Yup, another foam build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traghatti

So just to start.
1) This is my first foam build, but not my first suit. This is suit no.3.

2) A LOT of the credit has to go to Nick Nack Patty Wack, and his foam build, you can find his thread in the creation discussion board, without having the inspiration of his costume, I probably would have never thought of using foam..

3)I'll be at Anime Expo in LA on Saturday July 2nd. And San Diego Comiccon all 4 days.

Hope you guys like!

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

YES! Dude this is exactly what I was needing to know if it was impossible:D I do have one question... Is the foam build more flexible than a pep build?

Mate thats an incredible looking suit! Ive just printed out a UA shoulder today as my first ever project. If it looks anywhere near as good as yours I'll be over the moon.

Good job on the foam build have fun at comic con! Look for a short asian girl as Kate Bisop with a Purple Bow managing an art table at AX and say Hello from the friend who gave her the bow :).

@ afoodieElephant. Im not sure what you meant by more flexible but Foam can produce really good results in a short period of time if you're commited. I Find that its easier then pepping then glassing and sanding for hours. and so far us foam builders either scratch build or use regular pep files and figure out which pieces to print and put together. it takes a bit of planning. so only a couple or few files have been released with foam in mind like L3X's V4 reach chest.

So went to Anime Expo today, ran into Galvatron, and unknown ODST, and Chief with a flag, posted pics below. Good times! Hope to see more of us at CC in 2 weeks!

New movie, Spartans vs Predator
IMG_0953.jpg

Donno how that happened....
IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Hoist up that flag!
IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

I almost went today! Should've gone so I could have gotten pics with you, but I was doing my final test fit of my own suit today. Your suit looks great and looks like you had some fun.

Great pics. If you get enough guys at your next get together you should do a take of the marines raising the US flag on Iwo Jima (substitute Spartans for marines).

main_small.gif

That photo shoot is just classic. Looks like you were having a great time, in witch made the whole build worth so much more than the time and money that went into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back