"Flex Seal" on my armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have a can of this stuff, it's great! but dont cover it too much or it drips and runs, do light coats.

Its kinda similar but its completely different to work with according to accounts of both being used for the same purpose. For further testing we could have some of our 405th members get some samples, and test it for things like durability, hardness, texture, adhesion, tear resistance, and shape retension. Then (and i dont recomend this at all) maybe paintball and airsoft tests.

This would be interesting to make undersuits with.... make a little template, tape it off, spray that in, remove the tape, glue or sew it into the body suit

This would be interesting to make undersuits with.... make a little template, tape it off, spray that in, remove the tape, glue or sew it into the body suit

I agree with it being good for undersuit but it seems it has a a rough texture when sprayed and unless you like "gritty" texture on your armor if your going Foam then I wouldn't recommend it. UNLESS you can sand the flex seal to a smooth finish which cant be done with plasti dip. but so far im recommending Mod Podge for Foam or a combo of plasti dip and mod podge on top. Mod Podge is only $8 USD for 16 fl oz. where im at so its cheaper for me. Results can be found in my WIP thread on my experiment with mod podge. Mod Podge can be wet sanded smooth which is for the people that don't want the gritty texture like me.

Well in the video, it doesn't seem gritty; it's like spray-rubber so I imagine it gives texture resembling spray-paint which is just *slightly* gritty to the touch

this has been debunked to death, and then some. And then some more... And some more. And finally, a bit more...

what pray tell has been debunked that fervently? the spray itself or hitting a layer of the spray with paintball/airsoft? looks like it would definitely hold against paintball from from the videos, I know Rhino lining will even in small amounts and this stuff looks similar.

Oh, apologies to Roadwarrior then, blame it on my noob status and the homemade anti-IED armor on our work truck ; )

*DISCLAIMER* DO NOT attempt making Anti-fragmentation armor at home.

Oh, apologies to Roadwarrior then, blame it on my noob status and the homemade anti-IED armor on our work truck ; )

*DISCLAIMER* DO NOT attempt making Anti-fragmentation armor at home.

Too late. I made a flak jacket with level IV protection at the plates, and III protection everywhere else. It only weighs about 15 pounds. Ive been testing it with a hrdraulic jack mounted upside down as a press. I plan on making a ceramic facemask.

Well i mean i did create a relatively thin fiberglass and ceramic level V rifle plate and it only weighed 5 pounds.

Back to topic, I dont think that the Flex Seal has been tested against paintballs or airsoft yet, and if it holds without breaking we may actually see opportunity to showcase our work in a new area =D

They have had this stuff out for awhile for cars....rubberized undercoating...comes in a spray can and can be sprayed directly onto the surface, primed and painted....if you use a filler primer you can then sand it for a smooth finish. And it has rubber in it so it will flex. I just don't know how it will affect the foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back