Jun-Armor + WEP (WIP PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroforce

Jr Member
Jun-Armor+Sniper (PIC HEAVY! - FINNISHED)

Finnished! It has taken me 1 year and 1 week to make this suit, but im now finnished. Not going to work more with this build (atleast not it the near future). I have spent alot of hours planning, building, sanding, paining, detailing and so on, a few mistakes has been made along the way. Alot of my errors have not been updated in this thread but i have learned a heck of alot during this build and im now moving on to new projects. Im guessing that i have used 600-700 hours on planning (reading ALOT here on 405th), building and fitting the armor, and alot of monney. For n00bs that want to build an armor, pepakura is fairly easy, but it takes time, patience and monney, but by all means DO IT! If you are not pleased with your first attempt, then make it again but better. Like i did with both my helmet and chest. I have been attending 2 Con's sofar, and 2 contests. In the first contest I took the 3rd place, but this was before the armor was done (missing alot of details and so on). In my second contest that i entered the competition was much harder and the Con is said to be the biggest in visitor numbers in all of Scandinavia. Here i took the 2nd place, which was alot of fun and im movin up so im going for 1st place next time ill enter a contest. If you enjoyed building LEGO as a kid, then building your own armor is a new type of LEGO.

This thread contains some pics from the start, but I really didnt think i was going to make a complete armor and therfore the updates in the start are a bit thin. But it gets better, both pics and my story of how its all built. I hope you enjoy reading it all, its worth the time ;)

And i belive i now have the best JUN cosplay out there (thats not professionally built), i have yet to see any other that is better, but i may be wrong :D

Here are some of the pics from the last Con (2nd place) in Oslo - Norway:

468958_10151863282810072_1850079038_o.jpg

468926_10151863283655072_1673264245_o.jpg

277247_10151863221280072_1251119081_o.jpg

178003_10151863283175072_400506667_o.jpg

474032_10151863220975072_941829942_o.jpg

545122_4180983562508_449619871_n.jpg

Thank you all for tips and tricks, and all the great guides on this forum. Without it i would never have startet on this epic journey of mine. The last year has truly made me a cosplayer by heart and im now moving on for new projects. But Ill always REMEMBER REACH! Thanks for reading :)

Here does the orignial first post start :
"Hey all, im really really new to armor making and pepakura. I love the jun armor and like lots of others i was thinking of making a pepakura armor. I have already tested it out and i dont find it that hard....yet...but what i find hard is to find the right files for jun. And im having a hard time to determine what kind of shoulders he is using, since those i find do look a bit like it but its not quite there where i want it to be. So if any1 of you have some pepakura files for jun shoulders, preferably in hd...i would really like it. I was also thinking of starting off with some shoulders and hands before i move on to the more difficult helmet.

If some one is such a pro that they know all of the pieces that jun uses it would be purely awsome if u could post it here.

I have been on alot of post and read of how u make the armors and i truly admire you all for the hard work u are doing. Well now im hopefully joining u guys in here for some armor building fun, been thinkin of it for a while but never gone all the way of making it a reality.

All tips appreciated :) "

Jun.png

I'm sure someone with more experience with Jun's armor will chime in, but as far as I know, Jun wears mostly standard Mark V(B) similar to Noble Six. The only differences I think are:

-helmet (obviously)
-"Ghillie suit" / camo on the chest (but this cant be done in Pep, must be custom made).
-Soft case on left thigh (again, better off custom making it, not in Pep).
-Left forearm has Tacpad.

As for the shoulders, again they seem to essentially just be the default shoulders with .50 cal bullet holders. If you'd like, you can read up how I did something similar in my build thread. While not exactly like Jun's armor, it's very similar and based off of his design.

Building .50 cal shoulder bullet holder

Good luck with the build, and I really hope you finish it! I've only seen one other completed Jun suit. If I were to make a 2nd suit, I'd probably do all Jun armor myself. :)

Hey all, im really really new to armor making and pepakura. I love the jun armor and like lots of others i was thinking of making a pepakura armor. I have already tested it out and i dont find it that hard....yet...but what i find hard is to find the right files for jun.
I suggest that you download the Vanity armor maker program to get the names of the armor parts.

And im having a hard time to determine what kind of shoulders he is using, since those i find do look a bit like it but its not quite there where i want it to be. So if any1 of you have some pepakura files for jun shoulders, preferably in hd...i would really like it.
He uses the sniper shoulder, which attaches to the standard Reach shoulder armor piece and holds 3 rounds of ammo. Rhinoc made a model of this one.

I was also thinking of starting off with some shoulders and hands before i move on to the more difficult helmet.
You have a few helmets to choose from. The easiest is probably the one made by Jico. The one by B1ahh is another choice. If you want HD, ForgesReclaimer's model comes to mind, as well as the ones by jtm1997 and Chevysrule.

If some one is such a pro that they know all of the pieces that jun uses it would be purely awsome if u could post it here.
I suggest that you check out the Official Halo Reach Pepakura Files (OHRPF) thread instead. Use the Search bar near the top of this page also. Check the files thread started by the modelers I mentioned.

the soft case on the thigh and the piece on the back of the torso will have to be hand made, everything else should be in the official reach thread. if you cant find what you need there it may be in the all in one pep pack

according to Halo Nation:

"Jun wears a Scout helmet, with an HU/RS upgrade to the helmet, a MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Tactical Patrol chest piece. He uses the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Sniper variant shoulders with his combat knife on his right shoulder and spare sniper rifle rounds are on his left shoulder, and MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Tactical UGPS for his left forearm. His leg attachments consist of a Tactical/Soft Case on his left thigh and FJ/PARA variant knee guards. His weapon of choice is the Sniper Rifle System 99 Anti-Matériel. "

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Jun-A266

hope that helps

Good luck Kroforce; power to the snipers! <also i would suggest going to your local army/navy surplus store for a lead on the ghillie hood, you dont need a suit, just a ripped up part of one; or you can do it the old fashioned way and weave a loose net made from twine and tie on pieces of dyed canvas>

Well for one the sniper rifle is not 50. caliber. The sniper actually uses an absurdly large Millimeter measureed round (aircraft and tank cannons, and antitank rifles) that instead of firing an explosive cannon shell it fires a very tiny round, with a fin stabilized discarding sabot filling the size gap. Basically they just look huge, and everyone automatically thinks its a 50.

Its 14.5x114mm, like the soviet anti-tank rounds still in use today, and I think thats about a 57.

Well for one the sniper rifle is not 50. caliber. The sniper actually uses an absurdly large Millimeter measureed round (aircraft and tank cannons, and antitank rifles) that instead of firing an explosive cannon shell it fires a very tiny round, with a fin stabilized discarding sabot filling the size gap. Basically they just look huge, and everyone automatically thinks its a 50.

Yes, I, as well as many others, are aware of the Sniper rifle's caliber. However, considering that a .50 cal bullet is 12.7mm in diameter, compared to the SRS-99's 14.5mm, it's not that big of a difference (i.e. less than 2mm). And since the 14.5mm round is much less common than, say, the typical 12.7mm round, it's just simpler to use those for uses such as Halo armor making. It's quite easy to find .50 cal dummy rounds. 14.5mm? Well, not so much...

Small update....

Made my third pepakura tingy ever today, and now its finished. I have started off with the hand plates, because its small and easy....i thought....turned out it was quite hard because of the small size on some of the pieces. But it didn't turn out that bad after all.

Btw i used think paper, its 200g per sheet, i also use a glue gun or hot glue for the assembly of the army, but now to some pics

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

Tell me your though :)

Planning on starting on a shoulder tomorrow

good luck with your build! and btw hand-plate is supposed to be the other way around.

ForgesReclaimer's are some of the best part in HD that you can get and the L3X chest is the best one of its kind I have links to all of them on my page 4 if you want to save time doing a search and it will also show you what some of them look like. good luck on you're build Side note: Burlap works great for Ghillie take it from a Marine.

Update

Hey, been a while, lots have happened since last post.....all my thoughts lately have gone to the ppl here in Norway after the insane attack that we had just a few days ago. A mad man first blew up a bomb that killed 8, then went to a little island where there was a political youth gathering and started shooting down ppl....atm the number is 68 killed at the island.

RIP

now over to what i have done so far....

i have finished 1 shoulder

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

its a bit to smal for me, but its just going to be a test piece anyways, a piece for me to learn how to apply resin and fiberglass and so on before i move over on the real deal. Which i also have made 1 of.

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--8BxPhd0xL0/Ti8SOEm2AvI/AAAAAAAAABw/YexXJtoH9PE/s720/IMAG0372.jpg

its going ok sofar, takes alot of time but o so fun it is to se it all come together :D

Im almost done with the helmet also, pics inc soon ;) I would love to hear what u think so far.
:D

Update...Helmet

Update :D

Helmet is done pepping, hand-plate and shoulder done with resin, first resin coat i have ever applied, hand-plate went well, shoulder didn't get that stiff, guessing to little resin...?

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

next up is last handplate and starting on arms/wrist i think, maybe making last shoulder and upping the size on it just a cm or two.....

Update::

Time flyes and so does the monney. It has been a long while since i have updatet something here, but i have been working on the armor, new school and so on. Well here is some pics so u can se what i have been up to...

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0434.jpg

:D

This looks great mate! I especially like the paintingstyle you've opted for! :p

All the peping and smoothing really looks well done, and generally everything you've made looks great! :D

You'll totally be done in time for Halloween at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back