
I will definately post here and tell you guys about the new thread for the amor when i get around to starting it.

Here's the linkk: http://www.4shared.com/file/g3MDHB8b/H3_Rogue__Ripped_.html?

I have it set to A4 sized paper and scaled roughly to fit an (admittedly somewhat slender) adult head, so you may have to adjust accordingly. I did my best to have as many large/smooth panels as possible (because I personally hate having a hundred tiny little pieces to glue together). The visor is also has all the surrounding tabs on it so that the opening would be as smooth as possible should anyone choose not to include the visor piece in the pep work. I've actually been considering doing 3 different versions of this helmet, one for the Halo 3 build, one for what it would have looked like if it was in the Reach game, and one for what I think it should have looked like in Halo 4. lol.

Thanks very much, ill download it when i get home :) i have a big head so we will see what i can do :p.
It sounds like you did a good job with it so i cant wait to see it :)
Well if you end up doing the reach and Halo 4 versions i might take a crack at making those too lol. I plan on doing the Military Police helmet from reach soon. Its my favorite from that game

I actually have to rebuild the whole suit. I had a plasma grenade hit me and blow it up (major warping issues from leaving it in my car in the heat... oops) ,so i am going to rebuild it better :)
Will probably start a new thread on it as well. Ill keep ya posted

Ouch,
You know how excited I am about redoing previous work on my build. Sorry to hear it. You may want to cur up your armor, heat and straighten the pieces, spray it with mold release, and form new fiberglass blanks off of the old. Why pep if you can go molded?

Redshirt

XD shuuuush, it was blue and shiney and i get distracted by shiney things lol.
I will definately post here and tell you guys about the new thread for the amor when i get around to starting it.

lol I can't wait, you better keep us posted! Or I will get angry... and you wont like when I'm angry...x\D

Thanks very much, ill download it when i get home :) i have a big head so we will see what i can do :p.
It sounds like you did a good job with it so i cant wait to see it :)
Well if you end up doing the reach and Halo 4 versions i might take a crack at making those too lol. I plan on doing the Military Police helmet from reach soon. Its my favorite from that game
It won't be something modeled (don't have the software for that), more of a modification to the build. Althoguh with the Reach version I might get away with just an adjusted color scheme and maybe fiddle around with the attachments to figure out which ones would work best with the helmet style. The H4 interpretation is going to take some more drastic modifications to fit the new style (namely the glowing disc on the back of the helmets). But, like all my armor "building" right now, it's all still in the "concept" stage floating around in my head.

Ouch,
You know how excited I am about redoing previous work on my build. Sorry to hear it. You may want to cur up your armor, heat and straighten the pieces, spray it with mold release, and form new fiberglass blanks off of the old. Why pep if you can go molded?

Redshirt

That would have been a great idea.... if i had not already gotten rid of pretty much all of it. lol. MY buddy and i used it for target practice with our airsoft guns then just tossed the pieces. But with the new set i build ill probably mold and cast them so i can make as many as i want.

lol I can't wait, you better keep us posted! Or I will get angry... and you wont like when I'm angry...x\D

OOOOO scary :p lol

It won't be something modeled (don't have the software for that), more of a modification to the build. Althoguh with the Reach version I might get away with just an adjusted color scheme and maybe fiddle around with the attachments to figure out which ones would work best with the helmet style. The H4 interpretation is going to take some more drastic modifications to fit the new style (namely the glowing disc on the back of the helmets). But, like all my armor "building" right now, it's all still in the "concept" stage floating around in my head.

Ah gotcha lol. Well whatever works then.
Well maybe you should transfer some stuff from your head to paper or something lol

Heh, the only problem with that is the eternal question "where to start?" Even though I have most, if not all, of the reference material to do it I still haen't even pieced together mock-ups for, at this point, the 4-5 different armor sets I want to build, plus weapons/props. Then there are the "big bucks pipe-dream" concepts for turning most likely a Jeep Liberty Sport (probably a mid to late 90s 2-door model) into a troop transport Warthog, as well as trying to figure out how to take the Brute chopper from the Halo reality and make it work in ours. And then there's the whole color scheme mess. lol. Some people can pick their armor and colors and they'll stick with it for the life of the game. I can hardly go through one session of Reach or Halo 4 without changing colors and configurations at least twice. Heck, if I built a suit for each configuration I've used I'd have an armory to make Tony Stark jealous.

But I did piece together one early concept reference a while back, mixing elements from Reach and Halo 3.
Projectref_zps4e574ae3.jpg

Heh, the only problem with that is the eternal question "where to start?" Even though I have most, if not all, of the reference material to do it I still haen't even pieced together mock-ups for, at this point, the 4-5 different armor sets I want to build, plus weapons/props. Then there are the "big bucks pipe-dream" concepts for turning most likely a Jeep Liberty Sport (probably a mid to late 90s 2-door model) into a troop transport Warthog, as well as trying to figure out how to take the Brute chopper from the Halo reality and make it work in ours. And then there's the whole color scheme mess. lol. Some people can pick their armor and colors and they'll stick with it for the life of the game. I can hardly go through one session of Reach or Halo 4 without changing colors and configurations at least twice. Heck, if I built a suit for each configuration I've used I'd have an armory to make Tony Stark jealous.

But I did piece together one early concept reference a while back, mixing elements from Reach and Halo 3.
Projectref_zps4e574ae3.jpg

OMG i would love to turn something into a warthog. Can you imagine driving down the freeyway in that sucker! lol It would be sooooo awesome. Hmmm the brute chopper would be a little difficult. I mean the concept is there already with those motorcycles with the two wheels in the front. Would just need to change the body or one and extend it and add a big ass wheel on it instead of the two lol.
LMAO omg thats funny. I can imagine tony starks face like o_O so jealous lol.

Oooo i like that concept art. I think that would be fun to make :)

Yea, I've been looking at the Can-Am Spiders as potential base models for a Ghost mod. Maybe put some purple and blue LEDs on the rims to give the illusion of the anti-grav fields. For the Chopper though, that all depends on what sort of budget I end up with. Heh, I keep entering the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes at every opportunity, hoping for the best. With that kind of money the plan is simple: go down to Melbourne, FL. and pitch the concept to the Parker Brothers (might have seen their short-lived show on the Syfy channel "Dream Machines"). I think if anyone can build a real-world Brute Chopper, it would be those guys. Think the hardest obstacle to overcome with it would be visability over those massive front wheels.

Yeah i would say to get passed the visability issue we would need to put a camera in front of them with a screen u can look into or skmething of that sort. Okay we should moventhis convo to pm's lol this way we dont keep making this thread light up for a topic not in its title lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back